Who else is giving up on GT Sport?

• Thread starter Will Dias
  • 278 comments
Hey dude that was totally my fault. I was expecting to get a message actually.

I was trying to serve a penalty and was only aware of the car on the left of a 3 way sandwich.

Hope you’re okay. I’ll make sure to have my radar on in that stage of the race. DR is an indication of speed vs those matched against you by he way, not of safe driving. Cheers and see you out there

All is well, it was a great race but surprised me at the end...Take care

racing is inherently repetitive

and I'm not slighting your other complaints, but racing is about the unattainable perfect lap and the repetition needed to reach it. I know for a fact that you don't have Nurburgring memorized yet you're saying that you need more tracks than that.

in truth, you want more diversity because practice is boring to you.

and that's fine. tons of other games make it a point to entrain and dazzle you beyond the rote rigor of practice.

Yet again someone blaming the user in defence of the game and speaking for me. You know nothing 'for a fact' where I am concerned. I've driven thousands of laps around the Ring in various games in the past 20 years, believe me I know it off by heart. I spent 4 hours the other night hotlapping around Silverstone in a Clio in PC2 trying to get into the top 10 of a community event. I enjoyed every minute of it because the physics model, ffb and car handling were hugely enjoyable. I spent countless hours in FM3 hotlapping every track in the game to make into the top 50 overall in C Class to ensure I could join the racing team I used to drive for. I don't like GTS because it's not a very good game, it does none of that particularly well other than looking very pretty.

Oh and this might help you ;)

Shift.png

Yet again someone blaming the user in defence of the game and speaking for me. You know nothing 'for a fact' where I am concerned. I've driven thousands of laps around the Ring in various games in the past 20 years, believe me I know it off by heart. I spent 4 hours the other night hotlapping around Silverstone in a Clio in PC2 trying to get into the top 10 of a community event. I enjoyed every minute of it because the physics model, ffb and car handling were hugely enjoyable. I spent countless hours in FM3 hotlapping every track in the game to make into the top 50 overall in C Class to ensure I could join the racing team I used to drive for. I don't like GTS because it's not a very good game, it does none of that particularly well other than looking very pretty.

I guess

I mean you haven't been very clear or descriptive about your opinion at all, so yeah.. we're going to assume everything. oh right, GT doesn't "do it" for you. Whatever that means.

what other racing game would be a good grab to buy right now? I don't think I can wait for Kaz to start making more courses before I get used to them. I'd like to get a head start for GT on them.

I guess

I mean you haven't been very clear or descriptive about your opinion at all, so yeah.. we're going to assume everything. oh right, GT doesn't "do it" for you. Whatever that means.

what other racing game would be a good grab to buy right now? I don't think I can wait for Kaz to start making more courses before I get used to them. I'd like to get a head start for GT on them.
To be honest I buy every racing game that is even semi realistic and many arcade racers too. And I always give them a fair shake. I played GTS every night until the second night of the 1st Nations/Manufacturers Cup Test. I haven't played it since. However, games I would recommend are PC2, FM7, AC, R3E, Automobilista, Dirt Rally, SLRE, WRC7. Those are what I play on a regular basis at the moment and all for different reasons.

I've been pretty descriptive of my opinion both in here and other threads. The things that should really matter to a racer being the two biggest let downs, physics/handling and ffb. The physics/handling are fairly ordinary when compared to the competition, ffb is basic at best and not helped by the ultra smooth surface of most of the tracks. And then we come to the content which really is very poor, especially the track selection. There are very few tracks that are fun to race on and that's why I say it's repetitive. We need more events each day with more variation in number of laps, fuel use, tyre wear, random grids, quali, even different car classes in the same race. There is so much more they could be doing even with the limited content in the game but they don't, it gets very boring, very quickly. And I'm sat there with a plethora of other games with much more content and better handling/physics and ffb and it's not a difficult decision to go and enjoy something else much more.

Not gonna start. Not worth it.

Your edit was too late.

'I think I have found why you don't like this game. It's cute how you make fun of anybody who complains on the Pcars 2 side yet always skulk over here to do the same thing.'

