Votes: 342 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 5.5%
  • Will await independent post-release reviews

Votes: 110 21.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 29 5.7%

• Total voters
Everybody in this thread will buy gt6. No matter how hard you gyus complain. It will be awesome, the game we wanted gt 5 to be.

Wow...your insight should be used on a larger scale, surely you could solve problems on a bigger scale than "everyone here will buy GT6". You could solve world hunger with your fortune telling.

Sarcasm aside...still sitting here waiting to see what reviews it will get when ever it gets here.

If you hadn't yet noticed, people are trying other games.

GT3 sold the most copies ever, partly because it was the anticiapted return of the series on a new console (PS2) and also because it was BUNDLED with the PS2 consoles for quite some time.

GT sales have not grown since GT3, they've dropped off:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

GT3: 14mil

GT4: 11mil

GT5: 7mil

Of course, these are still HUGE numbers, but there's a steady decline. Other games are emerging and remaining VERY current. Maybe GT is the ONLY series for you. That would be a bit sad. I hope that's not the case for you, a racing/car enthusiast.
"CC" are you reading a different list than I? You are quoted as saying GT5 sold 7million copies but, according to the website that you have provided it has information that states GT5's year-to-date sales are globally near that of the first title of Gran Turismo 10.7m. In fact that is not far off pace of GT4.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Depends from trophy set, if there will be some ridiculous online or tied to purchasing cars for real cash then ill rather play on PS4 all the way

Dont yoy guys ever get tired of arguing over fm4 and gt5? I sure as hell get tired of reading it lol.
I dont even want to imagine what this place will be like when pcars release next year.

OT
No doubt.
I love the passionate fans of each series. Its funny how the fans of one like to insult the other by using the ULTIMATE dirty word FANBOY when in fact they are speaking of themselves. If you are a sim racing fan like myself and unbiased and all you wont to do is have some fun on your downtime, get both if you can and compare and enjoy for yourself. That's the beauty of GT6 being on PS3, minimal investment.

I Pre ordered it. Having a C7 and an SRT Viper GTS in the same game with Willow Springs also in is reason enough. So many more reasons I can nail down for me wanting this game. It's also possibly the last interesting PS3 game in my book.

i can't find a better way entertainment hour per dollar to spend my $60. Just based on what we already know i will get my money out of it and have a blast. I have played every single GT game to at least %90 completion.(I'm a casual compared to a lot of folks here). Like the Elder scrolls, or a valve game Gran Turismo is one of the safest bets in gaming.

Im not getting it at release, ill wait and see if the game has any technical issues and how good the A Spec is. After GT5, you can't really blame me for being careful.

"CC" are you reading a different list than I? You are quoted as saying GT5 sold 7million copies but, according to the website that you have provided it has information that states GT5's year-to-date sales are globally near that of the first title of Gran Turismo 10.7m. In fact that is not far off pace of GT4.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That comment that I had written, and that you have just quoted, was from June 2, 2012. So yea, that's why the numbers appear skewed.

Yet, the point still stands. GT5 (10,660,000 copies) is still over 1 MILLION behind GT4 (11,730,000 copies). I have no doubts GT6 sales will NOT exceed GT5's sales. The downward trend should continue very easily.

That comment that I had written, and that you have just quoted, was from June 2, 2012. So yea, that's why the numbers appear skewed.

Yet, the point still stands. GT5 (10,660,000 copies) is still over 1 MILLION behind GT4 (11,730,000 copies). I have no doubts GT6 sales will NOT exceed GT5's sales. The downward trend should continue very easily.

You may be correct, and GT6 won't sell as many copies as GT5. But there's one important point you're not taking into consideration: Sony sold approximately 150,000,000 PS2 units since it's introduction. By Comparison, they've only sold about 80,000,000 PS3 units, roughly half as many. So it stands to reason that popular titles on the PS2 would have sold more copies than popular titles on the PS3, because there were almost twice as many PS2 consoles in use during the time GT3/4 were being sold, as there were PS3 consoles during the time GT5/6 are being sold.

I planned to get the other exclusive but it looks like MS had more influence that T10 so that saved me a hefty sum... So GT 6 is a given.

All the even numbered GT games (second on platform) seem to live up better to the hype and vision anyway. I would be more cautious about gt7 than gt6.

Oh, and I can use my wheels...

I probably won't be buying GT6. Getting it would require moving my PS3 to a different room or buying a second PS3. I don't see GT6 justifying this, though the coursemaker is tempting.

I think we would all agree that it's too early to properly answer this question.

BUT, based off of GT5's launch and disappointment, I believe many of us will take a good look at GT6 reviews before rushing to stores to pick it up.

You got to remember, other racing sims exist and do things better than GT. And GT does things well that other sims don't. However, it's no longer 1998. GT is not the only racer on the market. Competition is good. Hopefully, Project CARS will spark PD to move their behinds.

GT needs a rival on its own platform.

For some people (including me) GT is a religion, and I bought GT5 because of the feeling of been playing a new GT, on PS3! Like you know, GT isn't just a racing game, it has it own style, the "Kaz Style". And not only that, you can see and feel been back in the '90s, playing GT or GT2, or even GT3 or GT4. That's what GT means for it fans, If GT6 has bad scores with the reviews (something that I don't believe), I'll buy it, just like a I did with GT5.

Project CARS can be more realistic than GT, with better graphics and sounds, but never will give me the nostalgia that GT gives me.

Remember the "START" sound? ;)

I wouldn't be buying GT6 if Xbox One supported Fanatec. But since MS decided to screw their wheel users, I'm done with them.

I played GT5 for about 4 months until I lost interest due to no leaderboards. We'll see how long GT6 lasts.

I won't be, because my friends are buying for me collectively :D (they all lost a bet, lol)

I will be waiting about 1 month or so before playing it though, just letting PD patch all the problems that are sure to arise while, hopefully, they'll add things like correct engine sounds.

You know, in a patch of a patch, for a patch... 'dawg.

Ok thanks for clearing it up.. We'll have to see how this one performs and what they expect as far as sales considering coinciding release of PS4. I expect the numbers to continue to decrease slightly.

I didn't want to, but considering Wardez wants to do a special "First Impressions Podcast" for the game the day after launch, I kind of had to.

I didn't want to, but considering Wardez wants to do a special "First Impressions Podcast" for the game the day after launch, I kind of had to.
iWDgPM1qOpCkO.jpg

We all knew you was gonna get it regardless.

Back