Who still plays GT1??

• Thread starter f1king
  • 240 comments
I cant remember the last time I played GT1 before I lost it. I never played GT2 but I remember all the time I spent on GT1. I spent whole days on it like I do on GT3. :Sighs:...The good ol' days.

Until I heard about the ps2 modem, I played gt1 more than I played gt3. In gt1 you only have to change your tires in an enduro. In gt1 there were more prize cars other than the miata.
The grip of the cars in gt1 was outstanding also.

I also cant remember the last time i played GT1... I lost the disc some time ago... I remember the in game music was awesome (the music at the dealers, etc).. Too bad they didnt continue using it...

YEAH>>>!!!!!! **** yeah i loved the nissan one i think...it was hella sick, i thought of putting it into a mix, along with some trance/house/and rap.....

Earlier today I dusted off my copy of Gran Turismo...It was pretty funny how easily I did some of the stuff that took me hours when I was new to the game(and driving games in general) I can remember sitting for hours with my little brother taking turns on the B-Liscense tests and Sunday Cup...I beat both in less than 1/2 hour today. I was also kind of ...surprised at the graphics, I mean, they seemed awesome at the time...It's amazing what a year with a ps2 will do to you. :thumbsup:

It sucks. The GT2 is much better.
I've played gt1 for like 2 months and it got borred.
Now i'm playin' GT2 for over a year and it's still fun as it was on the first day.

I kind of stopped playing mine once my brother got GT2 from a friend for a while, then later, we got GT3, so I havn't really touched GT in a while... It's a shame, it's a good game, too...

Originally posted by Dudebusta
that endurance race with SSRII backwards.......what a friggen nightmare

Endurance race? There were endurance races for that game??? Oh, right, yeah... I never ended up getting IA...

The game is not that hard, took me a day to get the IA License, only after having the game for four years.....and not playing it.

Call me weird (or extremely poor, which is what I am) but I have never played GT2, GT3, or GT Concept.

I have had a PSX and Gran Turismo 1 for no more than 2 weeks now and so far I have won all arcade races on normal, I have 11 cars in sim mode and I find it to be a bloody excellent game.

All you guys talk about gt1 having bad graphics and all but thats only because you have gt2/3/concept to compare it to. I agree gt1s graphics look a little dated (just a little!) and Im sure when I get gt2/3/concept and a ps2 I wont be able to stand going back to gt1 for long. But for someone who has just begun to play gt1, its a ripper game which will keep me entertained for yonks.... or until i can afford a ps2 which by the way is worth more than half the value of my car over here in australia.

Hey, beggars cant be choosers, right? :cool:

SpeedRaca, welcome to GTP!

GT1 isn't the best GT game, but by no means is it bad. I still play it, even though I have GT3, and I love it! Well, have fun getting all of the arcade races on HARD, then you can play the "Hi-Res" mode. That's pretty good, you'll have to play it to see how you like it though. Have fun!

Originally posted by rjensen11
SpeedRaca, welcome to GTP!

GT1 isn't the best GT game, but by no means is it bad. I still play it, even though I have GT3, and I love it! Well, have fun getting all of the arcade races on HARD, then you can play the "Hi-Res" mode. That's pretty good, you'll have to play it to see how you like it though. Have fun!

Im pretty anxious to see what this hi-res mode as well as the GT hi-fi thing is all about. But at the moment Im still a beginner and still perfecting my driving style with the high powered race cars such as the castrol supra gt and my 550 something hp fd rx7. Which means I can win all the gt races no sweat except for the last one.. its damn hard and the best ive done is second place so far. :embarrassed:

Originally posted by rjensen11

Take yer time, nobody here has perfected their driving styles.;)

Im leaning more towards controlled oversteer. There are two things I can say about this.

1. It seems this is the way its meant to be done I mean the driving manual included in the jewel case even tells you so. But even so trying to find the right level of slip into and out of a corner, when you have 655 hp tucked away is always going to be bloody hard.

2. Call me crazy but now I have more fun driving this way in sim mode than I do driving drift style in arcade mode! Guess its coz Im gettin better at it...

Um, get the GTO, and get Turbo 4 on it and everything else. It's the best car in the game then, seriously. It's even better than the vipers:eek:

I heard somebody say somewhere in a forum that the skyline could be pumped up to 941 hp. So yeah just for a bit of fun I went and did it and whaddya know - 941 hp! But it was damn hard to drive, too powerful for me.

So just what IS a definition of a better car? The most powerful? At the moment I cant really drive accurately above about 500 hp maybe its cause I havent practiced or maybe its cause I dont know how to tune my car to my driving style yet...

Thats true, but I am trying to find the ideal beast to beat the tuned car comp at the moment which obviously you cant have race modded cars in...

Racing mods are great but when you dont have them and you have a 900 hp beast its a whole different story!

Talking about powerful beasts, I rigged up one of the RUF cars(The on with the RR, I forgot which model it is) with 1028HP or something, and I'm going to try rallying that thing against my Mustang. I think the mustang will actually win because it won't be as powerful, seeing that it has only a few hundred HP less than the RUF beast. Wish me luck some time!

Good luck!

Hey I won the last gt race last night in gt1 so I got to see what "gt hi-fi" looks like. Not bad really.

1028 hp! Man its about time I got gt2

Oh, I didn't mean to mislead you. The 1000hp car I was talking about is in GT3. But from what I remember hearing, HiFi mode is how GT2 should look, can anybody clarify this?

Ok basically what they did for Hi-Fi mode in gt1 is take the draw distance down to about 100 metres and take away some of the scenery. So yeah frame rates kind of go up considerably and the graphics become smoother and some things like lights on the roof of tunnels look slendid.

So if you can live with being able to see the scenery being drawn half the time and with feeling a little less claustrophic, its really quite acceptable.

Oh, and theres no tire smoke. At all.

Yeah, well, what can you do, other than get a PS2 and GT3? Take your time though, try to get GT complete before you move onto any other games. Granted, it'll take a while, just try it;)

Back