A bit like you but the other way round then, are you cute too? Play the ball not the man eh? I talked about hotlapping because the user I replied to inferred I didn't have the patience to run lap after lap trying to perfect a lap. I also talked about how I have taken part in online racing and leagues in various games on a regular basis for the past 12 years. So your inference that I don't like GTS because I only like to hotlap is very wide of the mark. I don't like GTS for the reasons I have stated.

I also have bad things to say about most games. This was on the day of release of PC2.

So spent the evening playing the Xbox One version and graphically it’s not great. Don’t know if I’m missing something but everything further than about 75m ahead of your car is very blurry, very pixelated and looks very low res. This is playing on an Xbox One S on a 4K monitor. I’m hoping I’m missing a patch or a setting somewhere. Very happy I’m getting the PC version as well as that always looked very good during development.

Last edited:
Your edit was too late.

'I think I have found why you don't like this game. It's cute how you make fun of anybody who complains on the Pcars 2 side yet always skulk over here to do the same thing.'

A bit like you but the other way round then, are you cute too? Play the ball not the man eh? I talked about hotlapping because the user I replied to inferred I didn't have the patience to run lap after lap trying to perfect a lap. I also talked about how I have taken part in online racing and leagues in various games on a regular basis for the past 12 years. So your inference that I don't like GTS because I only like to hotlap is very wide of the mark. I don't like GTS for the reasons I have stated.

I will at least reply to you and then drop it. If you look at my posts in the Pcars 2 thread you will see that I reference bugs, issues I have with it that are well known and questions I have regarding patch release and which platform is best other than pc. I don't spend every post over there ragging the game out like you do everytime you come to these boards. I own it on Pc and hope to buy it on X1X if the patch ever gets released and actually works and can accept that it has qualities that GT Sport does not. You on the otherhand simply complain every. single. thread.

I edited my post seconds after I posted it because as I said, it was not worth starting and no one would have seen it. But I guess you just couldn't let it go huh?

Oh, and yes. I like to think I'm pretty cute. At least my wife tells me I am.

I will at least reply to you and then drop it. If you look at my posts in the Pcars 2 thread you will see that I reference bugs, issues I have with it that are well known and questions I have regarding patch release and which platform is best other than pc. I don't spend every post over there ragging the game out like you do everytime you come to these boards. I own it on Pc and hope to buy it on X1X if the patch ever gets released and actually works and can accept that it has qualities that GT Sport does not. You on the otherhand simply complain every. single. thread.

I edited my post seconds after I posted it because as I said, it was not worth starting and no one would have seen it. But I guess you just couldn't let it go huh?

Oh, and yes. I like to think I'm pretty cute. At least my wife tells me I am.
Apart from all the times when I've not complained eh? Or all the times I've said how stunningly beautiful it is for the hardware it's on or how it's lighting engine is world leading or how the matchmaking system is working well or how PD's passion and attention to detail shines through in it's crafting and presentation of the game or how scapes are a truly unique idea implemented fantastically. I apologise for not liking a game you do and expressing that.

From the guy with a D DR who slammed on the brakes right before the finish to try to cause those behind to get a penalty.

I've raced against you, what were you doing behind a DR D driver to begin with. :P :)

Apart from all the times when I've not complained eh? Or all the times I've said how stunningly beautiful it is for the hardware it's on or how it's lighting engine is world leading or how the matchmaking system is working well or how PD's passion and attention to detail shines through in it's crafting and presentation of the game or how scapes are a truly unique idea implemented fantastically. I apologise for not liking a game you do and expressing that.

Dude, I don't care that you don't like a game I like. Hell, none of my friends will go near this game. i just don't see why you need to **** all over those that do like it. I understand, you don't like the game. Why can't you let those enjoy it that do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh some dude lagged out and teleported in to me on the track (first time ever happening). Somehow counted lots of collisions spun me out and dropped my SR to C. In the end I ignore the rankings and just race. Sure at lower ranks they try to push me out etc but at the same time (with my limited time) after doing 2-3 quali laps its fun getting the feeling of getting faster while progressing in the race.

