Votes: 342 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 5.5%
  • Will await independent post-release reviews

Votes: 110 21.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 29 5.7%

• Total voters
As I mentioned in the "Standards in GT6" thread, if GT6 has any "standard" cars, I will not buy the game. So he needs to either delete 800 cars from the game, or convert 800 cars to premium. Or some sort of happy medium. But if there are standard cars, I wont be supporting GT6. I actually havent even supported GT5. I didnt buy it, it was a christmas present. The last GT game I purchased was GT4. I do play GT5, but havent supported it with any of my money.

Definitely gonna buy it. Just not on the 1st day though. Maybe after a few weeks...

I'm expecting GT6 to not give away credits like it did in GT5 with all the seasonal events. There is a more rewarding feeling when you are gonna buy that insanely expensive LMP car with your hard earned credits than with "giveaway credits" in GT5. It seems like a lot of gamers today are lazy.

WHO WONT ?! Damn this game is gonna be so good.
Gran Turismo made me to the person I am now... Since my childhood Im playing this game and Im never full of it ! Take this as an example other games ! Gran turismo is a game you can play for ages. I can remember the first time playing GT1, my dad bought it with a PsOne toghether and I didnt like it too much, but as I started practising I became better and better... I completed the game , I never wouldve thought I could end this game as it looked so incredibly loaded ! When I remember back in time I always think of Gran turismo , it was the best experience in my life. Thank you Kaz !
I will always buy this game, no matter if it still has standard cars or anything bad.

I really don't care as I'm going to buy this anyways.
All I'm asking for is a realistic number of cars and not 400 Cars and 600 different Versions of them.

I don't get why they put in cars, that just distinguish in Year of Make or a special paint. That's just nonsense. I'd rather have much less cars and them as premium as so many same cars.

As I mentioned in the GT6 Standards thread, if GT6 has any "standard" cars, I will not buy the game. So he needs to either delete 800 cars from the game, or convert 800 cars to premium. Or some sort of happy medium. But if there are standard cars, I wont be supporting GT6.

To be fair, I imagine if Standards are dropped for GT6 - and I'm of the opinion they should be, too - we will suffer a few casualties (the Subaru Alcyone SVX and 90's Mazda Cosmo are two I remember from the PS1 days that never saw PS2). But of the 800+ Standards, a large swath of them can be dealt with simply with consolidation (we don't need a '99 and a '00 GT-R, complete with the '99 and '00 GT-R V-Spec too), or in many other cases, already having a solid base in the form of an existing Premium to "rebuild" the Standard.

Between chopping down the near-duplicates and that above-mentioned Premium-base approach, I'd estimate that somewhere between 50 to 75 percent of the existing Standard garage could be converted by summer 2013. This is just guess-work, of course, and doesn't take into account an area where PD badly needs to focus (the newer 2011+ models, important older models still not represented in-game like the E30), but I do thoroughly believe GT5 was a one-off for Standards.

At least, I hope so, because there'd need to be almost no other issues with a GT6 on PS3 for me to consider making it a first-day purchase.

I think for many cars will be the deciding factor... As the series have gone on, Nissan role have become too big a part of the game. PD is spending way too much time with 100 different premium versions of Nissan's. For me, the cars and tracks will be the deciding factor...... No premium Supra, DC2, Datsun 510, 280Z, EG civic hatchback, DBS...... pretty ridiculous, guess we will wait and see..... don't own forza but, from what I have seen they have the edge on cars

To be fair, I imagine if Standards are dropped for GT6 - and I'm of the opinion they should be, too - we will suffer a few casualties (the Subaru Alcyone SVX and 90's Mazda Cosmo are two I remember from the PS1 days that never saw PS2). But of the 800+ Standards, a large swath of them can be dealt with simply with consolidation (we don't need a '99 and a '00 GT-R, complete with the '99 and '00 GT-R V-Spec too), or in many other cases, already having a solid base in the form of an existing Premium to "rebuild" the Standard.

Between chopping down the near-duplicates and that above-mentioned Premium-base approach, I'd estimate that somewhere between 50 to 75 percent of the existing Standard garage could be converted by summer 2013. This is just guess-work, of course, and doesn't take into account an area where PD badly needs to focus (the newer 2011+ models, important older models still not represented in-game like the E30), but I do thoroughly believe GT5 was a one-off for Standards.

At least, I hope so, because there'd need to be almost no other issues with a GT6 on PS3 for me to consider making it a first-day purchase.

Thats a great point and a point that we have been making for many years with the GT series. We dont need 50 versions of the Skyline or other similar cars. Take a couple base models and allow us to pick a vinyl group or body kit to make the other cars. We dont need that many of the same car.

Its a product we know nothing about..... so I'll be waiting, not so much for reviews, but for more information leading up to release.

