Where are all the Iconic cars ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Japspecvr6
  • 228 comments
  • 22,108 views
Ok, let me just say that I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. I'll still enjoy the game, but it does get old when after 5 full iterations they still only have 4 or 5 really good American cars in the game.

Just look at Pontiac, one of the longest-running American car manufacturers and one ripe with iconic cars from the past. Yet we get not a single premium model, and only 5 cars total, 2 of which suck massively, and one of which is a Toyota Matrix clone. Just a few iconic Pontiacs:

'63 Catalina 421 SD
'66 Tri-Power 389 GTO
'67 Firebird
'70 GTO Judge
'70 1/2 Firebird
'73 Trans Am 455 SD
'76-78 T/As with the "screaming chicken" on the hood, Smokey and the Bandit style
'80s Turbo T/A
'98-02 Trans Ams
'05-06 GTO (I know the '04 is in the game, but it's standard and lower performing)
'08-'11 G8 GT
'09-'11 G8 GXP
Myriad Grand Prix GTP/GXPs

That's just the most famous ones off the top of my head, and how many are included? None. We get a '64 GTO (iconic, but standard), an '04 GTO (standard), and a Solstice, and not even the GXP model. Pathetic.

Sorry for quoting this whole post again JT but just wanted to give you massive 👍 👍 👍 👍 I know American cars are kinda looked down on and Pontiac wasn't known as the pinnacle of quality but those models you listed ARE sooo iconic. I'd give anything to see a '78 or 2002 Trans Am in GT.. :drool: I love Firebirds & Trans Ams sooo much! it's a shame Pontiac is almost totally ignored in the game.. :(
 
I think that would be marvelous, but in a more sensible perspective, the M3 E30 is probably the only one that is missing in order to make the rooster a bit more balanced. When it comes to BMW E30's, that is :D
 
True, but driving a E30 318is myself, the hope was there 'till today...:crazy:
 
I would of liked to have seen the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, SL65 AMG Black, e30 M3 CSL, and the Aston Martin DBR(S)9 but whatever. Also as an S2000 fan I think it would of been sufficient to only have one of each chassis revision. Also make the Group B/C cars premium :)
 
Thats simply not true.....simply!

The best thing about Forza is its car list balance. Forza doesn't over due any one car, but rather it will give you all the notable variants of car. Do we really need 50 skylines, even if they are all different? Forza has a lot of cars people want, and a lot of rare cars like Gumpert, Mosler, Noble, etc etc.
 
Actually what makes no sense is that we're only getting 200-300 cars. the other 800 or so are recycled from GT4.

I love GT and I love PD, but what on earth did they spend 6 years doing?

Ohh, lets see, dynamic weather, time change, track creator, shall I go on ?
 
No E30 M3,Mercedes cosworth(road car) and Escort MKI.:(
 
see you guys gotta understand sumum. PD Is about realism, how real it feels and how real it looks and performs, So when they give you 1031 cars exactly to how they feel in real life you cant complain. If you wanna drive a porshce play forza, but like we all know driving the same car in forza and gt feels totally diffrent. You may get a lil more iconic cars in forza but they dont look all that good either. You have a vast variety too in GT even if its the same car but different trim level..theres a reason. You know the difference between a R34(GT-R) and a N1 R34(GT-R), believe it or not its not the same car different engines and everything, Just chill its coming out.
 
- Maserati MC12

- BMW E30 M3

- BMW E39 M5

- Merc CLS63 AMG

- Merc SL65 AMG Black

- Ferrari F50

- Cadillac CTS-V
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable.
 

That car was not modeled by PD but an external company. If PD were business savy and outsourced their modeling to top notch companies like the one in your example, none of this disappointment would have taken place. That car looks better than the one in GT5 and it uses the same amount of polys.

And i pre-ordered GT5 only for this car :dunce: I tink i will cancel it now....
 
The Zonda F is a big omission. No V8 Vantage, no DBS, no SLK55, no Ruf RT 12, in fact no new Rufs at all.

And the two cars in my username are missing too. Though I'm not surprised.
 
Last edited:
The Zonda F makes no sense to me, couldn't they just modify the Zonda R model and change the specs?

It definitely seems like there is a massive omission of cars post 2004 pre 2007. Like, oh well, we had no games then so we'll just forget about those cars.

80's and 90's Icons, I agree, there are many important ones there, but many are missing. Especially 80's and 90's Beamers...
 
I don't know, I haven't counted how many cars that are on people's wish list that haven't made the game, but I'm thinking it'll take at least another 500 cars to make everyone happy. But given the amount of man hours it takes to design a single car (another reason why its so easy to duplicate cars to drive up car counts), I'm not sure if any company has the resources to do that given the time constraints that they have. Sony execs are probably breathing down their necks to get the game out ASAP as it is, but we don't know for sure until we actually have the game in our hands and see how DLC works out.

