When is the monthly DLC going to come out?

• Thread starter Ninners
  • 38 comments
Maybe we need Kaz to clarify what he means by DLC. Break it down so we can understand if he means:

- Additional content (cars/tracks/Senna/GTA)
- Bug fixes
- Feature implementation (i.e. Community/Course Maker/B-Spec)
- Other...

..and get timeframes on each. Otherwise his comments are too open to interpretation.

The monthly track DLC is so unrealystic. I just don't understand how people expect something like this or belive in such a miracle.

There has been SOMETHING every month. I disagree with the original statement on that level alone. However, @BOSS_335 asks the better question here.

I think that the question needs to be rephrased.
From memory, we've had the Hudson, BMW M3 & VGT, Merc VGT and VGT racer, Corvette and maybe others. We are about to get VW VGT and a Senna pack of cars and (updated/downgraded?) tracks. We have had 6 updates.

There should be some appreciation of this, before tackling the issue of paid for monthly DLC. I would rather have the promised additions to GT6 before being offered paid for cars/tracks.

And as a second point. DLC tracks are not so useful to me unless I also have some sort of event creator to use with the tracks.

Last edited:
The monthly track DLC is so unrealystic. I just don't understand how people expect something like this or belive in such a miracle.

Agreed, as mistaken PD were in saying that a track will come out every month, the GT community were naive in thinking that a new track every month would even be possible.

Last edited:
The only way for this to work, they would have already had a number of tracks completed & a number of
tracks in different stages completion, that way they would have had a good head start at the beginning. I could see getting the first few tracks on schedule, then some delays between the remaining tracks, kinda have that with the Vision cars already.

At the time of GT5, there was some speculation that not all the tracks where released in time for the
game, though never confirmed, those tracks that where still in the works would be released at a later time.

I assumed that some of these tracks where the tracks being refereed to, going to be for DLC.

7 months into release is a little concerning, excluding the two tracks included with the Senna content,
I would have expected the first few by now.

It would seem if a statement is made “at least one additional track per month will be downloadable.” which is a bold statement, that they would have already had some completed and ready to go by now.

Here is one news feed, there is a earlier one I can't find.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-tracks-dlc-monthly/

Monthly track DLC may have been too ambitious but to date we've had 0 tracks in 6 months. They were MILES off base with that idea.

There has been SOMETHING every month. I disagree with the original statement on that level alone. However, @BOSS_335 asks the better question here.

There has not Been a Single DLC ( Free or Paid )released for GT6 as of Yet..
Sure there have been Updates and some added Missing features.
VGT cars I don't count as DLC..

DLC.. you Go to the Playstation Store, add it to your Cart, and you Purchase it for the Set Fee.
That Fee can be $0.00 for Free DLC content..

So Far we have Not a Single DLC for GT6

At Least 1 track a Month
Code:
http://youtu.be/yJOHK9aArAI?t=3m53s

A new Car Every month by DLC
Code:
http://youtu.be/yJOHK9aArAI?t=33s

Last edited:
I wonder if maybe the "DLC track every month" thing is an average. It's been six months, we have two new track layouts and we got them at the same time. Maybe, and I'm really just grasping at straws here, there will be a track pack to come out which will have 4 or 5 more, etc.

That's a different context though, I'm talking about adding something to the game as 'new'.

Last I checked "adding something new" meant that it wasn't there before. Neither of the Senna content track layouts were there before ergo they are new.

For the record, I think it's a pretty weak deal if that what I'm suggesting is the case.

They're not new tracks though. They're tracks we already have with slightly different layouts. The DLC "promise" was new tracks, not new layouts for existing tracks.

We'll hoping the two tracks from the Senna content don't count against the DLC that where waiting for. We known since last year that PD has been working on something for Senna content, I'm personally keeping those as separate.

I think really what it comes down to is we want answers as to why we were promised something, paid for it and then didn't get it...I hope we get those answers

I guess it all comes down to your Perspective of what you Consider to be DLC and what you Consider to be an Update.

To Me, DLC is Specifically an Add on Item you Get through the Sony Store.
If it's a Free add on that costs $0.00, or a Paid Add on...
You Still get DLC through the Store.

That to Me, That is the Definition of DLC content.

What we've been getting from PD, are Updates.
And that to me is Not DLC..

Go back to GT5.. the Cars and Tracks were all DLC through the Store. Even the Free Ones..
You Still had to go to the Store, Put it in your Cart, Check out, Download it, then Install it..
Then in GT5, you had to use the DLC menu option to Install the new DLC content.

DLC is controlled by the Gamers Choice.
Updates are pushed to everyone.. There is a Difference.

I won't argue that point. I just feel that we have been given new content (as small as it may have been at times), so....

Yeah, it's not a choosable addition..... ;)

BTW, it was a bi-monthly DLC announcement, not EVERY month. (I know they still failed to achieve it)

Nope it was EVERY MONTH
Watch and Learn:
Code:
At Least 1 track a Month
Code:
http://youtu.be/yJOHK9aArAI?t=3m53s
A new Car Every month by DLC
Code:
http://youtu.be/yJOHK9aArAI?t=33s
Last edited: Jun 9, 2014

This question has already been answered in the AMA. Kaz said that he never said DLC "per se" every month but "updates".

Finaly we can stop speculating about it..question answered:gtpflag:

[–]KazunoriAMA[S] 49 punti 8 hours ago

I think there might be a misunderstanding there. I think I said "almost" every month. I also didn't say "DLC" per se, but that there would be an update almost every month.

On average we're going through one to two updates per month. So I don't think I have broken any promises. I think somewhere along the lines someone may have contorted my words. When you talk about things like Vision Gran Turismo as an example, we have over 30 cars that are going to be involved in that project and that was to be included in a year's time. So when you look at it, my saying that there would be content released almost every month is not too far from the truth.

But the Vision Gran Turismo cars, each car is made with great care at each of the manufacturers, and we can't control when those cars can be completed. So I ask for your understanding.

Latest Posts

Back