I only get mad at the other players and not the game if that make sense. The game itself is great for what it gives and the time I can put in it at this moment. (I race about 1-2h a day)

Dude, I don't care that you don't like a game I like. Hell, none of my friends will go near this game. i just don't see why you need to **** all over those that do like it. A guy posts here yesterday about how much he enjoys the game and you pull one sentence out of his post and try to rape him with it. I understand, you don't like the game. Why can't you let those enjoy it that do?
And why can't you let those that don't enjoy it alone? Don't like how I post report me. If I break the AUP the mods will deal with it. Play the ball not the man ;)

Shift.png
FM3... That was such an awesome racing game! One of my many favourites.

I'm sorry for going off subject, but that's brought back a ton of good memories. :)

I've raced against you, what were you doing behind a DR D driver to begin with. :P :)

Dude, I don't care that you don't like a game I like. Hell, none of my friends will go near this game. i just don't see why you need to **** all over those that do like it. A guy posts here yesterday about how much he enjoys the game and you pull one sentence out of his post and try to rape him with it. I understand, you don't like the game. Why can't you let those enjoy it that do?
The post I assume you are referring to didn't just say he liked the game, he made a grand assumption about why other people don't like it. To see that taken to task on this forum is par for the course. Why can't you just let people talk about the game and have a discussion without ******* all over those that enjoy that sort of thing?

Yes, big problems with it. It lacks variety, it's far to repetitive and limited in the different scenarios it offers, the physics engine and ffb are not good enough to make the game exciting to me. It has a very poor car and track list.
Hmmm. You liked racing in prior GT games? I dont see why as the physics were worse and the A.I. horrid. I thing your issue is mainly content and that's fair I guess.

Well, thanks everyone that shared a word here, really glad to see that my thread wasn't that stupid - and I got some great feedback and appreciate your time and attention! Went to the Mileage Exchange last night, bought a WRX, placed some decals on it... But didn't race online, went Arcade in Mt Panorama with it and had heaps of fun. I still don't see a point in One Make Races with a Peugeot RCZ or a Daihatsu Copen (one is not even a proper sports car, the other is not a real car, and there we go...) but will give it a second chance. Let's hope for some DLC or updates soon. Thanks guys!

I'm actually thinking of Project Cars 2 now after some of the answers here... At least there we may enjoy a nice Historic car in Knockhill instead of a "sports car" in Lago Maggiore...

By the way, I had a Logitech DFGT before but have no money to get a G29 at the moment. So I went into the motion tilt on DS4 using the triggers for throttle/brake and I must say it amazes me! If only the controller vibration was enough to simulate FFB, it would really be perfect!

I lost my broadband connection six days ago so no GTS for me. Been playing pcars2 career and dirt rally instead. I think GTS is arcade compared to those two but I still enjoy the odd race ... at least I will when I got my broadband again.

The post I assume you are referring to didn't just say he liked the game, he made a grand assumption about why other people don't like it. To see that taken to task on this forum is par for the course. Why can't you just let people talk about the game and have a discussion without ******* all over those that enjoy that sort of thing?

I'd agree with most of the positive comments here on the game, and some of the negative ones.

For me I'm loving the game, it's a breath of fresh air not to have a tiresome career lasting forever and a day on some grind to supposed completion (don't get me wrong I've done past GTs, Forza's and PCars and largely enjoyed them but the career grind gets tiresome) It's a petrol heads paradise with a great but not exhausting selection of cars and I like the whole calming aesthetic of the menus, social areas and history snapshots.

Tuning is simple which I prefer to be honest, many games have gone deep on tuning but few have got it right (mainly because the stock models are not always great to start with and thus frustratingly difficult to make good- PCars is a prime example) The livery editor is superb, I already prefer it to Forza and the introduction of uploading decals is a fantastic addition. The 'single player' is good I think, different, varied and not too grindy as well as been genuinely helpful in preparing you for MP (track knowledge mainly but also getting a feel for the physics and cars) The latter challenges are great, providing a real challenge.

