Where are all the Iconic cars ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Japspecvr6
  • 228 comments
  • 22,108 views
My best guess is the Iconic cars are parked up in a garage.
 
Not even one car of the top 10 of the Top gear test track are in-game.. Just plain bad..

Sony would'nt shell out a lot of money for licenses for just a few cars, I'm sure. Better, in their eyes, to get their money's worth from other manufacturers with a larger range of cars to choose from.

Still, it would've been nice to take the Koenigsegggggggggggg around the Test Track. Or the Ariel Atom.
 
I just had a thought.I wonder if this car list includes the Prize cars that we win?

I did notice from some of the videos i've seen that the used cars/dealership that i have seen are on this list,but are the Prize cars included?

Maybe this isn't the whole list and only 85% of it.I know it's just wishful thinking,but hey one can only wish right?
 
52 Skyline
22+ MX-5
18+ S2K
16+ NSX
14+ Civic

Where are the D2C Mustangs? Where is the 305hp 3.7L V6 or the 5.4L Shelby Cobra? Why don't we have the 402hp 32V 5.0L Mustang GT that rivals the E92 M3 at shadow of the price? Jeez all these R32 Skylines make me nostalgic for a fox body.. Then again with the current mystery that is modifications in GT5.. maybe not.

I'm sorry but I'm just overly sensitive to the continued lack of domestic support by the GT series.. I thought with all the cars they were going on about maybe it'd be different this time. We get NASCAR for the obvious marketing advantages but IMO what we really need is ALMS and/or ROLEX..


GT still hasn't secured the right to Porsche, one of the greatest racing pedigrees.. WOW.

FXX, 288 GTO, MC12 , M6, Vantage, XKR, Zonda, Koenigsegg, Apollo, Caparo, CTS-V, G8.. damn.
AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEN!

what they failed to realize is once the nascar fans go out of the nascar-cars in gt5, they will have a choice of a couple fords and chevy's here and there, and bam 50 skylines, 30 evos, 20 wrx.

its pretty sad really, i dont care how much of a fan of muscle kaz is, its just pathetic how they dont even have an '03 cobra or any modern gt500. these 2 cars alone are the best bang for buck when buying new cars and modifying them.
 
No Audi R15 Plus, though still new, won the 2010 Le Mans with a 1,2,3 finish beating a car that is in- Peugeot 908,
In fact theres very little to attract Audi fans in general but then again the European market isn't quite so well tailored for anyway.
Very few LMPs in general,
Where is the Aston Martin LMP1,
The Lola Judds(ala Drayson Racing),
Again the German company that starts with P raises its racing pedigree head because of its absence,
No Saleen S7R,
No BMW M3 GTR( the ART CAR was begging to be made),
Unfortunetly it goes on and on.......
 
I have to say, i would have shed manly tears if the F40 did not make it, As standards of iconic cars go, That IS THE iconic super car.
 
Ok, let me just say that I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I'll still enjoy the game, but it does get old when after 5 full iterations they still only have 4 or 5 really good American cars in the game.

Just look at Pontiac, one of the longest-running American car manufacturers and one ripe with iconic cars from the past. Yet we get not a single premium model, and only 5 cars total, 2 of which suck massively, and one of which is a Toyota Matrix clone. Just a few iconic Pontiacs:

'63 Catalina 421 SD
'66 Tri-Power 389 GTO
'67 Firebird
'70 GTO Judge
'70 1/2 Firebird
'73 Trans Am 455 SD
'76-78 T/As with the "screaming chicken" on the hood, Smokey and the Bandit style
'80s Turbo T/A
'98-02 Trans Ams
'05-06 GTO (I know the '04 is in the game, but it's standard and lower performing)
'08-'11 G8 GT
'09-'11 G8 GXP
Myriad Grand Prix GTP/GXPs

That's just the most famous ones off the top of my head, and how many are included? None. We get a '64 GTO (iconic, but standard), an '04 GTO (standard), and a Solstice, and not even the GXP model. Pathetic.
 
AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEN!

what they failed to realize is once the nascar fans go out of the nascar-cars in gt5, they will have a choice of a couple fords and chevy's here and there, and bam 50 skylines, 30 evos, 20 wrx.

its pretty sad really, i dont care how much of a fan of muscle kaz is, its just pathetic how they dont even have an '03 cobra or any modern gt500. these 2 cars alone are the best bang for buck when buying new cars and modifying them.

Live with it, its not like the skyline fan's have got what they wanted! 30 years of skyline history is a standard model.:grumpy:

I mean atleast you got a 60's Premium camaro and vet, we got a damn GT4 ports for our classic's! Not one oldscool JDM car is Premium.
 
Why have the 03 Cobra when you've got the new better Mustangs in the game? This is coming from a huge Mustang fan. Bottom line even if they had put 5000 cars in the game still not everyone would be happy.

While literally 'everyone' won't ever be happy, even with 1000 cars they could have done a better job than this. Seriously would anyone be crying if they took out like 30 or 40% of the Skylines, Evos, and S2000's?

What I'm now hoping for is that what cars and tracks are in the game along with the new physics engine completely blows everyone away. I think it's a long shot to even hope for some new and unique game modes. The Top Gear thing will be cool but from what I can see there isn't much else.
 
Live with it, its not like the skyline fan's have got what they wanted! 30 years of skyline history is a standard model.:grumpy:

I mean atleast you got a 60's Premium camaro and vet, we got a damn GT4 ports for our classic's! Not one oldscool JDM car is Premium.

Camaro fans also get the slower 2000 SS, and Lt1 Z/28. 01 and 02 4th gens were the fastest Camaros at that point, out of the box their still faster than new 5th gen. We also don't get a 1LE or ZL1 of any year.
 
Just left this site and the Austin Martin one-77 popped into my head.
Just checked the list and it's as I feared.

No DB5 either.

Lotus 211 not iconic I know but fun. Nada.
 
Ok, let me just say that I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I'll still enjoy the game, but it does get old when after 5 full iterations they still only have 4 or 5 really good American cars in the game.

Just look at Pontiac, one of the longest-running American car manufacturers and one ripe with iconic cars from the past. Yet we get not a single premium model, and only 5 cars total, 2 of which suck massively, and one of which is a Toyota Matrix clone. Just a few iconic Pontiacs:

'63 Catalina 421 SD
'66 Tri-Power 389 GTO
'67 Firebird
'70 GTO Judge
'70 1/2 Firebird
'73 Trans Am 455 SD
'76-78 T/As with the "screaming chicken" on the hood, Smokey and the Bandit style
'80s Turbo T/A
'98-02 Trans Ams
'05-06 GTO (I know the '04 is in the game, but it's standard and lower performing)
'08-'11 G8 GT
'09-'11 G8 GXP
Myriad Grand Prix GTP/GXPs

That's just the most famous ones off the top of my head, and how many are included? None. We get a '64 GTO (iconic, but standard), an '04 GTO (standard), and a Solstice, and not even the GXP model. Pathetic.

G8 GTs were made 2008-2009
G8 GXPs were made in 2009

I don't know about iconic but Pontiac's grand finale in building the most powerful Pontiac ever was overlooked.

I'm selfishly upset that my car isn't in the game. It deserves to be.
By the same token Holden should have been shown more love.
I had two shots of the G8/Commodore(2006-2009) being in the game but was let down on both counts.
 
Too many duplicates and almost no... "new" cars.
 

That car was not modeled by PD but an external company. If PD were business savy and outsourced their modeling to top notch companies like the one in your example, none of this disappointment would have taken place. That car looks better than the one in GT5 and it uses the same amount of polys.
 
That car was not modeled by PD but an external company. If PD were business savy and outsourced their modeling to top notch companies like the one in your example, none of this disappointment would have taken place. That car looks better than the one in GT5 and it uses the same amount of polys.

Mainly because the lighting is much, much more advanced.
 

This video goes back to what i said earlier.I don't think this car list is the whole list, i believe 15% of the cars will be from Winning races and this list doesn't include this 15%.

This is just my opinion by the way and i hope i'm correct.

Edit...I just realized this was done by another company,so maybe my opinion is wrong
 
The most important thing to me is still the driving experience.

