When are you planning to buy Xbox Series X and PS5?

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 180 comments
Not sure of the situation yet, thinking not because shop will be shut’ non essential’, guess it depends what you call essential☹️
In Australia when we were under full lockdown electrical appliance stores where able to keep their warehouses open as essential services (fridges, stoves, etc) so I hope you can (if you ordered through somewhere like that) :).

In Australia when we were under full lockdown electrical appliance stores where able to keep their warehouses open as essential services (fridges, stoves, etc) so I hope you can (if you ordered through somewhere like that) :).
Thanks for good wishes but its GameStop so little hope,i know in the bigger picture other people have a lot more to worry about so it’s just a balls,stay safe

I'm getting a PS5 on launch day, I might try and get a Series X a few months down the line but I haven't touched my Xbox One in months so I'm less eager to spend money on a new one

PS5 either at launch or as soon as possible after launch (despite pre-ordering my console the minute they went live, I wasn't allocated a day one console).

I don't plan on buying a Series X at all, but a Series S is pretty tempting as a Game Pass box a few years down the line.

I am still planning to wait for PS5 as there are no games tempting me currently, but will pick it up in a year or so, or when my PS4 goes pffft...

I was considering picking up a Series S due to the low price, as I've never had an Xbox before. However I am only interested in the Forza games on Xbox. Since there are only 2 Forza games left available for download, and I would like to be able to play previous versions, the Series S is not practical for what I want :(

And the Series X is too pricey for my budget, so I'm going to plan B...

Which is to wait for the new gen to release and then pick up either a new Xbox 1X or a second hand traded in 1X (which should be plentiful once new gen comes out). I figure a few Forza Horizons and Motorsports should keep me occupied for a year at least. :D

I lucked upon the last copy of Forza Horizon 3 in a local game store for the bargain price of £8, so I've got no choice but to buy one now! :lol:

...I do want to get a PS5, but as it stands, there aren't any games that I "really" want to justify spending the equivalent of $745 on a gaming machine.

Maybe I'll wait a year or two, see if either games I'm interested in are released or the pricing comes down to a more reasonable level.

As for the Xbox X, it's a similar story, but with most of the major games on this platform also being available on PC (probably), it's even harder to justify. Even though I like its form factor, I can't pay so much for a nice looking paperweight, now can I?

Last edited:
I'll get a PS5 when there's a game or two available that i just can't live without.

I'm also still only 1080p, so until i buy a 4K TV i probably won't be looking to upgrade to a PS5 either as it seems pointless to do so.

Well, after a watching a flurry of reviews I changed my mind and just ordered the Series S (we have a sales season in my country, so I got it in installments and with 10% off), and I expect to receive it on the 12th. It won't replace my current One X and I'll use it for optimized/new games mainly. I figure to upgrade to the Series X in two years time because by that time there should be plenty of TVs/monitors that are up to spec.

I'm also still only 1080p, so until i buy a 4K TV i probably won't be looking to upgrade to a PS5 either as it seems pointless to do so.

I just bought a 4K TV. Here's what I wish I'd known before I did; 1) the bigger the better, 1080p vs 4k looks exactly the same on my 40" Samsung UE40MU6120, even close up; 2) get a 10-bit panel, not an 8-bit one, or you will get colour banding; 3) make sure it's UHD Certified, otherwise, there are absolutely no HDR standards regarding nits, etc. Also, be aware that there's a bit of a format war going on between manufacturers regarding HDR types, Dolby Vision vs HDR10+, etc. Good luck!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...war-just-got-even-more-messy/?sh=2afb6127afec

👍

EDIT: my new TV still looks **** hot & I'm really happy with it, but I could've bought smarter if I'd done more research...

Last edited:
There's no compelling launch software for me. Further there's no software 18 months to 2yrs down the track that matters.

Further these consoles are really expensive here. I have no interest in Xbox at all this time 'round.

I have even less interest in PS5 the more I hear about it. The fact that there's no M2 support out of the gate (coming in a firmware update).

