Who else is giving up on GT Sport?

• Thread starter Will Dias
  • 278 comments
The lack of depth in the main focus of the game which is 'Sport', is really disappointing and dare I say inexcusable. There's only 5 races to choose from a day and there's almost zero freedom or focus when to comes to the drivers preferences regarding the vehicle, minus TCS, Brake Bias and which car you'd like to drive... if you're even allowed. I mean, this is it? this is GTSport?

Sport mode SHOULD be an open field regulated by ONLY, class, weight & horsepower, (EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULD BE OPEN TO TUNE) with rotating start times for EVERY TRACK available in the game. The only thing that would change on a daily basis would be the specific class, weight & horsepower restrictions for each track. ...It's really that simple.

The lack of depth in the main focus of the game which is 'Sport', is really disappointing and dare I say inexcusable. There's only 5 races to choose from a day and there's almost zero freedom or focus when to comes to the drivers preferences regarding the vehicle, minus TCS, Brake Bias and which car you'd like to drive... if you're even allowed. I mean, this is it? this is GTSport?

Sport mode SHOULD be an open field regulated by only, class, weight & horsepower, with rotating start times for EVERY TRACK available in the game. The only thing that would change on a daily basis would be the specific class, weight & horsepower restrictions for each track. ...It's really that simple.
A dynamic balance of performance would be much better than the current system so that you can add more hp but would have to add more weight etc. to have the homologation, like the PP system in GTs of old.
And of course proper tuning like it existed in GT6. Not these gimped options where most of them are locked.

I see the point and all but I disagree with your open tuning because my race engineer went on strike which means I'd have to learn how to set it up the car and create new setups for each track, each time of the day accounting for the differing grip levels, fine tune... On and on. And if I didn't then I don't stand a chance. I'm a digital stig, I want to race and bend panels. And I think the fastest drivers will find a way to win with a greasy spoon or a ****ing VW Beetle.

Oh well, patience guys, patience.

There will be more cars
There will be more tracks
It will all be for free as a DLC

Just patience guys.

I see the point and all but I disagree with your open tuning because my race engineer went on strike which means I'd have to learn how to set it up the car and create new setups for each track, each time of the day accounting for the differing grip levels, fine tune... On and on. And if I didn't then I don't stand a chance. I'm a digital stig, I want to race and bend panels. And I think the fastest drivers will find a way to win with a greasy spoon or a ****ing VW Beetle.
Polyphony could have the current balance of performance values for each car and track as the default "best" values. If you want to go beyond the recommended parameters, that should be your perogative. So long as you don't exceed a certain PP limit value.

Sport mode SHOULD be an open field regulated by ONLY, class, weight & horsepower, (EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULD BE OPEN TO TUNE) with rotating start times for EVERY TRACK available in the game. The only thing that would change on a daily basis would be the specific class, weight & horsepower restrictions for each track. ...It's really that simple.
Question is what is your DR and SR?

What is the problem in having a level field? Gives more competition i think. People with no knowledge of tuning will suffer. Actual driver skill is tested in a level field.

How many races have you won in a level field? What are your FIA Points?

There will be more cars

Just patience guys.
Could you please reference your source where it says it will all be free?
I keep hearing that on the forums but have not found an official source saying it will be free. Only that there will be more cars and tracks, but not if they will be free or not.

I thought you and I were just having a discussion. Guess I was wrong.
Clearly not, it would appear that you are stalking me around the forum making note of every conversation I have. There is no discussion being had. You are unhappy with the things that I say. However, all you are doing is vocalising your displeasure, you don't even attempt to counter the points that I make. How about you actually read what I say and tell me why I am wrong to hold the opinion that GTS lacks content, has little variety in what you can do when you sit down to race in Sport mode or for a game that is so focused on racing has a relatively ordinary physics/handling model and ffb, which are three examples of what I have said.

Oh I get it. You don't like loosing.

If you meant losing then I lose all the time. The vast majority of the time I race I don't win. However, no idea what your point is.

Forza 7? Your opinion is null and void. Everyone agrees unanimously that GT Sport has a better more SIM like physics then Forza 7. You come off as a hater to be honest.

You clearly missed the point where I said,

Those are what I play on a regular basis at the moment and all for different reasons.

FM7 is indeed on the more arcadey end of the spectrum, just like GTS, it's better than GTS in some areas but likewise GTS is better than FM7 in other areas when it comes to physics/handling and ffb. However, the reason I enjoy playing FM7 is the content, the singleplayer and the variety of what I can do when I sit down to play. All things that GTS sadly lacks.

And if I'm just a hater why did I spend so much money on the Collectors Edition? So rather than attacking me why not try and counter the points that I make, play the ball not the man?

Is there any reason why PD couldn't have events every night that cater for both?

Last edited:
Having read the last two pages i really have to say that there is a disturbing trend going on in forums in general where people would state something and then as soon as someone argues their point in a civilized manner, they hide behing "my opinion", as if, just because its an opinion, one is not allowed to challenge it. Well, if you post your precious opinions in a public forum then the price you have to pay is the risk that they may be challenged. Thats the beauty of a public place. You have a right to have your opinion and express it. And others have the right to express theirs about yours.
So i very much would like to see people getting off that argument "but its my opinion", because its worth exactly nothing and explains nothing.

