Who would like a daily race available with no penalties?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CliveH
  • 47 comments
  • 2,290 views
Messages
85
United Kingdom
Forest Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne
Perhaps giving people the option to go into a daily race where they can be wild and not worry about penalties would solve the problem for others who do care about driving with respect.
 
98974-destruction-derby-playstation-front-cover.jpg
 
lol yep that sort of idea :-)
 
Maybe if there was something else in place for bad racers takinf advantage. Such as ghosting before an impact or respawns if someone cut the track. Failing that there always gtav for racing.

Edit: my idea would apply to sport mode, not lobbies.
 
Last edited:
It would ruin everyone's DR and SR so those would have to be removed from these races as well.

And I'm not really interested, it would be breeding grounds for dirty players which would eventually scrub off to the other races, plus this game is not good at simulating damage physics
 
Maybe if there was something else in place for bad racers takinf advantage. Such as ghosting before an impact or respawns if someone cut the track. Failing that there always gtav for racing.
If you actually want genuine racing with no penalties then I'm sure you can find lobbies with these settings? I gathered the OP was looking for bumper cars for the fun of it.
 
If you actually want genuine racing with no penalties then I'm sure you can find lobbies with these settings? I gathered the OP was looking for bumper cars for the fun of it.
Maybe but id assume many people may be like me and not bother with going in lobbies. Im thinking kaz would think that bumper cars aint in the spirit of the ol gran turismo thing
 
I'm pretty sure it would look a lot like this... this is not fun.


Revenge racing would be at a premium. I dont know if being blown up is fun though, as i have never tried it. Definitely doesnt look it.
 
I've seen a few lobbies with 'Dirty Racing' in the title. I groan and check the member list, just so I can put them in my little black book.

GTA V is the best dirty racing game that ever existed, if you're in the mood for some bashing, just fire up GTA.

Just make sure to send player chat to an unused earphone. There is nothing worse than getting beaten up by a 5 year old, at least if you can't hear them, you can pretend they are at least over 18.
 
In the the lobbies you can set ghosting to strong and any time you blow a corner or you are about to hit another player your car ghost every time.
Just turn on this feature and no one will get negative DR/SR. If you can go the whole race without ghosting you get a very small bump in SR. If you can get consecutive races without ghosting you get a very small bump in DR.
It could be used as a good learning tool for beginners and a place for others to mess around. But the gains in DR/SR would not be great enough to impact the other races.
 
In the the lobbies you can set ghosting to strong and any time you blow a corner or you are about to hit another player your car ghost every time.
You can also overtake others by just driving through them :lol: I tend to stay away from lobbies with heavy ghosting because of this :boggled:
 
I gathered the OP was looking for bumper cars for the fun of it.

I think he's on the wrong game then :sly:

Edit; Seriously though, I do get it - sometimes I'm too tired, or don't have the time to sink into practice, don't want to get the wheel out, whatever, loads of reasons -but I'll fire up Dirt instead and do some Rallycross 👍

Hmmm, how good would a Rallycross DLC be? (Without SR, probably)
 
Last edited:
You can also overtake others by just driving through them :lol: I tend to stay away from lobbies with heavy ghosting because of this :boggled:

Yeah you can do that too. :lol:
 
No penalties at all is a terrible idea.

The problem people are having is the sloppy implementation of this change.
 
I've seen a few lobbies with 'Dirty Racing' in the title. I groan and check the member list, just so I can put them in my little black book.

GTA V is the best dirty racing game that ever existed, if you're in the mood for some bashing, just fire up GTA.

Just make sure to send player chat to an unused earphone. There is nothing worse than getting beaten up by a 5 year old, at least if you can't hear them, you can pretend they are at least over 18.

Feel free to add me to your black list then.

I like to think I’m reasonably clean in the daily’s and my SR backs that up. The dirty lobbies are just for messing about, without the worry of ruining someone’s race. They’re a nice contrast to the other serious racing that takes place.
 
Hey OP if you wanna wind down from all the seriois racing just hit me up if you're gonna do a dirty lobby
I got a lag switch if you're not Asia Pacific :sly:
You can also overtake others by just driving through them :lol: I tend to stay away from lobbies with heavy ghosting because of this :boggled:
To be fair, I had a great race one time with heavy ghosting :lol: almost every straight we become one car
 
If you actually want genuine racing with no penalties then I'm sure you can find lobbies with these settings? I gathered the OP was looking for bumper cars for the fun of it.
What if they went the carnival/amusement park route with it? Coffee break 2.0: actual bumper cars! Use the infield of Northern Isle and stick a bunch of these in it:

Choosing-Where-to-Go-for-Kids-Bumper-Cars.jpg


Or this:

75d6bd9a62264d079fd910a6bdd619bd.jpg
 
There is a demand for something a bit different even if some of you choose to believe that or not. GT5 was a great example. Where you get into a room and the car and track change every race randomly. Not everyone wants to race competitively every time they play. Some people party and just like to have fun others like to wined down after a good night's racing.
Yes lobbies are a place for this but you can't always find what your looking for 90% of the time. A dedicated room for people to have a different kind of fun in would be ideal.
 
What would be the point? The idea of the daily races is based entirely upon the DR / SR system. If you want to smash into other kids then just make your own lobby.
 
It's a good idea. Races for dirty drivers, a destruction derby like. And good drivers in separate races.

The SR was created to do this => separate dirty drivers (SR E) and clean drivers (SR S), but we can see that even in SR S there are dirty drivers (why do they work hard to be SR S then playing like ****?).
 
Back