The meat of course is online, while the penalty/ranking system needs work, the online mode really creates an atmosphere of real racing with all the build up to each race, and during with pitstops, marshals by the track and some lovely touches on the courses to make them feel alive. Much like DriveClub the online aspect is far more appealing to me than a single player grind, but each to their own and all that.

What it does need though imo;
Proper leaderboards for time trials so you can compete with friends
The ability to send out challenges to friends like in DriveClub (I frankly cannot believe this featuere is not present)
More work on the penalty and rating system
A more versatile camera system for photos while in the scapes section as it's a bit janky

Overall it's a solid 8/10 for me, in time it may be higher depending on what content and tweaks come in future.

Actually, it was this post an no I don't see any grand assumptions in it, do you? Also, I was simply replying to Slim, answering his question. Not meant to start any kind of uproar. It's all good.

And why can't you let those that don't enjoy it alone? Don't like how I post report me. If I break the AUP the mods will deal with it. Play the ball not the man ;)

I thought you and I were just having a discussion. Guess I was wrong.

I'm enjoying GTS. I have less time for it than those of you with kids, apparently (I'm talking to you, Jerome :)) so I'm not liking the daily races, I'd prefer weekly. I came straight from GT6 Quick Match racing and can say that the entire experience is an supermassive improvement in all aspects.

I am already getting what I wanted out of the game, and expect it to continue to evolve and change indefinitely. It has weaknesses compared to other titles, but I can appreciate what PD are trying to do and have the patience to see where they are going with it.

Look, guys, I have been reading all I could and checking over details, practising as much as possible, but... When you work full-time and have kids and a wife and wanted to have a go on the game as you used to before, this game is just not fun at all!

I have been waiting like crazy to get this game, but now I have to pay for PS Plus monthly to arrive on online races where (maybe due to poor connection, I'd say) the other cars are constantly shifting around the track and - out of nothing - bang! Someone hits me, takes me out of the track, and after battling not to spin with the 911 RSR, I get 10 secs penalty... So far, 1 month playing every night to win only 3 races. I realise this is "almost" professional and seems very real but I just can't see myself developing on the game if I can't offer more than 30 minutes a day over it...

Is everyone having the same frustrations or is it just me? I'm so disappointed that I have placed my PS3 back on the TV so I can enjoy Spa-Francorchamps on a Lamborghini Miura...

Yea bro, I went back to PS3/GT6 until they get there stuff together with GT sport. It's just too new at this stage for me. Nothing to do.

I freaking love GTS and it’s the first I’ve played since PS2. My only problem is since I’ve hit SR S...poles and wins are hard to come by. Stuck at 28 wins but I’m really enjoying every aspect of this game.

About the daily races, when they were weekly, I would focus on only one.
Now I just don’t race them.
Too much going on with 2 daily FIA races plus 3 daily races.

Shift.png
Oh I get it. You don't like loosing.

I am in the same shoes. Two kids, wife and 60+ hr week job doesn't leave much time to play. This version is much harder than previous. I have played every version, with increasing affinity for the improvements. I went out and bought a PS4 Pro just to play Sport and I can't tell you how disappointed I am with it. I am still using a DS4, and using the buttons to boot. I tried the triggers, but that was too foreign. I am not giving up and still finding time to do at least the daily workout to get the free car (albeit with several duplicates). I have to sympathize with you, though!
Try switching the accelerator and brake from the trigger to the right analog stick. Brought me a lot of success with more sensitivity.

I think the better question is, is it worth it?.... And no, it's not worth it imo, simple.

In case you don't know how all this works.........

It is a glorified prologue. they have become just like "Cowboy builders" of the game world (build a little bit, then wanting paid now for the work up-to-now, and more for upcoming future work, otherwise they aren't coming back to finish it)..... that is whats going on here, they are definitely looking paid for snippets of a game- that is part partial of a bigger future game.... See, in the background all this work is ultimately going towards a full game(to be released as a separate game in future.. GT7 maybe)

GT6 was 80-90 percent GT5. A lot of work/programming is just carried over, and only very slight stuff is changed/polished, this is very obvious to most people of course, and accepted no problem. But it is the ethics behind doing that. See they will claim that they do this mainly because it is being revamped as another "newer" full game(refreshed basically).... Every ip is like this, and its just another pay day for them and almost considered foolish if they don't do it to boost income for their ip.