There's no way to store PS5 software on an ext. drive and yet you only get 660gb on the internal.

There's no support for 1,440p (LOL)... coupled with the fact that they want to push the price of games to usd$70.

There's so many caveats. I know both these consoles will be a good thing maybe around about the time they revise hardware.

I do get that for many people they do have a piece of software that they desperately want to play day one.

The only thing that might make me jump to a Series X ahead of a new Forza game is if the Series X allows all of the LED lights (rev lights, gear indicator, flags) to work on my Fanatec V2 rim.

I think i will wait around 2022 when the minor problem will be fixed on PS5, im waiting for a bigger space storage that the 600-ich GB, and to see a huge graphics difference and engine game compare to the PS4 which is right now not really the case.

Seeing some reports of disc drive issues for the XSX

Also a guy in the UK has artifacting on the screen and the console keeps crashing, obviously something isn't soldered on the mobo properly.

124385669_3308343569264643_6286624091372854371_n.jpg

The first batch always tend to be rushed out the door.

Much like the PS3, I won't even be interested in a PS5 until Gran Turismo 7 launches. I bought my PS3 with GT5 bundled in & it was far enough after the console's launch that I didn't have any issues with it.

The pre orders and stocks for both PS5 and Xbox series have already ran out here in Bahrain and rest of the gulf. We won't get any new stocks until like the end of the year if not next year at best.

That being said, i have no reason to spend $612 on upgrading to a PS5 or Xhox Series X. Most games available at the moment aren't my type anyways and i still have a lot of PS4/XB1 games to play through and finish. Not to mention i have a PC capable of performing as good if not better than the new gen of consoles.

Last edited:
VBR
I just bought a 4K TV. Here's what I wish I'd known before I did; 1) the bigger the better, 1080p vs 4k looks exactly the same on my 40" Samsung UE40MU6120, even close up; 2) get a 10-bit panel, not an 8-bit one, or you will get colour banding; 3) make sure it's UHD Certified, otherwise, there are absolutely no HDR standards regarding nits, etc. Also, be aware that there's a bit of a format war going on between manufacturers regarding HDR types, Dolby Vision vs HDR10+, etc. Good luck!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...war-just-got-even-more-messy/?sh=2afb6127afec

I've got an 8-bit + FRC screen and haven't noticed any banding issues at all so that's also an alternative if you don't fancy forking out for a true 10-bit panel. I'm eager for my PS5 to turn up this week to finally get gaming on my TV in 4k!

I'd really like to wait for "slim" versions, but I will likely end up getting both the Xbox Series X and PS5 digital by spring 2021. Right now, not only are there no games I care to play on either, but I'd like to wait until some of the early issues are sorted out.

Still on a base ps4, so I would really like to get my hands on the Ps5. Not only for Demons Souls, but also to see what the extra power adds over my current base model.

And let’s not forget certain upgrade updates like the witcher 3.

Last edited:
After the kinks are worked out .

https://www.t3.com/us/news/ps5-owners-your-next-gen-console-may-die-at-any-second

"One of the more widely reported issues currently plaguing PS5 players are sudden and unexplained performance drops during gameplay, with some users reporting that their consoles are freezing or shutting down altogether. This problem appears to be with the PS5 console itself and is appearing across multiple titles, including the system's bundled game, Astro's Playroom."

Also i dont know if this is true or not as i dont have a ps5 but if it is , im sure a few folks wont be happy about it .

https://geekculture.co/ps-plus-is-the-only-way-for-ps5-owners-to-back-up-game-save-files/

"PlayStation 5 owners looking to safely back up their game save files will now be required to also get a PlayStation Plus membership as they won’t be able to back-up their PS5 game saves without one.

This is unlike the PS4, which allowed users to manually copy their game saves onto a USB drive. As revealed by TweakTown, the only way to back up game saves for next-gen PS5 exclusives like Demon Souls or Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales is to do so via PS Plus."

