Which car and track combo are YOU looking forward to?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 156 comments
  • 8,065 views
Ferrari 458 w/ race exhaust on SSR7 at night in the rain... drool
 
Would you rather go on a date with a "10" or five "2s"?

It's the age old battle of quality vs. quantity.

But there are over 250 "quality" cars... it seems to me like some people are impossible to please.

This title will be bought my 10 million people, it's impossible to please everyone with just 1000 cars - standard or premium.

I mean, the car wishlists here have pretty much listed every vehicle that exists on this planet, it's impossible to please everyone, every single buyer will end up having some of his cars not included.

So I don't really understand the problem. Those who are looking for high-quality cars can stick to the premiums, there's more of them than in pretty much every other racing title sold.
 
So I don't really understand the problem. Those who are looking for high-quality cars can stick to the premiums, there's more of them than in pretty much every other racing title sold.

The problem is that the car list isn't nearly as impressive as it's number. Lots of newer cars are missing along with cult classics.

The problem is that while they added special effects, like weather, they took away some real world tracks and fun originals.

The problem is that in the PSP version every car could be piloted from the driver's seat, meanwhile you cannot in GT5. That's a HUGE problem. That's how you interact and see the game.

I'm not talking about the premium vs standard thing, I'm talking about the car list. Hundreds of Hondas, Nissans, etc...1 Maserati. ONE MASERATI! Instead of including dozens of S2000's and an '88 Honda Accord, they should have just had a company picnic and left those out. The numbers are padded.
 
The problem is that the car list isn't nearly as impressive as it's number. Lots of newer cars are missing along with cult classics.

The problem is that while they added special effects, like weather, they took away some real world tracks and fun originals.

The problem is that in the PSP version every car could be piloted from the driver's seat, meanwhile you cannot in GT5. That's a HUGE problem. That's how you interact and see the game.

I'm not talking about the premium vs standard thing, I'm talking about the car list. Hundreds of Hondas, Nissans, etc...1 Maserati. ONE MASERATI! Instead of including dozens of S2000's and an '88 Honda Accord, they should have just had a company picnic and left those out. The numbers are padded.

This whole "PD cut corners so then they padded the cars" accusations are completely wrong. Tons of great cars to choose from so stop complaining.
 
The Maserati on Cape Ring and the New Challenger on one of the dirt tracks seem like a lot of fun. :P
 
But there are over 250 "quality" cars... it seems to me like some people are impossible to please.

This title will be bought my 10 million people, it's impossible to please everyone with just 1000 cars - standard or premium.

I mean, the car wishlists here have pretty much listed every vehicle that exists on this planet, it's impossible to please everyone, every single buyer will end up having some of his cars not included.

So I don't really understand the problem. Those who are looking for high-quality cars can stick to the premiums, there's more of them than in pretty much every other racing title sold.

Your logic amuses me. I've owned GT4 and therefore I have already played 90% of GT5. You can't say OMG OMG 1000 cars stop complaining because there's only 200 new cars for GT5 - 70 odd were in prologue and 20 odd are duplicates.

6 years!
 
Pretty much anything on the Nurburgring...
If I had to pick one car, it would be the Ford GT. And yes, the car would probably be destroyed before I made halfway around the track :D
 
370z + Nurburgring
458 Italia + Trial Mountain.
 
Nissan 370Z + Nürburgring Nordschleife, thats the combo I did earlier this year. Can't wait.
 
Your logic amuses me. I've owned GT4 and therefore I have already played 90% of GT5. You can't say OMG OMG 1000 cars stop complaining because there's only 200 new cars for GT5 - 70 odd were in prologue and 20 odd are duplicates.

6 years!

Your logic amuses me.
 
Ferrari F40 and McLaren F1 on just about every track. Nur' and SSR7 especially though.
 
why does everyone want the nordschleife only? 24H and VLN are far cooler because we get the gp course, even though it is a little boring the longest track is extended. There is also something that attracts me to liking the gp course, but whatever...
 
Maserati Gran Turismo & Lamborghini Gallardo around Nurb and Monza
 
WRC car on Cape Ring Reverse.
Nascar on Trial Mtn, Autumn Ring.
LFA on any course.
Can't wait to try out the course maker.
 
Last edited:
BMW V12 LMR @ Le Mans (w/o chicanes)
 
Caterham Sevenblade(my next car)
cat7r3.jpg


To recreate this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwRgSZiKTk

This is listed as standard car. I wonder if it still has a cocpit view..
 
I'm looking forward to driving the:
Ferrari 458 Itallia - Cape Ring
McLaren MP4-12c - The ring
Fiat 500 - Grang Valley
Pagani Zonda R - Tokyo ssr7
 
Lamborghini Gallardo / Monza

Nascar 18 Kyle Busch / Daytona (if its Selctable via winning or Buying) failing that any of the Nascar COT Cars on Daytona , Full on Simulation and 500 Miles

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 Time / WeatherCircuit de la Sarthe 2009 No Chicane Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88 , 24 Hour Endurance

:crazy::drool:
 
Alfa Romeo 8C Nurburgring
Ford AU 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 Eiger
Chevrolet 2010 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 AMP Energy/National Guard CHEVROLET IMPALA Daytona Road
Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer Fuji
Lotus Evora TGTT
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (R32) TGTT
BMW 320i Touring Car Eiger
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce Nurburgring
 
Please stop the off topic chat about what is and isnt in the game. Any more and I close the thread.
 
It would have been El Capitan with toyota MR2 turbo to check out new physics model. From the current list i have to say chamonix with some old rally car.
 
Back