Forza's ip is boosted by subsidy sales, from Horizon series. And with PD, you get the feeling they know they can no longer "milk" the prologue versions anymore (being paid up-to-now, in the form of a snippet game, for a bigger future version). So they are disguising this as them taking the game in a different direction- and so, looking full game asking prices, but shafting us in the process with a snippet..... You wouldn't mind if GTS was half the asking price(like in the past with prologues).. but this is ridiculous to ask full price for this snippet.

That's what they are doing here.... the are boosting the income for GT7 in the form of snippets.

I've been using the right analog stick since GT1, and I find it extremely difficult to use anything else, to be honest. That said, and being in the same family-life boat as many other posters here, I find GTSport to be my go to game of the moment, and this is true with either the DS4 or my T150. (BTW, you can make a pretty awesome collapsible wheel stand with about $30 worth of materials from home depot, a saw, a drill, and some sandpaper =)

Why I like it so much I'm not entirely sure, I just do. With the T150 the FFB is nowhere near the level of AC, that's for sure. However, that doesn't turn me off in the least. If anything, GTSport has shown me just how much I can enjoy driving and racing without the intensity and focus that is required of me to be successful in AC or PCars2. The physics might not be class-leading, but they also don't require me to have a complete working knowledge of all things tuning related.

Now, full disclosure, I have little to no interest in the online aspect of GTSport, and I haven't so much as registered nor competed in a single race. I'm just patiently working my way through all golds in every off-line event, and I'm enjoying it very much. I find that there is just the right amount of balance in the difficulty level across the game. The Circuit Experience events are ridiculously easy compared to what I was expecting, but some of the driving missions take me a good hour to get gold on, although this hour might be split across 3 days.

All things being equal, I can quickly set myself up with a 15-lap Gr. 4 race, set the difficulty to high, start myself near the middle, and just drive as best as I can. I see little reason to amass a huge amount of credits, so I just drive. The sound is leaps and bounce ahead of GT6, the graphics (IMO) are phenomenal, and it's just an enjoyable thing. In the last three months I have bought F1 2017, PCars2, and GTSport, and since GTSport was released I haven't touched the other two.

Not-terribly-coherent rant over!

To be honest I buy every racing game that is even semi realistic and many arcade racers too. And I always give them a fair shake. I played GTS every night until the second night of the 1st Nations/Manufacturers Cup Test. I haven't played it since. However, games I would recommend are PC2, FM7, AC, R3E, Automobilista, Dirt Rally, SLRE, WRC7. Those are what I play on a regular basis at the moment and all for different reasons.

I've been pretty descriptive of my opinion both in here and other threads. The things that should really matter to a racer being the two biggest let downs, physics/handling and ffb. The physics/handling are fairly ordinary when compared to the competition, ffb is basic at best and not helped by the ultra smooth surface of most of the tracks. And then we come to the content which really is very poor, especially the track selection. There are very few tracks that are fun to race on and that's why I say it's repetitive. We need more events each day with more variation in number of laps, fuel use, tyre wear, random grids, quali, even different car classes in the same race. There is so much more they could be doing even with the limited content in the game but they don't, it gets very boring, very quickly. And I'm sat there with a plethora of other games with much more content and better handling/physics and ffb and it's not a difficult decision to go and enjoy something else much more.

Your edit was too late.

I also have bad things to say about most games. This was on the day of release of PC2.
Forza 7? Your opinion is null and void. Everyone agrees unanimously that GT Sport has a better more SIM like physics then Forza 7. You come off as a hater to be honest.

Forza 7? Your opinion is null and void. Everyone agrees unanimously that GT Sport has a better more SIM like physics then Forza 7. You come off as a hater to be honest.

1. The whole point of an opinion is that it can be whatever one wants it to be, and nobody gets to tell them otherwise.

2. Everyone who has a different opinion will come off as a hater to be honest, sooner or later.

3. Arguing about this like its an actual problem is, in my opinion, quite entertaining!

Back