Who still plays GT1??

• Thread starter f1king
  • 240 comments
Parnelli Bone
I always picture the GT1 and GT2 forums to be big, empty rooms. Kinda like the type of rooms you see in hotels where they hold business seminars and trekkie conventions.
GT4 is where the party's at, and it's going non-stop 24/7!!

I desagree,
For me, the GT1 forum is like a small quiet warm pub where GT veterans once in a while drop by to remember about the good old days, their exploits and to have fun in front of a few beers.

TMM
I knew someone would correct my spelling. Thanks SportWagon, whats the other web site then, something dodgy?
I only noted the spelling because you seemed to express some interest in finding the correct spelling.

www dot celestemarie dot com

Hmm. Not as racy as the top-level page suggests, actually. Some model apparently used Celeste Marie as her professional name. I don't know what the pop-up, which Firefox suppressed, is like...

(Google seach for "Marie Celeste" lists her site quite high, not surprisingly).

Biased turkey
I desagree,
For me, the GT1 forum is like a small quiet warm pub where GT veterans once in a while drop by to remember about the good old days, their exploits and to have fun in front of a few beers.

Yeah, that's a good analogy.

Biased turkey
I desagree,

I wish I had a few beers in front of me now. Unfortunatly the only time I get to logon is during work so no beers for me.

just started playing it again, i never liked GT2 much and GT3 ive completed, so im gonna start from scratch on GT1 since im ALOT better on racing games than i was when i first got it :)

chinko
just started playing it again, i never liked GT2 much and GT3 ive completed, so im gonna start from scratch on GT1 since im ALOT better on racing games than i was when i first got it :)

You are right, it's fun to play GT1 again after learning a few tricks from GT2 and 3.
Last december, I was not having fun anymore playing GT3 and while waiting for Gt4 I decided to do something I never bothered to try before: go for the gold ( at least with the b license ) . It was like a breath of fresh air. Even my wife was sitting next to me , cheering and and making some comments like " Go , your intermediate time is down ".

just got seriously pissed off at B6..damn i was .3 off the time :( but im having fun starting from the beginning with my ma70 supra :)

chinko
just got seriously pissed off at B6..damn i was .3 off the time :( but im having fun starting from the beginning with my ma70 supra :)

I got all the B-license golds but was seriously disappointed with the prize car (the Dodge Copperhead). The engine can't be modified. The only reason I tackled all those golds was to have a good car to drive in the Tuned series races and I thought the Dodge could be tweaked to 500+ horsepower.

I remember the del Sol @ Deep Forest was my nemesis: it took me forever to win the gold there...

Last edited:
i suprised myself though, years ago i got stuck on B5 or B7 (the skyline one) but i did it easily this time :s and got stuck on one i found easier last time

Parnelli Bone
I got all the B-license golds but was seriously disappointed with the prize car (the Dodge Copperhead) cuz the engine can't be modified. The only reason i tackled all those golds was to have a good car to drive in the Tuned series races and i thought the Dodge could be tweaked to 500+ horsepower.

I remember the del Sol @ Deep Forest was my nemesis: it took me forever to win the gold there...

The Copperhead is a good enough car to start with, no Race mod either but your thinking of the later Race Modded Concept car that had around 500HP. Try the A & IA licenses, the prize cars are much better.

TMM
The Copperhead is a good enough car to start with, no Race mod either but your thinking of the later Race Modded Concept car that had around 500HP. Try the A & IA licenses, the prize cars are much better.

My dream is to gold the a license in order to get the TRD 3000 GT, but I'm stuck at a1 with the Supra at the 1st hairpin of Deep Forest. I tried at least 50 times.
Please spare me the " try harder" :)
I'm so depressed, if I drop by the GT1 pub, will someone buy me a beer ?
tia

Getting the gold for a license in GT2 was easier.

Biased turkey
My dream is to gold the a license in order to get the TRD 3000 GT, but I'm stuck at b1 with the Supra at the 1st hairpin of GranValley. I tried at least 50 times.
Please spare me the " try harder" :)
I'm so depressed, if I drop by the GT1 pub, will someone buy me a beer ?
tia

Keep trying, the car is worth the effort, although not as good as the Supra RZ. Also try and get the Nismo 400R, now that car is a real star...

Parnelli Bone
I got my IA golds first.

Immediately after getting the gold at the full Deep Forest Racing Way track (which probably took several days), I went back and tried that A license test and got gold on my first clean run.

I played GT1 today for the first time this year, I really like the way the tires squeal and how the cars Handle! You can come off of a corner so sweet in GT1, Still a great game, Gotta love it!!!👍

HYBRIDLVR
I played GT1 today for the first time this year, I really like the way the tires squeal and how the cars Handle! You can come off of a corner so sweet in GT1, Still a great game, Gotta love it!!!👍

Indeed you have.

Biased turkey
My dream is to gold the a license in order to I'm so depressed, if I drop by the GT1 pub, will someone buy me a beer ?
tia

I'd buy you a beer but then I'd have to make sure it's the right temperature. Better check the carbonation and acid content, too.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
I'd buy you a beer but then i'd have to make sure it's the right temperature. Better check the carbonation and acid content, too.

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it.
Abour serving temperature: I like my Chimay Ale ( brew by the trappist monks ) served between 45-50 degrees F.
tia
P.S. The only cup I ever won in my life ( except the cups from GT licenses of course ) was at a ... homebrewing competition.

My motto : " I only pit-in for beer"

I still played it, more than gt2 (thought it was worse) and gt3 (same again). But then a triangular chunk came off the disc, and it won't play anymore, i'm gutted.

And now gt4 doesn't play on my ps2. :(

i remember i was much younger when i got gt3 now i am 13 and i loved that games so much and my favorite car was the viper gts but now gt1 has bad graphics compared to 2days gt games and i just get bord of how the car looks in that game. geese i havent played that game in a while i get gt1 and gt2 mixed up.

i played all gts but the best was without any competitor GT played for like 6 months that was what 8 years ago
wish i stll had the memory card and the saves
i remember at the end it opened up two stages in a subaru wrx where the graphics where amazing

alfaromeo
i played all gts but the best was without any competitor GT played for like 6 months that was what 8 years ago
wish i stll had the memory card and the saves
i remember at the end it opened up two stages in a subaru wrx where the graphics where amazing

I thought it was 3 stages and the graphics were only amazing because you didn't have the same background level or other cars to race against. But it did show what the old PS1 could do.

TMM
I thought it was 3 stages and the graphics were only amazing because you didn't have the same background level or other cars to race against. But it did show what the old PS1 could do.

Yeah, it was SS Route 5, the short version of Route 5, and SS Route 11. I thought it was beautiful (the hi-res mode) but I quickly got bored with it. After all, there are no other cars on the road, and TMM is right: the background was absent.

Last edited:
lol, oh yeah. i remember the hi-res version, might have to dig GT1 out just to see how bad the graphics really were.

Mugo
lol, oh yeah. i remember the hi-res version, might have to dig GT1 out just to see how bad the graphics really were.

If you play it on your PS2 and alter the graphics and load speed it doesn't look that bad and the gameplay is awesome.

I bought it last night because it was 2 dollars and i lost my copy and i had 2 dollars in change from Doom3 so I was like aight ill cop it and im more addicted to it then GT4 now...=/

uberkid86
I bought it last night because it was 2 dollars and i lost my copy and i had 2 dollars in change from Doom3 so I was like aight ill cop it and im more addicted to it then GT4 now...=/

That doesn't say a lot for GT4. Whats Doom3 like?

Back