Where do you think Horizon 4 will take place?

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 89 comments

Where do you think Horizon 4 will take place?

• China

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 64 58.2%
  • India

• Russia

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Other Asia

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Australia/New Zealand/Tasmania (again)

• British Isles

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Europe (again)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Africa

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • United States (again)

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Canada

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Mexico

• Central America

• Brazil

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Other South America

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
So far we've had one Horizon festival in Northern America, one in South-Western Europe, and one in Oceania - this leaves Asia and Africa completely unexplored, with Central or Southern America and Northern or Eastern Europe as a possibility. And looking at the technical evolution of the series, we saw progressively larger and more open maps, more diverse ecologies, and, in the last chapter, the introduction of features such as wildlife and deep wading. You also have to consider the fact that placing the next Horizon festival in a politically or economically unstable country would be a no-go, and a country would need to have a car culture (no matter how niche) to be a believable host country to hordes of fans waiting for petrolheads to let their cars rip and barn finds scattered all over the place.

With that being said, South Africa could fit the bill. With a large city such as Cape Town serving the role filled in the past by Nice and now by Surfers Paradise and natural landmarks such as Mapungubwe Hill, and astonishing biodiversity, it wouldn't make the job of the map designers too hard. South African car nuts always had access to an interesting mix of European, British and American machinery, and the country was the first (and only) African country to host F1 and a FIM World Championship races.

I was watching some gameplay earlier and on the radio the DJ was talking about Horizons plans for world domination saying that Horizon has had North America (FH1) Europe (FH2) and now Australia (FH3) So that leaves South America, Africa, and Asia. Africa and South America have a ton of potential environmental variety, But I would also love to see a Horizon game set in Japan with Japanese K-cars getting featured as heavily as the FPVs and Holdens are in FH3.
I love the K-cars in GT, and would love to see them get some attention in Forza.

If it's in Japan, I believe a 1:1 replica of the Shuto expressway and Wangan of Tokyo, with generic Tokyo-esque cityscape with famous Tokyo landmarks like the imperial palace, Budokan, Akihabara, Tokyo tower, etc etc in the middle (and as the base of the Festival) in that area. Once you leave Tokyo, the expressway becomes generic until you come to a fictionalised version of Osaka with the Hanshin expressway and specifically Kanjo lines represented 1:1 with again fictionalised and condensed Osaka in the centre area. In the land between, there'd be mountainous terrain based on the mountains of the Gunma region (featuring touge based on Haruna/Akina, Akagi, Usui, Irohozaka, etc) along with fields and hills and perhaps even a fictionalised Mt Fuji and surrounding forest. And maybe little towns representing Nagoya and Kyoto, along with some villages of the Kanto region. A strong emphasis on Japanese cars of the 70s-90s in the car list.

Another idea is the Scottish Highlands, specifically Glen Coe and Loch Ness, the most iconic and scenic places in Scotland. And perhaps surrounding Glens and Lochs.

And a final idea is Iceland. Featuring lots of volcanic plains and tundra and snow and arctic lakes. with the festival based close to Reykjavík. Maybe even feature an active volcano.

next one will be on scorpio, right?

therefore I'll just say that fh4 will be on places that it simply coud not be before.

you know the more amazing day1 forza 7 scorpio is, the more amazing fh4 will directly be.

next one will be on scorpio, right?

therefore I'll just say that fh4 will be on places that it simply coud not be before.

There are not going to be any exclusives on Scorpio except for VR titles. Like the PS4Pro the Scorpio will basically be a 4k capable version of the current XBOne. All games (apart from VR) will work on both XBoxOne and Scorpio

On the moon.

Nah surface of the sun seems more reasonable, then the racing will be red hot!

Anywhere that comprises natural areas and lots of off roads.

So literally anywhere...interesting observation, and subtle way of saying the Arctic Circle. Watch for Santa's sleigh to make its way into FM6 first then FH4

Last edited:
I'd like to see another 1:1 scale map done (or as close as 1:1 as possible). From what I remember the only open world game to have done so is TDU and TDU2?

The island of Okinawa in Japan is about 1200km² which is similar to Oahu from Test Drive Unlimited.

I'd love to see Playground Games take the Horizon series to a new part of the world, so I think Japan would be a great choice (my home country of Taiwan would be nice too, considering it has some great mountain passes too).

But somehow, I think Playground Games might actually take the next game a little closer to (their) home, so probably somewhere in the UK, considering that it has some really nice driving roads + a vibrant music festival culture (which is central to the Horizon series) + it's where Playground is based.

I hope I'm wrong though, and that the 4th game takes place in Japan... would really love to drive/drift down Mount Haruna!

There are not going to be any exclusives on Scorpio except for VR titles. Like the PS4Pro the Scorpio will basically be a 4k capable version of the current XBOne. All games (apart from VR) will work on both XBoxOne and Scorpio
well now, I dont want to spoil your bubble, but if you really think that ms will have a 6tf machine out and games wil be specced to 1.4tf machine, ehmm I have a bridge to sell you :D

We have already seen how FORZA HORIZON 2 was developed for xbox one gen, yet they hired a competend studio to make the 360 version. Titanfall too. -and these were incompatible machines, unlike xbone+scorpio.

Add the single licence for both xbox one and scorpio, and add pc too with this ms play anywhere initiative, and you've got yourself a roadmap about the near future of games on xbox

tldr: next horizon will be a scorpio game, also downscaled to fit xbone. it wont be an xbone game uprezed to scorpio.

Last edited:
Nah surface of the sun seems more reasonable, then the racing will be red hot!
d5f08e0de0c343ac945c7aca8b26df6d.jpg

With that being said, South Africa could fit the bill. With a large city such as Cape Town serving the role filled in the past by Nice and now by Surfers Paradise and natural landmarks such as Mapungubwe Hill, and astonishing biodiversity, it wouldn't make the job of the map designers too hard. South African car nuts always had access to an interesting mix of European, British and American machinery, and the country was the first (and only) African country to host F1 and a FIM World Championship races.
South Africa would be pretty cool to see, Cape Town is small and very distinct looking, I can't imagine it would be hard to mimic in a game. The city itself doesn't have very good driving roads (the road up to Table Mountain is far too short and narrow really), but the coastal roads outside the city are perfect. They remind me of the Great Ocean Road in Australia (and Horizon 3) in fact.

I would love to see Oahu, Hawaii, but some other driving game did that already. :lol: My other votes would be British Columbia in Canada or Japan.

I think it'll most likely would be South Africa.

Other possibilities would be Canada and Brazil. Plus I'm getting bored of hearing about wanting Japan as the next location.

Im voting Canada on this one. As much as I would love Japan, I feel Canada would finally allow for a new terrain type, snow! They also have some awesome cities to build around, amazing views and landscapes as well.

My second would be China, would love that as well.

Back