Who still plays GT1??

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by f1king, Feb 22, 2002.

1. f1king

f1king

Ive retired mine.

2. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

mine's so used up it won't work anymore... i'm gonna buy another one soon... was so much fun!!! I remember those nights i stayed up, trying to beat those cups!!

3. vat_man

vat_man Staff Emeritus

I haven't played it in a while - last time I played it was about two months ago - almost couldn't bear to look at it - especially the wheels on the cars! They looked awful.

4. Viper_Maniac

Viper_Maniac

Yeah. Ugh. I can't remember the last time I played GT1. I think it was before I got GT2. I forget.

5. f1king

f1king

I cant even remember the last time I played GT2....

6. jag_man_v12

jag_man_v12

ive never played it

7. -Fred-

-Fred- Staff Emeritus

you really missed something!!! it was awesome back then, and i'm sure it still is!!

8. crb

crb

ME! ME! ME! Still a good game. :cheers: :cheers:

9. jag_man_v12

jag_man_v12

im not realy it game machines like driving the real things if i want to drive something different I just go down a car yard and take something for a spin

10. f1king

f1king

Lucky you.

11. Dudebusta

Dudebusta

I race my nephew with a mirage so he can win. haha GT1 was good for its time...time to say bye bye.

12. Shannon

Shannon

hardly ever anymore. I got GT2, played it and decided to try and get that IA license. When I started playing, it just didn't seem like any fun anymore, the game was only on for about 5 minutes.

13. slip2rock

slip2rock

every so often. I like to get a second hand Supra and see how far i can get in that one car before you have to trade up.

Keep meaning to try that idea with other cars but the Supra is such an animal with full turbo going :mischievous:

14. Shannon

Shannon

i sometimes do that to, when i'm real bored, and i mean real bored.

15. slip2rock

slip2rock

Also only just bought a PS2 yesterday and never really got on with GT2...... in fact don't think i ever played it in anything other than in "arcade mode". Somehow just didn't seem to have the same bite. Been playing a lot of PC games recently.

Now GT3, seems to be a whole heap different. Although i appear to be driving a flaming Toyota Yaris at the moment! Although it now has a turbo and a few tweeks. So it's now just above the boredom threshold. Sounds great coming out of my surround sound tho'.

16. troy

troy (Banned)

not me

17. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

I arrived late to the GT1 party (December 2001), so for me, it's sort of a new game. The AI's meaner, but the cars are limited.

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and for $5, I can't complain. I still play GT2 about 10x more since completing GT1 (except for unlocking all the arcade tracks).

18. speedy_2

speedy_2

I played GT1 about a month ago. You gotta give the game repect since it's the one that started it all. I still love it although after playing GT3 it makes it look terrible. But look on the bright side. If they've come this far with only three games just think how all the rest will be. GT4 is going to be awesome.!!!

19. doctor2132105

doctor2132105

I still play GT1, but I have to take care of the Trueno on my savegame.

20. Puffy

Puffy

i never played GT2, i went from GT1 to GT3, huge change, kind of a shock

21. Dudebusta

Dudebusta

well its 10:33pm and im pretty bored...i might blow the dust off it and wack it in and take the ole FTO LM for a strap in the HI-FI mode.

22. FuJi K

FuJi K

i just started today. pretty fun cause the cars don't have ABS.

Plus it has SSR II..............i miss this track!

23. Dudebusta

Dudebusta

that endurance race with SSRII backwards.......what a friggen nightmare

24. I play this game just as much at GT3, they have a lot of cars in it that are not in GT3. I just have a lot of fun with it still

25. JoniK

JoniK

I've had GT1 since '98 and have had several gamesaves, but they're all gone. So recently I just started another GT1 game. :-)

26. Super-Supra ^_^

Super-Supra ^_^

GT1 was the first game i ever had on psx i still love that game even today because it was the begging of something spectacular.

27. Gran Turismo7058

Gran Turismo7058 (Banned)

Nice to see a new member post away again

28. RVDNuT374

RVDNuT374

Last time I played was when I was still in school:rolleyes:

29. f1king

f1king

Man I cant remember the last time I played it.

30. lil_hybrid

lil_hybrid

gt1 is still awsome. even though it is old it was the founder of all gran turismo.