Last edited:
Currently own the standard PS4 and Xbox One S, so the upgrade will be more drastic for myself than most. I plan to get the Series X for myself, but not until Forza MotorSport launches, so it'll be a while. The PS5 on the other hand I wanted to get for my younger brother this Christmas. This year's been tough on everyone, so I just wanted to go all out this December. Already had Demon's Souls and Watchdogs 3 on pre-order ahead of time.

Problem is, there aren't any consoles at any online storefront. They all sold out in mere minutes, I stayed up all night trying to get one but didn't even see the "out of stock" status change on the storefronts I was viewing. Went from "coming soon" to "out of stock" in the time it took me to refresh the BestBuy page. I figure the next batch coming black Friday are likely to be a repeat of that experience. So I just bit the bullet and bought one from a company that was selling through Amazon... at a price that I'm less than proud of.

At this point I just hope it doesn't break like my launch edition PS3 did (stopped recognizing game disks). Money's not an issue, I just don't want a broken PS5 to be the icing on the ****-filled cake that is 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently own the standard PS4 and Xbox One S, so the upgrade will be more drastic for myself than most. I plan to get the Series X for myself, but not until Forza MotorSport launches, so it'll be a while. The PS5 on the other hand I wanted to get for my younger brother this Christmas. This year's been tough on everyone, so I just wanted to go all out this December. Already had Demon's Souls and Watchdogs 3 on pre-order ahead of time.

Problem is, there aren't any consoles at any online storefront. They all sold out in mere minutes, I stayed up all night trying to get one but didn't even see the "out of stock" status change on the storefronts I was viewing. Went from "coming soon" to "out of stock" in the time it took me to refresh the BestBuy page. I figure the next batch coming black Friday are likely to be a repeat of that experience. So I just bit the bullet and bought one from a company that was selling through Amazon... at a price that I'm less than proud of.

At this point I just hope it doesn't break like my launch edition PS3 did (stopped recognizing game disks). Money's not an issue, I just don't want a broken PS5 to be the icing on the ****-filled cake that is 2020.
I've just made the jump from the standard PS4 to the PS5 and yes, it's a great upgrade!

If you don't want any icing on the ****-filled cake with regards to your PS5 I'd suggest not using rest mode for the time being. There's been a few stories on Reddit of crashes that have been tied to it.

If you don't want any icing on the ****-filled cake with regards to your PS5 I'd suggest not using rest mode for the time being. There's been a few stories on Reddit of crashes that have been tied to it.

Yes, I've heard that as well, mainly when having an external SSD attached. Apparently Sony aims to fix it with a software patch, but for now... just have avoid using the function altogether.

I just hope it isn't like the PS4 where "sleep" is the default option on not one menu, but two. Don't know how many times I've accidentally put the console to sleep instead of turning it off.

Yes, I've heard that as well, mainly when having an external SSD attached. Apparently Sony aims to fix it with a software patch, but for now... just have avoid using the function altogether.

I just hope it isn't like the PS4 where "sleep" is the default option on not one menu, but two. Don't know how many times I've accidentally put the console to sleep instead of turning it off.
I was lucky that I'm a wheel user, because as it's no good for wheels the first thing I do is turn rest mode off on my consoles.

There's plenty of options for turning it off (as described in the article below) but all I did was go to the power saving settings like I always do. Then just turn it off from the power button in the pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen.

https://screenrant.com/ps5-rest-mod...ow To Turn Off Rest,to completely turn it off.

124775849_2844012782543807_3785803854100527090_n-1024x768.jpg

Finally I received and configured my Series S. The speed in which it copies games from the external hard drive is astounding! (It's a white Toshiba Canvio that looks great next to it). I have a funny story too: At some point, my original console was stolen and replaced in the box with 10 pounds of sugar! However Amazon came through and quickly agreed to a replacement, which arrived two days later and was personally delivered by a representative. I'm very happy with the service and outcome!

Back