Overall, I'm simply happy just to have a full GT game finally making it to the PS3. I'm not dissapointed at all, its just something that should be expected of the GT series for a while now and will happen again for GT6. Just think about the point of view the Japanese have.
 
Ohh, lets see, dynamic weather, time change, track creator, shall I go on ?

Do you realize all of that was implemented after the march delay? When they realized GT5 was complete **** and needed to add more to it?
 
Do you realize all of that was implemented after the march delay? When they realized GT5 was complete **** and needed to add more to it?

You realize you're full of ****.


But polyphony desperately need to update their catalogue because its a bit of a joke. Get rid of half the ****ing Skylines and MX5's first and foremost. Nobody is ever going to drive each and every single one of them.


As people said, where are the Vanatages or DBS? CCX? How about 2 new cars from Holden and Ford 'Australia'? They need to employ some more graphic artists because the lack of new cars is worrying.
 
the e30 is missing ,the e36 .the merc clk dtm. the mercedes c43 ????why did they not put en the c43 ? but they did put the c63 in, I think they do not show respect to mercs lovers .

Ive been playing GT1 since I was 11, the Merc C43 Amg from GT2 is a very special car to me. My first ever endurance race, I used that beaut. They never show love and respect to german cars, just another brick in the wall to them. What about the 2004 C32/C55 AMG, I suppose they just wanted the current shape. Also, I didnt see a premium E Class? Is it that same lawnmower sounding E55 AMG from GT4? Man..thought I'd get a CLK-DTM. The wide body kits are always sexy on a DTM
 
Koeinseg CCX missing.... Why!! Why!! :banghead: Lord have merci !!!!
 
All cars are iconic in the eyes of its admirer. Just sayin'.
 
All cars are iconic in the eyes of its admirer. Just sayin'.

EVEN... the Veyron. Put aside how it looks.. It deserves to be a premium. I dont know what they were thinking if they ported a GTPSP model into GT5! Has the world gone mad!?
 
Aw, man. I was hoping my favorite Jaguar, the XJR-15, was going to make a comeback. Oh well.
 
Well, there are 11 NASCAR stock cars in GT5. Too bad that none of them are Dodges.:guilty: Gotta collect them all!
 
I am very sad with the official car list :guilty:
We have 22 Madzas MX-5 variations but ONLY 12 FERRARIS, where is the F50,F50 GT,FXX,599 GTO,F355,360 Modena...
I have to said I prefer much more the Forza3 500 cars than the GT5 +1000 cars :(
 
I am a massive Skyline fan but even I think they've put too many of them in the game. I would happily trade half of them for a greater variety of other marques.

Also, I was hoping to have more Group A R32's than just the Calsonic in there - the Unisia Jecs and STP Taisan R32 Group A's are held in Nissan's Heritage collection and come out at the Nismo Festivals so measuring them up and doing the liveries wouldn't be so difficult owing to the fact that the Calsonic model is already there.

I was really hoping there'd be an E30 M3 and a Sierra RS500. The ommission of these two is probably my one genuine disappointment for the GT5 car list. The road cars would be superb, but then the race versions of these cars would be even better - put the Sierra (different liveries - Texaco, Shell etc), M3 (different liveries - Schnitzer cars anyone?) and GT-R (Calsonic, Unisia Jecs, STP Taisan and works Australian '91 livery) in a Group A touring car championship. That would have been outstanding.

For those complaining about all the iconic American cars missing from the game, Australia now only gets three cars from my count -

Holden Commodore SS '04
Holden Monaro V8 '04
Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 '00

These three were in GT4 while the Falcon was way back in GT3. All these cars are Standard rather than Premium. The FPV cars from GT4 seem to be gone (unless someone can find them on the list for me) so Australia has gone from five cars to three for GT5.

Notwithstanding all that, I completely understand and accept that PD cannot please everyone. However I had really hoped that we may have seen the E30 M3 and Sierra RS500 in road and race trim, because these are iconic cars. I know that so many psts on these boards have turned into a whinge-fest (and I'm guilty of it too here) but I suppose that after GT4, the bar had been set so high for the number of cars available, then the constant slippages in release dates for GT5 meant that everyone's expectations were bursting to the point of being unrealistic. However 5 years is a long time to have the game in development.

I wouldn't be surprised though that once I fire the game up, get to grips with the new handling physics and see rain on the Nordschleife at night for the first time, any gripes I had about the cars not included will be well and trully gone.
 
I was really hoping they'd include a Ford Escort Cosworth and Sierra Cosworth, also would have loved a Renault Clio Williams & VW Corrado!

Not that I'm complaining, there's more than enough beauty's in there :)

Future DLC FTW!
 
With the popularity of Japanese cars I'm surprised we don't see any Datsuns. Those are about as iconic as it gets in Japan.
 
With the popularity of Japanese cars I'm surprised we don't see any Datsuns. Those are about as iconic as it gets in Japan.

Datsun never existed in Japan, they were just named nissan there.
 
Back