Where have you been having your fun?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 544 comments
Yeah, but i tend to forget im a newb to PC2. Most of the cars which i don't adjust or race 250 laps in, i just suck really bad in.. :P Which kills the fun haha.

For now, im comfortable with GT3 and will expand my experience once that gets boring :D

Ok. I am playing this game since launch and having "love hate" relationship with it. I am really struggling to set this game right. I finally decided to ask about it. Does any one knows a site or set of setups for cars to make them driveable? I am not kind of tinkering in setups person... (mainly GT3, GT1, TCR and Group A cars) Also i always can't get right feel with my T300 FFB wheel. I always feel like I am super slow in this game even on AI placed on 60-70 i struggle to be consistent and drive well. In other games even on hardest difficulty settings i can keep up.

Renault Formula Car.

First time driving this in the special events time mode yesterday. Then did a few more laps this evening. Then a race at a different track.
Not a huge fan of formula cars. With stable default set-up the car drives pretty nice - very manageable.

PC2 keeps on giving. Kind of sad what reading and hearing about PC3. Going to try and avoid to much judgement. If the Sim capabilities are stripped - down then that will be a no from me. Besides still hope to move to computer so would have AM2.

Last edited:
P1 GTR at Brands Hatch in light rain conditions for the second half of the race. 23 opponents (same class), 5-7 rounds, rolling start.

Porsche 959 (in purple) at Nordschleife, all alone, summer, 5 oclock, light rain, 1 round!

i'm driving in cockpit view (light HUD showing speed and gear in a small screen bottom right corner), fov at 60, manual shifting, authentic car settings, with a DS4, 1,3 meter in front of my 55" UHD Samsung, sitting in an heavily used armchair.

I don't know if I would call it fun or not but lately I've been stuck in a Vintage Hockenheim mode. In the past I've mainly ran vintage prototypes there but I've been experimenting with other prototypes than my typical Ferrari 512M I usually run there. Porsche 917 (not LH) got obliterated, Porsche 935 also got killed there, BMW M1 Procar also surprisingly got hammered. Each one of those got killed by it's own kind. The Ferrari 512BB turned around and killed the BMW's. But the GT3 and GTE races have been very close regardless of which car I choose. There have been many, MANY restarts though because turn 2 and the back stretch chicane are HORRIBLE for the AI ramming you.

Yeah I love it. It's just the right amount of controllable loose if that make sense.
Absolutely!
Love how massive the car looks. And that sound...!! It’s a car from a special era I’d say. I have to remind you I have no clue about cars. Same as that old Porsche 959 I like to drive. Just a car. No super duper computers... but not to old. I hope you get me.

First 25 seconds alone are worth watching that video. :D
What level do you set the AI aggressiveness to?

@Jezza819 aaaahhh... glad you mention the M1 Pro Car. It’s been a long time I drove that monster. Will do tonight. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Thats not AI, but online lobby hahaha The only place where you will find mayhem in the first corner xD

Yeah I love it. It's just the right amount of controllable loose if that make sense.

Thats exactly how i feel about the Z4! If it slides, it's very easy to catch the slide, causing me to sometimes powerslide through a long corner haha. Feels awesome!

Thats not AI, but online lobby hahaha The only place where you will find mayhem in the first corner xD
:lol: sure. should have thought of that!

when i drive the AI, first corner always gets my heart pumping. and overall: when there is a race going on (especially online) i am so nervous and excited! in real life, you gotta have nerves made from steel, same with balls i guess! :nervous: :lol:
i really do appriciate what professional drivers are doing. i'm surely not made for the real thing.
:gtpflag:

haha i get that too xD

I went wide here on the first corner, as there were already 2 spinning out in front of me. Gladly i did, because inside of the corner there was alot going on aswell. Happily i had a good start in front of the pack due to good qualifying. Man, this was such a blast haha

Only when i checked the replay, i saw the blue benzo flying in the air haha, made me laugh out hard.

Did an online lobby last night with members of the league I'm in at Daytona Road. Love that circuit. Rolling start. Was 5th out of 13 at the beginning just trying to keep out of trouble at the first turn. A couple of taps from the rear so I kept a bit wide then bang. One of the Porsche GTE's driven by a non member just turned into me, put me on the grass and into the wall. Didn't even make the 2nd corner. Hour of qualifying wasted. I know it happens and I suppose it wouldn't have if we'd set the lobby to private. Live and learn I guess.
Try again later.
Still, Daytona Road is a great circuit. Throwing it into the bus stop at the end is a great feeling.

love the Daytona road course. That's where I do almost all of my custom multi-class endurance races. I do them offline against AI though. I like the fact that the AI can make mistakes but they just don't make enough.

Had quite a bit of seat time on Sunday. Doing my usual tracks offline. A few online races.
Did one online race at Laguna Seca. Have not really raced on that track much at all in project cars - since have ran dozens upon dozens of laps in Gran Turismo over the last 10 plus years. Just been saving - it guess you could say. With perhaps less than 25 laps on the track so far can say it will be in my top ten go to tracks. Have also been doing some of the online events - time trials and Logitech events.
Mostly pleased with both and could see myself doing them on monthly basis. Also been getting seat time in McLaren vehicles. In general things just keep getting better. More track time, little settings adjustments. Cars continue to get more manageable especially with regards to braking and slow corner navigations.

Met some new people which i had some very nice races with.