Having read the last two pages i really have to say that there is a disturbing trend going on in forums in general where people would state something and then as soon as someone argues their point in a civilized manner, they hide behing "my opinion", as if, just because its an opinion, one is not allowed to challenge it. Well, if you post your precious opinions in a public forum then the price you have to pay is the risk that they may be challenged. Thats the beauty of a public place. You have a right to have your opinion and express it. And others have the right to express theirs about yours.
So i very much would like to see people getting off that argument "but its my opinion", because its worth exactly nothing and explains nothing.
A lot of jimmies get russled on this forum.
As in real life.

It
I'm not a native speaker, whats "russled"?
It means a lot of people get upset if you challenge their opinion and they take it as a personal insult. Jimmies as in underwear and russled as in disturbed/upset.

There will be more cars

Just patience guys.

You have absolutely no proof of that. Nothing at all has been announced.

That is nothing but hope.

Games die within a month on the market place, lol at patience. It is quickly becoming a time when any real updates might have to be forgone and all focus moved to releasing a proper GT7.

Games die within a month on the market place, lol at patience. It is quickly becoming a time when any real updates might have to be forgone and all focus moved to releasing a proper GT7.
I remember back in the GT5/GT6 days when PD/Kaz promised engine sound upgrades, Standard to Premium updates, (bi?)monthly DLC, and so on. Man we were naïve. Fun days.

Kaz did confirm there will be more cars and tracks coming.
As for them being all free, I'd think it more likely there are 70 beautiful virgins waiting for me in the afterlife.
I remember back in the GT5/GT6 days when PD/Kaz promised engine sound upgrades, Standard to Premium updates, (bi?)monthly DLC, and so on. Man we were naïve. Fun days.
A mod locked the thread before I could reply. I will try to "tone it down".
To illustrate my point, if there was no either road model GT-R in the game or the 2013 GT-R GT3 and Kaz decided to put a Gr.4 Nissan in the game and opted to make a (fictional) Gr.4 Nissan GT-R from scratch instead of putting a real Nissan 370z GR.4, that would be a questionable design choice.
The fact there was already a road Nissan GT-R and the upscaled 2013 GT-R GT3 model from Gran Turismo 6 points to a copy and paste with slight tweaking. And again, why couldn't Kaz also put an updated Nissan GT-R GT3 2016/2017 spec?

You don't need to read in the encyclopedia Britannica that the sky is blue to know it's blue. You learn about colors in kindergarden, perhaps earlier. You can look at the sky and know it is blue without any "scientist" telling you. That is why I say it is a fact that Polyphony were lazy, through observation and analysis. Because all evidence points to it. Do you honestly think PD or Sony will ever admit they where lazy with GT Sport? Maybe some disgruntled employee down the road will spill the beans, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

As for referring to Polyphony as LAZY being "emotional" on my part, it is clear a lot of jimmies where getting russled from the word "lazy", including yours.
And yes, I am ticked off. I bought a PS4 three years ago in anticipation for a proper GT game, and I feel like a fool for doing so. A good lesson I suppose.

Last edited:
Kaz himself said that he plans to have 500 cars in this game once the support for it is finished.

@Huzar
well, but more than that you will not get as "confirmation". thats the way things are confirmed. devs say it. what confirmation do you expect at this point?
we dont have a clear road map, yes. but the game is just one month out. so just wait at least one more month and panic then.

Kaz himself said that he plans to have 500 cars in this game once the support for it is finished.

@Huzar
well, but more than that you will not get as "confirmation". thats the way things are confirmed. devs say it. what confirmation do you expect at this point?
we dont have a clear road map, yes. but the game is just one month out. so just wait at least one more month and panic then.
Just chiming in if you don't mind, but given Kaz's track record of saying things that never came to be, I think the smart thing to do is to only believe him when something he says will happen actually happens.

@Huzar

A release date to me is the only legitimate confirmation.

Kaz talking out of his ass is exactly what it sounds like, just more empty talk from a known liar.

Hes also confirmed things that never made it to past games. Him saying something is about as worthless as a thing can be.
I think Kaz will put in a few more cars and tracks as DLC to milk the franchise.
For them being free, I wouldn't count on it. And certainly I don't think the game will eventually have 500 cars like Kaz was mouthing about.
For adding proper rain racing and other features, also wouldn't count on it.

There will be more cars

Yes there will be more cars/tracks.The question is when?
In one month?Three months?One year?
And what cars/tracks?
Ferrari 488 GT3 or another Vision?
SPA or another fantasy track?

I actually did ask where was that officially comfirmed (if those are gonna be free or some of them) but I cannot remember getting an answer.Can you point me to where I can find that info?-btw I too believe there is going to be a lot of free DLC-

Just patience guys.

If PD did better communication and people actually had a "map" about what is going to be added and when,I think most of the people would actually be patience.
Thats the problem.People cannot "wait" because they have nothing officially announced in order to wait for it.

Back