The Enzo, Gallardo, Murcielago, Veyron, F40, LFA, SLS, R8, GTR, M5, MP412, ZR1, Scuderia, 458, 370Z, M3s, Type Rs, XFR, Countach, C63, Challenger, Camaro, RUf, etc etc

To me any of these cars is better than any cars in Forza, cause I think Forza is an arcade-ish game. I really do want a lot more cars, and I think PD will add quite a few more in the future. I'm even willing to pay. Still I have quite a list to test out. I am angry a lot of newer cars were not in this installment, but I'm really glad I will get a chance to try this.
 
My take on the official list: plenty of room for great cars from the 80's an 90's but that is fine. They could not build this beautiful game and update the rooster in one take. Good thing is, they started with the hard part, adding the iconic cars from the US and Europe is the easy (and lucrative) part. I'd easilly pay $100 each for those packs.

Let's motor!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone think some maybe offered in the comings months via DLC??.

Im kinda thinking that quite a few premium cars will be made available after the game is released.

AA

Or they can release GT6 next year with all the missing cars and tracks plus more. :sly: But seriously they might be surprise locked cars and tracks involved in GT5.

1926%20Bugatti%20Type%2039--35B-blue-sVl=mx=.jpg


I was hoping to see this too.
 
Last edited:
I am a little bit disappointed with the official list.

My number one concern is the outdated car list GT5 has. It is astronomically outdated compared to other racing games out there such as Forza 3. They've included way too many variants of various models that are unnecessary.

Seriously, there are only a few 2008-2010 models. That's not good.

And there are missing current generation iconic cars (i.e. Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2010 Mustang, etc.

There are also missing manufacturers that many would've lavished to see and play.

Although this game is going to be astonishingly brilliant in so many ways, it's just too outdated. Although all the additions to GT5 are superb.

Hopefully they consider having DLCs in the future.

👎
 
I am a little bit disappointed with the official list.

My number one concern is the outdated car list GT5 has. It is astronomically outdated compared to other racing games out there such as Forza 3. They've included way too many variants of various models that are unnecessary.

Seriously, there are only a few 2008-2010 models. That's not good.

And there are missing current generation iconic cars (i.e. Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2010 Mustang, etc.

There are also missing manufacturers that many would've lavished to see and play.

Although this game is going to be astonishingly brilliant in so many ways, it's just too outdated. Although all the additions to GT5 are superb.

Hopefully they consider having DLCs in the future.

👎


Yea, I feel that this is a huge omission. It perhaps fair to say they owe us these vehicles we expect from GT. I'd like to see a 'Please forgive us DLC pack" but this game is still a big accomplishment.
 
trueno is standard???? i really don't believe, it's one of the most modded car in japan and they didn't do it premium?

for me is epic fail this ideal of managing cars..
 
No M3 E30 (even though my suggestion got 460 votes on http://ideas.gtplanet.net/forums/5937-most-wanted-cars/suggestions/82615-1989-bmw-m3-e30?ref=title), no 318is E30, no M3 E36, no Escort MKI (even though the Ford was in the "we love cars" campaign). Kaz must've never droven one of those, I'm sure, otherwise they would be in.

But rejoyce! We have over 40 Skylines. :crazy:

Well, whatever. Have to start my career mode with a Hachi, then.

This is because basicly same model is used for all 40, so its very quick and easy to make these models. To introduce a new model takes time. Please, people stop saying things like this, it makes no sense.
 
This is because basicly same model is used for all 40, so its very quick and easy to make these models. To introduce a new model takes time. Please, people stop saying things like this, it makes no sense.

Actually what makes no sense is that we're only getting 200-300 cars. the other 800 or so are recycled from GT4.

I love GT and I love PD, but what on earth did they spend 6 years doing?
 
CLK DTM ! And, BMW E36 M3. iconic.

You forgot:
E30 M3 (most iconic BMW ever)
E30 M3 Evolution
E30 M3 Evolution II
E30 M3 Sport Evolution

E30 325i
E30 320is (hidden Itallian M3)
E30 320i
E30 318is (baby M3)
E30 318i

All these are more sexy then any BMW on the list...
Actually, almost all BMW's on the list are from GT2, except for the GT5P's...

edit: oops Apex, just saw yrs, yeah pretty much exactly that! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkYx3mHSR5Y imagine...
 
Last edited:
Back