Votes: 342 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 5.5%
  • Will await independent post-release reviews

Votes: 110 21.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 29 5.7%

• Total voters
Not buy not to buy...who cares...buy whatever you want but one thing is sure...more you have more you enjoy. I have tons of racing games between arcade and simulators on my PC and PS3 and if some are really really bad as NFS Shift 2 for example (because i have the first and didn´t like it at all) i stop buying it.

But come on GT5 is not bad at all. It still is one of the best and "most complete" racing game in the market.

But as i said in other comment PD needs to change several things in the game and features that we want. Realistic engine sounds is a must at least for me, more real tracks with variations and full day/night cycles (as any simulator on PC), customization + livery editor for having better leagues/championships with personalized teams/cars will be great.
The basics of any simulator...great physics, "realism" at driving, great car list, tracks, tracks and tracks!

pCARS... i am full member and i am going to get the full version of the game at release with exclusive cars.
I have rFactor 2 beta and of course final release. Planning to buy GTR 3 because it is one of the best games overall. (at least if it follows GTR2 with great engine sounds, FIA GT cars, mods, great tracks, realistic regulations/flags/pit stops, weather, great AI, realistic racing license tests, championships,etc...oh and fun to play of course)

As i said...the most the better. I´ll be getting GT6.

Wow, pCARS looks amazing. Will not look like the screenshots on a PS3 ofc. I think I'll join them to play the latest build though.

Sorry off topic...

On topic: If pCARS is as good as it seems I'm not buying GT6 :D

Not out for at least another year though, FYI.

There's 92 pages to catch up on, but it's FULL of hope for the PS3 sim racing fan.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214037

I sold Shift 1&2 to a buddy for $20 to buy the first GT5 DLC.

Thank you for the link! 👍

Not out for at least another year though, FYI.

Oh, the site suggest they're close to release :) Well so much for that then.
I think I'll join them now though. I have a fast mac that might should able to run the builds they release (on windows).

Thank you for the link! 👍

Oh, the site suggest they're close to release :) Well so much for that then.
I think I'll join them now though. I have a fast mac that might should able to run the builds they release (on windows).
Next year, March is what they have their eyes set on. I THINK.

The target release date is still Summer 2013 AFAIK. I think you'll see once you play a current build they're no where near finished yet. :)

The target release date is still Summer 2013 AFAIK. I think you'll see once you play a current build they're no where near finished yet. :)

Can't wait :)
Now why does it take my bank so long to send me that credit card!?

Sorry guys, for the thread hijack.

On topic: Still not sure if I will buy GT6 :P

If you can invest at least €25, that way you get weekly builds and access to two of the best tracks, point to point road courses.

I'm not overly impressed by GT5, don't get me wrong it has it's good points but they are evenly matched by the bad ones. However, I am not going to be a hypocrite and say I won't buy GT6 because I will, I have bought every GT game previous so why not? I didn't rate GT3 either, didn't stop me buying GT4.

If you can invest at least €25, that way you get weekly builds and access to two of the best tracks, point to point road courses.

I was thinking either €45 or €100. €45 and then getting the game when it is released is (almost) a no-brainer for me, although I would like to know whether or not you can choose your platform when the time comes.
The €100 would be because I like the project and wouldn't mind supporting it a bit more. Still in doubt though.

On Topic: Still not sure if I would buy GT6

will buy it only if these 2 requirements are fulfilled:
- PS3 release, unless somehow the PS4 is a better system than the next xbox (very unlikely) as I'm not buying the next generation's three consoles.
- Achieves at least a 9/10 in metacritic. GT5's user score is a 7.5.

iLex
Indeed! I just saw that. Didn't know they were going to release on PS3 too. It is made by the same people who made Shift though...

Well but they made Real sims too. The Game Looks promising.
I mean Real Sims Not like Forza or GT ;)

I dont know if i buy GT6. I want informations about the Game first and the competition.
The Console or metacritics wouldn't interest me.

Last edited:
I'm buying it, maybe not on the release date since games here are way to expensive when released.
I don't mind if the game is not so good, I've played GT since the first game and I'm still here, call me a fanboy or whatever you want but i truly support PD, they made great games in the past and I still have the hopes we'll have something good again.
Obviously I play other games as well, but GT will still be my #1

I'm not sure, even if it is a PS3 release. If it is released for the PS4 I will not buy. I bought all 3 consoles this gen and will not make that mistake again this time (planning on building a gaming PC and buying the next-gen xbox). I have bought all the GT games beside Gran Turismo 1 and I want to stay loyal but PD is falling behind to other racing games/sims. I have played a lot of the racing games on the market and I feel like GT5 is a game that came out in 2008 or 2009. It seems like they are stuck in the past. I'm planning on buying racing games like Project Cars, rFactor 2,and Assetto Corsa.

