Who still plays GT1??

• Thread starter f1king
  • 240 comments
liam2maps
Why waste your money on a Viper or TVR when the 400R does the job :P

Plus you win a race mod version anyways in the game.

And you win the 400R in the game anyway, so you don't have to spend any money to compete and win in that series. Still there is the thrill of driving both the TVR and Viper in that series with 'normal' tires and keeping them on the track.

benzino
GT1 was a classic. It still is.
GT2 was even better. It still is.
GT3 was a disappointment. It still is.
GT4.....?

Okay, I'll dig. Why is GT3 a disappointment?

Last edited:
The funny thing about those games is that they were the BEST Racing games of there times, Lol! Outside of the GT series, What's better than the "Disappointing GT3"?

HYBRIDLVR
The funny thing about those games is that they were the BEST Racing games of there times, Lol! Outside of the GT series, What's better than the "Disappointing GT3"?

I don't think anything matches any of the GT games, yes the graphics are better but the realism and the gameplay are outstanding.

Well, there are plenty of arcade games that have equal or better quality than some of the Gran Turismo games, but can you customize your car in them with several hundred thousand credits worth of parts? No. Can you spend hours buying parts for them and trying them out on a racetrack, checking out the effect each modification has on your performance? No. Will you be bothered by some snot-nosed kid who wants to play a game after you're done? Maybe, but it won't cost you any quarters!

That's the beauty of Gran Turismo 1, 2, or 3...you can play it at home!!

I was at a bar a few hours ago and I saw a Lancia Stratos on the TV screen. The sound was down and I kept watching the TV. Soon, they were showing the Alitalia (sp?) Stratos rally car racing around. And then, I saw the PS2 / Sony logo and got a clue. I had no idea I was watching a GT4 commercial! That's how real it looked to me.

Last edited:
Resident0
Im playing my GT1 right now, i do love it so...

I have GT2 sitting in a box next to me, but i want to get 100% again on GT1, don't ask why!

WHY? WHY? WHY? Put yourself through the pain of playing the first one again when you have, sorry might have the ultimate and best game to grace this doomed planet please reply , so we can try and sort out your head and get you out of this jam about redoing the already done. Number 1 out

NoQuarter
Nice segue into the GTP, Number 1. :rolleyes:

Plan on staying long?

Number 1 is really a promotions rep for Sony, just doing his job making sure his company can grab all the available cash GT4 will generate. Haha just joking.

number 1
WHY? WHY? WHY? Put yourself through the pain of playing the first one again when you have, sorry might have the ultimate and best game to grace this doomed planet please reply , so we can try and sort out your head and get you out of this jam about redoing the already done. Number 1 out

For a sence of accomplishment.

number 1
Hey, you should be able to finish GT1 (all arcade unlocked, and all races won in sim mode) in only twenty-four hours of playing time.

that was a joke regarding his awesomeness...since he claims to be number one, but in all reality he is number zero...

XVII
that was a joke regarding his awesomeness...since he claims to be number one, but in all reality he is number zero...

Ahh I see Earth humour. In asnwer to your other question, no I didn't really understand what he was trying to say either.

yeah I play GT1, it's a great game in its own right and there is no reason not to play it. even now, when i have GT4 in a mere 2 days, i'm still playing GT1 because it's so damn good. it somehow has a certain feel too it that was missing in GT2 and was partially back in GT3. you just gotta love those graphics...pure nostalgia!

and yes GT4 will rule supreme, GT1 will always remain special!

One problem is that if you play GT1 too much, you can reinforce a bunch of bad driving habits that get you into trouble in GT4.

hmm, i really have to disagree with that, when i start to play GT1 i approach the driving totalt different that Prologue ( dont have GT4), and act accordingly. i do know what you mean however, but it just comes down to how conscious one is when driving, i do everything with a reason when it comes to driving, i dont chuck the car into a corner, i know the physics model of GT1 and do what it can handle, and when playing Prologue i have a totally different way of tackling the physics. but it makes sense ;)

hehe still got it in the bookshelf somewhere eating dust its weird looking at the back of the cover of GT1. In those days, those graphics where absoloutly stunning especially with the light reflecting off the cars, now days its like comparing Altered Beast on Sega Megadrive (Genisis) to a game like Crash Bandicoot on psx :indiff: :nervous: even this section of the forum feels very retro and eerie anyone feel the same? :)

dimi108
hehe still got it in the bookshelf somewhere eating dust its weird looking at the back of the cover of GT1. In those days, those graphics where absoloutly stunning especially with the light reflecting off the cars, now days its like comparing Altered Beast on Sega Megadrive (Genisis) to a game like Crash Bandicoot on psx :indiff: :nervous: even this section of the forum feels very retro and eerie anyone feel the same? :)