Had quite a bit of seat time on Sunday. Doing my usual tracks offline. A few online races.
Did one online race at Laguna Seca. Have not really raced on that track much at all in project cars - since have ran dozens upon dozens of laps in Gran Turismo over the last 10 plus years. Just been saving - it guess you could say. With perhaps less than 25 laps on the track so far can say it will be in my top ten go to tracks. Have also been doing some of the online events - time trials and Logitech events.
Mostly pleased with both and could see myself doing them on monthly basis. Also been getting seat time in McLaren vehicles. In general things just keep getting better. More track time, little settings adjustments. Cars continue to get more manageable especially with regards to braking and slow corner navigations.

I really love Laguna Seca too! Lately i'm driving more and more on Zolder! Awesome track too.

Ok so I finally gave this a try to see what all the fuss is all about:

My first try at Kart in PC2 on Greenwood Kart Track.
After 60 laps, the conclusion I have for you is:

I am loving it !!
It is the most fun I have had since getting the game...
It was awkward at first I am not going to lie, but just like Kart in real life, it doesn't drive like anything else...

PC2 really got Kart right and nailed it !
It's a bit loose even in the stable setup, but this is the closest to Karting IRL.

I love it ! So much fun..
At least with the G29.

So I don't understand what people say about KART being bad in PC2, I disagree.

So I don't understand what people say about KART being bad in PC2, I disagree.
I think it's the jump in first impressions - they can be tricky. But as you've found out if you stick with it they are quite good fun - which really covers the game as a whole!

Try one on a RX track. ;)

Ok. I am playing this game since launch and having "love hate" relationship with it. I am really struggling to set this game right. I finally decided to ask about it. Does any one knows a site or set of setups for cars to make them driveable? I am not kind of tinkering in setups person... (mainly GT3, GT1, TCR and Group A cars) Also i always can't get right feel with my T300 FFB wheel. I always feel like I am super slow in this game even on AI placed on 60-70 i struggle to be consistent and drive well. In other games even on hardest difficulty settings i can keep up.

Do you use loose setting which believe is default for majority of vehicles? I switched to stable a few months back and it has made a nice difference. There are several threads with the topic of coming from GTS or new to PC2 with lots of good tips.
I am similar have had the game for over 2 years, but really has only been the last 6 months that have really started to focus and learn PC2. I still struggle some days usually just from trying a wide variety of vehicles. I do have my favorite cars and tracks and when the session is going good, some very enjoyable racing.

Just spent most of the night racing the Caterham 7 around Monaco.

Scary as hell, but so much fun.
I've only just started using the Caterham and it is lovely to throw around. The Honda 2&4 (from the Japanese pack) is even worse for scary though, because you're sitting outside the main body!

taking a little break or going to try and do more of a mix of Asseto Corsa on PS4 regular along with PC2.

I do believe that AC has more natural physics, meaning less likely to just loose the front end or rear and maybe more controllable under braking. The sound is probably better in AC also.

More later.

Caterham 7 again, this time at Brands with 10 laps & a OPTIONAL mandatory pit stop against AI 120/100

Start last, gain a lot of positions on lap 1, lose a few on lap 2, take my OPTIONAL mandatory pit stop on lap 3, laps 4 & 5 going solo in last position, lap 6 AI starts pitting, lap 7,8 & 9 moving about grid positions as the pack starts closing up again with all the pit stops out of the way, a few banging wheels here & there, final lap becomes a tightly packed dash to the line, finished 12th.

Last edited:
Caterham 7 again, this time at Brands with 10 laps & a OPTIONAL mandatory pit stop against AI 120/100

Start last, gain a lot of positions on lap 1, lose a few on lap 2, take my OPTIONAL mandatory pit stop on lap 3, laps 4 & 5 going solo in last position, lap 6 AI starts pitting, lap 7,8 & 9 moving about grid positions as the pack starts closing up again with all the pit stops out of the way, a few banging wheels here & there, final lap becomes a tightly packed dash to the line, finished 12th.
:bowdown:

@Mr Grumpy

I got one for you a race a short race. :lol:

Daytona oval
5 Laps
Identical car class
Car P1 GTR
120/100
Start in last place and try to win the race
Grid of 32 cars

:lol:

You win that race with video proof and i'll hook you up with a year of
GTP premium membership
:D

:bowdown:

@Mr Grumpy

I got one for you a race a short race. :lol:

Daytona oval
5 Laps
Identical car class
Car P1 GTR
120/100
Start in last place and try to win the race
Grid of 32 cars

:lol:

You win that race with video proof and i'll hook you up with a year of
GTP premium membership
:D
I've got no chance :lol:

I only came 12th in the above race due to pit stops, otherwise they would've just drove off into the sunset.

I do actually play a lot at 120 but the other way around, start at the front & try to defend as many positions as possible, breaks it up a bit from being the hunter to the hunted.

I will give it bash though :)

@Mr Grumpy

Done :D

My advice is use DRS to your advantage.

Its really important that you use DRS to your advantage.

Setup
VCUwo6Z.png

Video of all 5 laps look at how i use DRS and blocking to my advantage. :D

Remember full damage must be on tire wear, fuel and damage all must be on.
And all race rules must be on.

@Mr Grumpy

Done :D

My advice is use DRS to your advantage.

Its really important that you use DRS to your advantage.

Setup

Video of all 5 laps look at how i use DRS and blocking to my advantage. :D

Remember full damage must be on tire wear, fuel and damage all must be on.
And all race rules must be on.

But they've been removed, oh wait this is PC2...

Latest Posts

Back