Where do you think Horizon 3 will take place?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 41 comments

Where will Horizon 3 take place?

• Japan

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • China

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Asia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • India

• Russia

• Europe (again)

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • USA (again)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Canada

• Mexico

• Central America

• Brazil

• Other South America

• Africa

• Total voters

Populuxe

シアトル買い出し紀行
Premium
United States
Seattle-ish
I'm not aware of a thread like this already, so let's have some fun. Where do you think Horizon 3 will take place?

I'm voting for Japan. A map with Tokyo on the east and Mounts Notori, Shiomi and Daimugen on the west would make for a beautiful mix of urban, rural and mountain roads. And Mount Fuji would be there right in the middle of the map, always in view, no matter where you were.

I think northern Italy would be a good location. Winding roads, fast Autostradas, quaint little villages and cities like Venice, Milan and Turin.

I'm guessing it's going to be Australia. 👍 That's where I think it will be located. With the Holden's we've been getting, I just think that's where it will be. Wherever it is, hopefully there's not so many trees this time.

Last edited:
I think northern Italy would be a good location. Winding roads, fast Autostradas, quaint little villages and cities like Venice, Milan and Turin.
Seeing as the current Horizon takes place in southern France and northern Italy, it seems unlikely that would go there again.

Japan all the way!! No seriously I REALLY hope the next game is located there. I mean the first game was in Colorado, USA and the other was in Europe, notice the pattern? The fact that the Nissan Silvia S14 is still missing (even though it's not really related to it but I'm still gonna use it as a example), it would be a perfect time to bring it back in a game that'll hopefully be located in its home country. :D

*Fingers crossed*

I would personally like to see it in Australia, I think they can pull that off. Where do I think it will be? No idea, not really enough info to go on.

I think it will be in Australia, I hope there is a big long road through the outback, so you can do top speed in an Ultima! :lol:

Well there's a stretch of 200km that is unrestricted up in the Nothern Territory, so you might want to give it a go there.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/nt-speed-limits-permanently-derestricted-20150903-gje7jc.html

👍

Edit: Dummy me, I read "I will be in Australia..." I thought you were physically going to be there. Disregard my post. :embarrassed:

Edit #2: Maybe it will be in Sri Lanka, it's such a tiny country that they could probably model the whole of it in 1:1 scale.

Where it will take place and where I want it to take place are most likely entirely different. I want Japan (Wangan Highway, drifting and touge racing on twisty mountain roads) but will probably end up being Australia (meh, I'm bored to tears already) if rumors are true.

Yeah, if they go for Australia, it will need the sort of big jumps seen in Colin McRae Rally just to liven it up a bit. With their love of wide roads, Australia seems perfect. I don't want endless wide roads, dang it.

My first choice is Japan, but there are some other likely candidates:

Australia - The odds are up there with Japan, but I'm concerned the roads will lack variety.

Brazil - Rio is a stunning environment in FM6, although people are likely to complain about laziness for using an existing environment (although rural areas could be added too)

South Korea - Seoul would suit the Horizon vibe. If Tokyo is too cliché, this would be worth considering too.

Dubai... Maybe?

It's a long shot, but how about places like Wales or Scotland? We've got some fantastic roads here in the UK.

The game's made in Britain, but I just don't think they'd go for it, because of the music festival vibe. If they changed it so the festival was a FoS then it would work much better and be a nice change.

@MXHyland @VXR -- Whether it's Australia or not, if the map is wide open plains then it won't be much motivation for me to take the plunge on Windows 10. "I'm bored to tears already" is right.

Long straights, wide roads, and high speeds serve the lowest common denominator of the Horizon fanbase, so I'm not very optimistic about that. Nevertheless, the series has been so great that I want to know what's next.

Where in Australia would PG find tighter, windy roads? Are there any outside Tasmania?

South America... maybe another part of Europe maybe Asia who knows just hope it'll be based in a cool area where theres alot of mountain windy roads etc

As much as I'd like to see it happen, I don't think it's likely that it'll be set in Japan. If it's heading to Australia, I'd say Tasmania would be most likely, but I think the next game is going to be in Europe, perhaps on a Mediterranean island like Ibiza or Corsica.

My first choice is Japan, but there are some other likely candidates:

Australia - The odds are up there with Japan, but I'm concerned the roads will lack variety.

Brazil - Rio is a stunning environment in FM6, although people are likely to complain about laziness for using an existing environment (although rural areas could be added too)

South Korea - Seoul would suit the Horizon vibe. If Tokyo is too cliché, this would be worth considering too.

Dubai... Maybe?

You took the words right of of my mouth. Japan would be a excellent choice for the location with Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Wangan highway for the urban areas and Mt. Fuji, some roads not far from Fujumi Kaido (I wished she was on FM5 & FM6 :() and just pure Japanese countryside. A great travel throughout Honshu Island would be a treat! :)

But Down Under would be another great choice as well. T10, PD, and SMS need to show some Aussie love, coming from a Aussie/New Zealand loving Yank :lol:.

I posted in one of the threads about speculating Bowden's Own collection maybe making it in the next DLC. I wonder if they'll be in FH3 before F7.

The Medway Towns in Kent UK.

But seriously though I think Australia.

The fact that we got quite a few Holdens in Car Packs in F6 could be the clue.

I would love to have a properly vast wide open landscape to tear around in something with miles of suspension and Forza physics. Desert racing anyone?

Better have Uluru in there somewhere

I would love to have a properly vast wide open landscape to tear around in something with miles of suspension and Forza physics. Desert racing anyone?

Better have Uluru in there somewhere

With the power of Calspan®!

Back