Not really, I enjoy playing GT better than any of the other games!!!! I haven't got GT4 yet...

dimi108
even this section of the forum feels very retro and eerie anyone feel the same? :)

I always picture the GT1 and GT2 forums to be big, empty rooms. Kinda like the type of rooms you see in hotels where they hold business seminars and trekkie conventions. All the booths are still there, in the corner sits a leftover punch bowl full of discarded napkins, but there are still tons of info and brochures still lying around for anyone to read. Occasionally a fellow such as myself or TMM or JMAC, etc. moseys thru and leaves a note for others to read in a booth. Sportwagon is the spiritual father of the GT1 convention room. He's left behind a huge book for us to read (his website). Since there's no moderator hardly in GT1 & 2, I get the feeling that someone could start a fire and it would be up to us to put it out.

The GT3 forum has the same feel to it: except it's like a REALLY big empty room and the party just ended. From the ceiling, there are still streamers and banners hanging everywhere, on the floor is tons of clutter and paper plates with crumbs are all over. Somebody is lying face down in a sheet cake, passed out from too much tequila. The band is tearing their stuff down and the janitor is late!

GT4 is where the party's at, and it's going non-stop 24/7!!

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
I always picture the GT1 and GT2 forums to be big, empty rooms. Kinda like the type of rooms you see in hotels where they hold business seminars and trekkie conventions. All the booths are still there, in the corner sits a leftover punchbowl full of discarded napkins, but there are still tons of info and brochures still lying around for anyone to read. Occasionally a fellow such as myself or TMM or JMAC, etc. moseys thru and leaves a note for others to read in a booth. Sportwagon is the spiritual father of the GT1 convention room. He's left behind a huge book for us to read (his website). Since there's no moderator hardly in GT1 & 2, i get the feeling that someone could start a fire and it would be up to us to put it out.

The GT3 forum has the same feel to it: except it's like a REALLY big empty room and the party just ended. From the ceiling, there are still streamers and banners hanging everywhere, on the floor is tons of clutter and paper plates with crumbs are all over. Somebody is lying face down in a sheet cake, passed out from too much tequilla. The band is tearing their stuff down and the janitor is late!

GT4 is where the party's at, and it's going non-stop 24/7!!

Your description is spot-on, You obviously had been there, done that ( lying face down in a sheet cake, passed out from too much tequilla. )

What I dislike about GT1 is that I bought it for 130 Guilders (about 60 euros) back then, and now I run into a GT1 + some other ****ty game bundled together for only 10 euros.

AFAIK, you can't get GT1 new anymore in North America. Only used. And EBGames apparently only gives you a one-dollar trade-in value for it. So I'm surprised anybody bothers.

Oh, does anyone know whether a used Renault Megane can win the French Championshipseries in the European Hall?

Oops. Sorry. Wrong party room! :lol:

And it's a shame about the price. If you take the DeLorean in GT4 to the Las Vegas Drag Strip, and arrange to cross the finish line while going exactly 88mph, then you will be transported back to 1998 so you can give yourself a cheap copy of GT1. :lol:

Biased turkey
Your description is spot-on, You obviously had been there, done that ( lying face down in a sheet cake, passed out from too much tequilla. )

Yup! And you're the one who didn't drink 'cause the lager was too cold :)

Last edited:
How sad, like the Marie Silest... The ship that is empty that keeps sailing the world, my spelling is bad... Time to move on...

TMM
How sad, like the Marie Silest... The ship that is empty that keeps sailing the world, my spelling is bad... Time to move on...
Marie Celeste, as in "celestial". Apparently the real-life one was the "Mary Celeste". See . . .

http://www.maryceleste.net/part1.htm
http://www.maryceleste.net/part2.htm

Do not confuse with www dot celestemarie dot com. ;)

I only remarked on the spelling because TMM seemed to express some interest in finding the correct spelling.

Latest Posts

Back