Where Are You All Going To Be Racing Most On This Update?

• Thread starter Zetec-ss
  • 34 comments

Where are you all going to race on this update?

• 500 PP London

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 500 PP Suzuka

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 600 PP Fuji F

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 600 PP Suzuka

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • 750 PP HSR Reverse

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 750 PP Suzuka

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • F2007 London

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • F2007 Daytona Speedway

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
600PP Suzuka. The only time thats going to change is when they release new tracks, specifially new real circuits or original circuits.

F2007 London...That's a challenge..other than that..none really..

i'm mostly going to be at suzuka but will step across to HSR Reverse as that is a brilliant track to race, its a proper strategic game rather then skill because of the finish line being close to the end of the straight where your hitting something like 180mph? imagine the draft off all that...i recommend you all to try it atleast once.

I'll be at:

600 PP Fuji F
600 PP Suzuka
750 PP Suzuka

Wish List:

600pp Daytona Road
750pp Daytona Road
750pp Fuji

Still 600PP Suzuka, though I will dabble in the two 500PP events. I need serious practice at London, barely ever race there.

Wish they'd brought back the old tyre regs in the update...

Already done some races on London 500pp. Didn't find any GTPers but some decent drivers nontheless:tup: Although passing oppotunities are scarce, the slower speeds enable safer passing:)

My love for High Speed Ring: Reverse will take over, I will race there often, however its too easy to cheat on the track..So I will have to switch it up to Suzy PP600 so I don't loose my mind.

500pp London mostly
I will give 750pp HSR reverse a go, as long as it is not dominated by wall riders.
F2007 Daytona when I want a change from anything remotely resembling a realistic driving experience. Seriously, this event should be in GRID.

i gave F2007 Daytona a go, punt fest, i'm wondering also when they bring in damage, do you reckon there wll be some control over what damage you get if your on the receiving end of punters/bashers

You know if they had 750pp Fuji I wonder if it would still be a GTR festival or if the other cars could keep up this time.

Fuji and Daytona Road belong in 600pp and 750pp, those tracks should never leave.

It's sad the track roster is ultra thin to begin with, but now online PD wants to slice a slice of bread in half...how sad

what was the old races you loved then?

Suzuka 600 PP mostly, mainly I think they were somewhat more enjoyable because I could drive the harder to drive cars without it being quite so easy to get knocked off track by punters.

Luke

What I can't understand is how they come up with these track changes? These changes don't reflect what people are saying. IF PD really listens to its customers then they would have the online schedule better.

I am tired of the PD dictatorship, I want the freedom to choose how I want a track to be. At least some kind of POLL to demand the tracks.

It would be nice to have one option to set up a specific online race where you would be able to customize the number of laps, the track, car restrictions, PP restrictions, and maybe even have a password on it. Which is basically a private room. ; )

What I can't understand is how they come up with these track changes?.

I think they are playing with different combinations of things for their own experimentation, and not related to track popularity.

For instance two things I have already noticed:
An F2007 can hit a wall quite hard at Daytona and NOT pick up the penalty that would result if it was a 750pp race.
Cars will ghost going around London 500pp when the speed difference is quite small, again compared to a 750pp race.

If they are tweaking things like impact speed penalties or speed differences to make cars ghost, and it all results in a better game in GT5, then I guess we can put up with some 'interesting' online choices in the meantime.

I'll be on 750 Suzuka til they prise that GTlm from my cold dead hands.

Maybe the odd session in the amuse and probably a few trips to 600pp just to see how the other half lives

I have been driving 500pp London quite a bit, but I almost never win. Most of the drivers are in the boxy Mitsubishi thing, and I'm simply unwilling / completely uninterested in, driving that. It simply destroys anything I've tried on every straight. Also, most of the driver just drive over the curbing, something which would have caused major problems in GT4 but which seems way too forgiving in GT5p. So I've been happily out there losing (usually in my Lotus).

I've also been really enjoying Eiger, which I always wanted to race online. Yeah, it is slow cars and standard physics, but get even 4 racers out there and it is a blast. It has also turned into a "1 car" race, in this case the Mini, which the other cars just can't seem to touch.

750pp HSR reverse is where I can frequently bring in the gold, or at least a trophy, so I try to make it there for at least a couple races each evening.

Hi panjandrum, I wouldn't give up on your Lotus around London. Its my favorite car there and has given me some good wins. My best time in Free Run is a 1.03.1 which is definately competitive. I have been beaten by the odd EVO, but not by many. :)

Hi panjandrum, I wouldn't give up on your Lotus around London. Its my favorite car there and has given me some good wins. My best time in Free Run is a 1.03.1 which is definately competitive. I have been beaten by the odd EVO, but not by many. :)

This man is correct, I couldn't catch him in that Elise, I was using a Z4. Although, I've not had a lot of practice at London and my best time is a 1.05.xxx.

This man is correct, I couldn't catch him in that Elise, I was using a Z4. Although, I've not had a lot of practice at London and my best time is a 1.05.xxx.

Ok guys, thanks for the pep-talk! :) I'll keep practicing in the Lotus and possibly play about with the gearing a bit. I'm usually in the 1.05s with it, and I don't know where I could squeeze out two more seconds though! I can run faster times if I just drive over all the curbs, but I really don't feel good about that. I'm running the Elise IIIr. Are turning in 1.03s in the IIIr or the standard Elise?

I'm running the Elise IIIr. Are turning in 1.03s in the IIIr or the standard Elise?

I'm running the 111r too, and definately using the curbs. I've got the suspension set up quite soft to cope with that. You're on the right track looking at the gearing. I think that's vital to get the best out of any car around London.

Good racing by the way Ardius, always good to catch up with you :)

Back