I hope it's released for the PS3, then I may buy it.

will buy it only if these 2 requirements are fulfilled:
- PS3 release, unless somehow the PS4 is a better system than the next xbox (very unlikely) as I'm not buying the next generation's three consoles.
- Achieves at least a 9/10 in metacritic. GT5's user score is a 7.5.

The ps4 isn't released yet. There's no details of it's specs (I don't think), just rumors, while some other articles stated the next xbox document article is legit. I know the next xbox specs looks good, but we don't know what kind of system Sony will release.

shurnster
The ps4 isn't released yet. There's no details of it's specs (I don't think), just rumors, while some other articles stated the next xbox document article is legit. I know the next xbox specs looks good, but we don't know what kind of system Sony will release.

The Xbox document is 2 years Old and the Spec were or target specs from MS if the document was from MS.

That's means the document show what MS planend for the Xbox 2 years ago. 2 years are a Long Time in the industrie. The Specs can and will After they're leaked change.

A Developer Said "there is no Way the Xbox will be called 'Xbox 720'.

Well but they made Real sims too. The Game Looks promising.
I mean Real Sims Not like Forza or GT ;)
*snip*

Which ones did they make? I only see shift 1 and 2 on their site and on the WMD site there is a mention of BMW M3 Challenge (which I don't know). Did you mean the latter?
We're talking about Slightly Mad Studios right?

Which ones did they make? I only see shift 1 and 2 on their site and on the WMD site there is a mention of BMW M3 Challenge (which I don't know). Did you mean the latter?
We're talking about Slightly Mad Studios right?

As Slightly Mad nothing else but many of the staff come from Simbin IIRC.

As Slightly Mad nothing else but many of the staff come from Simbin IIRC.

Thanks. Didn't know that.
Can't say simbin made/makes 'Real Sims Not like Forza or GT', though, but that's another discussion (and not one directed at you :) ). At least those sims are better than Shift in my opinion.

Polyphony Digital has a history of coming back and hitting hard after a disappointment.

Gran Turismo 2 was launched incomplete and with bugs, alot like GT5. But they came back with GT3 and blew everyone away.

GT5 was launched incomplete and with bugs. I have a feeling they are going to come back and hit us hard with an amazing Gran Turismo 6.

I'm expecting to see GT6 at E3 2013. I think the graphics alone will blow everyone away and if this poll was made then it would be quite different

Earth
Polyphony Digital has a history of coming back and hitting hard after a disappointment.

Gran Turismo 2 was launched incomplete and with bugs, alot like GT5. But they came back with GT3 and blew everyone away.

GT5 was launched incomplete and with bugs. I have a feeling they are going to come back and hit us hard with an amazing Gran Turismo 6.

I'm expecting to see GT6 at E3 2013. I think the graphics alone will blow everyone away and if this poll was made then it would be quite different

I agree with you. But the graphics can't blow everyone away if the Game is a PS3 game. pCARS on PC has better graphics :)
The PS3 can't handle them in my opinion.

ProjectCARS will be released on PS3 too. It will be a Great competition between pCARS and GT.

Gt5 is No doubt fun..... but thats mainly to due with I just enjoy competitive racing... that's all there is to it. Yet, i refuse to ignore all else, because the physics are good. The game constantly screams incomplete and every so often I find other things in the game that irritates me. Will I buy GT6? More than likely, but I wont rush into it. Releasing with glitches and bugs is one thing.... Releasing with glitches, bugs, and a game that feels 45% complete is on another level of low.

When I want fancy, flashy stuff I play Shift 2. When I want some good physics, I play GT5. Just so happens these days that I tend more towards flashiness.

Haters gonna hate.

I've bought every GT game there was. If I want real physics, I play GT5. If I want crash physics, I play Shift 2. I take whatever car I want, got to Quick Race, pick that oval track which is pretty small, and set it to 25 laps. The amount of carnage is unbelievable.

As for GT6, I'm going to wait. I might get it a couple of months later, or a couple of years later when DLC comes in a package like GT5 XL.

Probably after HUGE price drop. In my country GT5 cost between 500-600 DDK in my country at launch. Aaand if it releases at PS4, count another couple of years on that time. PS4 is probably gonna cost a good 2500-3500 DDK here in Denmark at launch.

Back