Who still plays GT1??

• Thread starter f1king
  • 240 comments
The tuned car comp is really frustrating! I have yet to try the gto like you suggested but Im playing it right now and after I have a go at, and hopefully win, the light-engine comp ill start with the gto.

And yeah, $400 for a console, and $80 for something printed on a $2 cd???? Cmon, guys, get real!

I'm starting to like GT1 more than GT2 despite its small line-up of cars... GT2's arcade mode felt a little odd but, believe me, GT1's arcade mode handles beautifully... I've never driven a Mitsubishi Eclipse that handled so well in both Standard and Drift modes... However, the simulation mode of GT1 seems to be tougher than the one in GT2...

I dont know gt2 but Im guessing gt1s simulation mode is pretty hard. For me its not too hard, Im not saying Im kind dick but Ive had quite a bit of experience on colin mcrae rally pc and when you dont have a steering wheel believe me you learn how to control a car alright!

I really engoy sim mode now, so much so that I hardly ever, if at all, play arcade mode anymore.

Cooooooool. Well seeing as I have yet to get gt2 Im pretty much a dinosaur as gt addicts go but from what ive heard it sounds like gt2 is not "better" in every way possible.

But hey if gt2 has a better sim mode and 500+ cars, who's complaining?

GT1's arcade mode handles so well, Polyphony should have released an arcade version of GT1... Imagine how much money they could have earned from the arcades...

Polyphony could have earned lots of money if they released an arcade Gran Turismo... Just like how SNK earned most of their cash from the arcades...

Yeah, just because GT3/GTC has better graphics and is newer doesnt necessarily mean its a better game.

And there will always be those of us who either dont have money trees in the backyard so cant buy a ps2 or are enjoying gt1/gt2 enough that they dont need to buy a ps2.

Yeah, but you gotta love GTA3:VC! That game is awsome! You can fly helicopters, drive 5 different types of motorcycles, and it's so much cooler than any of the other GTA games!

Originally posted by takumi64
Polyphony could have earned lots of money if they released an arcade Gran Turismo... Just like how SNK earned most of their cash from the arcades...

I thought this would be a good idea and it would also give you the opportunity to show off your skills in public that youve been practicing. Imagine that would be so, cool ^_^

Although it would be better to release an arcade mode of GT3 with GTC cars as well, with 6 player linked together. Id be at the arcades all the time running in the 90s.

Also I have GT1, GT2, GT3 and GTC but I think out of the lot of them GT2 has had the most play. And I always want to go back to it. Maybe once in a while ill rag out my old Japanese copy of GT (bought in december 1997 damnit :P ) and ave a bash for nostalgic reasons.

Hmm, an arcade of only GT games... Would you need to contact either Sony or PD for that? Or could that be run without their knowledge? Hmm... I wonder how quick you could make up the what*does math*:
200*6=1200(PS2's)
+
300*6=1800(Good TV's, you hate to play on cheap TV's in an arcade...)
+
400*6=2400(You need some good Lay-Z-Boy chairs to play for the hours)
+
60*6=360(The GT 1,2,3 games)
+
70(Firewire stuff for the network)
=
$5530US

And that can be run from your home or garage;)

Now, let's see, 5 bucks an hour for the games, that's 30 bucks an hour...

30*8=240 a day, you could pull it off pretty easily, given enough time, and then the best part is, since it's in your garage, hopefully the fed's won't find out:D

I think its about time this thread was closed.

1. Everything that can possibly be said about gt1 has been said
2. Nobodys really talking about the topic anymore
3. Weve probably beat the record for number of posts on a single thread now

:sleep:

So... What else can you say about the first Gran Turismo game? Well, it brings back a lot of memories of my high school life... It's a classic that will never die...

Back