which is best STOCK car to drift with?

• Thread starter Uzi
  • 71 comments
Yeah, silvias are all good for drifting. They don't look bad either. :)

Yup, but the 270R has the advantage over "simple" Silvias of having a little more HP to send the back away in power drifting, although a bit of "tweaking" for HP increase is never a bad idea. ;)

Mine is the Silvia S15, slides very nice but when you watch the replays, it seems like the rear tires are rubbing the fenders :dunce:

4WD is a challenge, they do get some crazy angles though. The only 4WD I have drifted is the Tommy Kaira ZZII, good car. Very fast too. 👍

I know, that's why I like them. they also have quite evil snap-back tendency from time to time, unless we're talking about Audi's top notch models ( those nose-heavy pigs..). A3 is lovely stock drifter, nice lift-off oversteer.

then, there's also Stagea 260RS, my personal favourite. atleast it's different from all there Initial D cars for being a wagon.. but really, it's R33 GT-R in disguise. I love to run it against Paganis and other supercars, then drift away from them in corners.

Range Rover Stormer was pleasant surprise too.

and for utter insanity, all those japanese AWD kei-class cars with N1's and full mods.. :dopey: :crazy:

I thought it was easier, since there is more weight to throw around at the back. They just love to drift. My MR2 does anyways. :)

4WD is a challenge, they do get some crazy angles though. The only 4WD I have drifted is the Tommy Kaira ZZII, good car. Very fast too. 👍

you think your KZII is fast? i ran a best vegas run of 5.8 seconds@220 mph
:mischievous:

in the quater mile? i mean that's the speed it hits before the end of the quarter. top end is around 295. :D (low gearing but a fairly high final drive does the trick!)

I know, that's why I like them. they also have quite evil snap-back tendency from time to time, unless we're talking about Audi's top notch models ( those nose-heavy pigs..). A3 is lovely stock drifter, nice lift-off oversteer.

Range Rover Stormer was pleasant surprise too.

Yeah, I have tried an Audi, they seem good. I thought the ZZII was more fun though. The Audi had a great sound. That Rover is insane looking, never driven it though. :)

you think your KZII is fast? i ran a best vegas run of 5.8 seconds@220 mph
:mischievous:

I have never really done much on the drag strip. I find it odd that it isn't straight. Maybe I will try and beat your time, hehe. :D

Yes, listen to the wise k_c. He knows all, and maybe sees all too. :)

For your first car, I would stick to an FR. I have tried to drift an FF once. A Honda Accord Euro R, couldn't really get to drift at all. Just loads of understeer.

Summary of this post:

FR 👍 FF 👎

:)

dont you get any whip back after you turn
i keep on getting that ive tryed pretty much every car
mayb i dont have the right setup
ne suggestions???

dont you get any whip back after you turn
i keep on getting that ive tryed pretty much every car
mayb i dont have the right setup
ne suggestions???

to much countersteer snaps you back the other way.

to much countersteer snaps you back the other way.

so ur saing to not countersteer as much (to set up for the turn before it comes so i drift w/ little or no countersteer)
sry about the questions :) ive been drifting on GT3 for a year now and when i got GT4 it was a totally different experience.

so ur saing to not countersteer as much (to set up for the turn before it comes so i drift w/ little or no countersteer)
sry about the questions :) ive been drifting on GT3 for a year now and when i got GT4 it was a totally different experience.

There's countersteer, but it should be exaggerated. If you're using a PS2 controller it's a bit harder. What I do, I countersteer in small portions. I'll countersteer, release, countersteer, release, countersteer, etc. until I get through the turn. In the end, I just gently countersteer out of the drift.

I say an N2'ed (NOT N2O'ed) Silvia S13 is a good one, (if you can get over the somewhat low HP.) If you get irritated with it, by the Triple Clutch and Racing Flywheel. Helps some.

I'm trying with the 350Z's (mostly the Convertible), but it's hard to do with the weight.

Same here. I hated the snapback when I first integrated. You get used to it.

I agree with Implausibility and MHFalcon. The S13 stock is a good drifter, I think there are better stock drifters like the RX7 FD, but the S13 is good. :)

I have also tried to drift the 350Z MHFalcon, found it tough. I just played with the power and settings until it started to drift alright. 👍

both. when i started, i used N2's on a stock 95 cappachino. slow as hell froze over, but it gives you time to learn the right steering. i now use the same cappachino with turbo, flywheel, drive shaft, everything. i also like to switch around the era's of cars, ill drift an old skyline then a new one, and that makes you apreciate the technology that most people ignore.

Back