Its a product we know nothing about..... so I'll be waiting, not so much for reviews, but for more information leading up to release.
Even right before GT5 was released we hardly knew anything about the game. We didnt find out the confirmation of the standards until what a few weeks before the game came out when Amar got the game. So you are right, we have a LONG way to go until anything is confirmed. Even when members had early copies, we were still in denial about the standards and especially the damage modeling.

Remember the rumors that you had to hit a certain level before damage unlocked? :lol: Oh sheesh so many problems with this GT5 and we were in such denial even after it came out. Even teased us with E3 trailers showing massive damage with doors opening and hoods, which was only delivered on a few cars out of 1,000. Massive false advertisement. :ill:

...I have to say that I will buy it.

I mean, GT5 was the first GT that I bought since GT1, and I loved it. In saying that though, it was the first racing game I had bought in years! :lol: So I didn't have much to compare it to.

Though...I remember thinking something was wrong when I read the GT5 IGN review before I went to work. I was due to pick the game up later that day after work, but the score was an 8.5/10. I didn't have time to read what constituted that score, but it kinda hung over me all day.

I kept wondering how IGN could dare to give GT5, the "second coming" of the racing genre, a simply "good" score. I was expecting a 9.0, or even a 9.5. But an 8.5? "Didn't D!RT score higher than that?" I wondered. I was certainly worried that the game wasn't all that it was meant to be.

And it wasn't. I'll admit it. It was a damn good game, my favorite racer to date in fact (Even after playing Forza 4.) But did it turn the genre on it's head like it's predecessors did? Did it set a new path for all other racers to follow?

Of course not.

And even if GT6 doesn't set the series back on track, I'll still get it, albeit maybe not as hastily. Although I really hope that it will. I don't want the racing genre to be without a leader, a title to say, "From now on, you all do things my way."

Even Forza, the highest rated racer this generation, can't be that game. It's just not "brave" enough for it. Yes, it'll introduce small innovations like autovista, but no racer will ever set the standard like GT once did.

And I really hope the next game to do it will be GT6.

I´ll only buy it if:

all cars are Premium
more european cars
Porsche.

Otherwise, i´ll have to think about it

And some us have decided to be smart with our money and won't automatically buy something just because it says "Gran Turismo" on it.

What idiot wouldn't buy the game if they're on this gtplanet forum for god's sake
This might blow your mind, but not everyone on the forum automatically bends over and pulls out their wallet every time PD does something. There are members who have been here just a bit longer than you have who didn't even buy GT5! Shocker, I know.

Toronado
This might blow your mind, but not everyone on the forum automatically bends over and pulls out their wallet every time PD does something. There are members who have been here just a bit longer than you have who didn't even buy GT5! Shocker, I know.

Aside from a few dlc's and possibly prologue and TT PD has only done "something" 5 times. If you are a fan of the series I don't get not buying it. Might as well go play Halo!

I voted Yes.

I want that game on PS3. I am not ready for PS4 yet as I don't want to buy a new console. I'm still having fun with the one I have.

Aside from a few dlc's and possibly prologue and TT PD has only done "something" 5 times.
That's wonderful (it's actually been quite a bit more than that, but whatever). So?

If you are a fan of the series I don't get not buying it.
Because you can be a fan of something without handing your bank account information over to the people who made it for automatic withdrawal each time they make something else. Each title of this series stands on its own merit, and if someone wants to hold off on buying the game after a bad experience with GT5 (or because they think it will be a PS4 title, or if they've switched over to Forza, or whatever) then I'm struggling to see how that invalidates them as a fan of the series.

Might as well go play Halo!
Because that... makes... sense...

Last edited:
i probably won't buy it if it's on PS4... i just can't afford the $$$$ to keep up... will rather spend the $$$ tinkering on the RL car... consoles sure are expensive nowadays

I'll buy it if its a marked improvement on GT5. But if it is due in 2013 then i'll be saving up with every penny i have to buy a PS4, probably with DriveClub.

i probably won't buy it if it's on PS4... i just can't afford the $$$$ to keep up... will rather spend the $$$ tinkering on the RL car... consoles sure are expensive nowadays

Looks like its not going to be icon PS4 ;)

I'm going to wait and see how it turns out, I may skip out on it this time. I've bought every GT first day and GT5 killed the possibility of happening again. I finally caved and got an Xbox in january to try out Forza and have been enjoying it, game play is great. Sadly with GT5 i had to be bored out of my mind to play.

I actually enjoyed GT5... a lot, and I still play it today. GT6?

I don't know. If it's on the PS4, I'll have to scrape what I can get to be able to afford it and that'll take some time.

Everybody in this thread will buy gt6. No matter how hard you gyus complain. It will be awesome, the game we wanted gt 5 to be.

PletdeKoe
Everybody in this thread will buy gt6. No matter how hard you gyus complain. It will be awesome, the game we wanted gt 5 to be.

I think you need to stop telling people what they will do if gt6 is not up to scratch then as a consumer I wont buy it.

Back