Why aren't premiums like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Machate-man
  • 69 comments
  • 5,184 views
Messages
2,191
United States
San Francisco,
Messages
machate-man
Messages
dowby
^^^Answer that after examining this:
This is how it's supposed to look.:drool:
Koenigsegg_24_3840.jpg

That isn't real:drool:

I recommend that you click to enlarge, as the detail is almost insanely real:scared:
 
Last edited:
Because there aren't Koeniggsegg's in GT5! Duhh :dopey:

When I meant "This isn't real", I meant that it's not a picture of the interior of a Koeniggsegg in real life, but good point:tup:
 
it's actually a picture released by PD way before GT5 came out :)
 
This may be sacrilege, but:

This looks on-par with forza 4's super-premiums:scared:
 
Because 2 discs would've been required for GT5.
 
that's amazing, and it's their "low poly" model :drool:
 
Because 2 discs would've been required for GT5.
Didn't GT2 come with 2 discs? Install with one, play with the other I believe it was?


Edit: +1 on Forza :lol:
 
Didn't GT2 come with 2 discs? Install with one, play with the other I believe it was?


Edit: +1 on Forza :lol:

No, Disc 1 was Arcade Mode. Disc 2 was GT Life Mode (GT Mode)
 
that's amazing, and it's their "low poly" model :drool:

Well, if you took the time to look at their other models-
cayenne_11_1220.jpg

subaru_impresa_01.jpg


Here's one for Rotary Junkie:
mazda_rx7_01.jpg


- they're a bit like 1/2 premiums, much like Forza 3's stuff.
 
Why aren't GT5 premiums like that Koenigsegg?

5371810825_9e392ffba5_z.jpg


I was under the impression that they're better than that.
 
You're saying premiums don't look real enough? What the Fu#%? They push the PS3s graphics to the limits. Let you know this is a video game, they can't look real, you'll always be able to tell the difference between the two.
 
You're saying premiums don't look real enough? What the :mad:? They push the PS3s graphics to the limits. Let you know this is a video game, they can't look real, you'll always be able to tell the difference between the two.

I do not wish to start anything. Please understand that I only wish to state my opinion and to share something related to GT5.
 
I believe that premium cars do not look like this because the PS3 simply couldn't handle it. And what's wrong with how incredible they look now?
 
I believe that premium cars do not look like this because the PS3 simply couldn't handle it. And what's wrong with how incredible they look now?

I'm just being annoying:sly:

OT, This is what GT5 could be if better hardware worked with the game.
 
I don't think Forza will look like these pics, coz I've just remember how the GT5 was supposed to look like around 6 ~ 7 years ago, when some pics preview was reliesed in the network.

IMO, it's not about how they look like, but the impresion that you get, playing the game.
 
I believe that premium cars do not look like this because the PS3 simply couldn't handle it. And what's wrong with how incredible they look now?

Hmmm... are we playing the same game? Nah... just teasing you :sly:. Still Shift 2 has better interiors - PC version. I am just spoiled by PC. First time I played GTA IV I was wondering where is the switch to turn on HD :dunce:. The same with GT5. Some premiums are just semi-premium :ouch:.

To be honest I would have gone with Forza 3 if it wasn't for the lack of BD in X360, lack of G25 support, paid online gaming, 9 of every 10 fat X360 having RRoD and scratching discs when working (to be honest I am on my 3rd PS3 - BD died on 1st one, 2nd was overheating after 20mins, 3rd one still works), region lock, being unable to change HD for not dedicated one and the list go on and I am limited to the number of signs in this post. I just like car selection in F3 better. Can't believe that we have dozens of premium Skylines (I didn't play GT4) and DeLorean is just standard. That's stupid.
 
Great stuff in the OP, (amazing in fact)... but I'd love to know how long it took to render each frame. I bet you couldn't do 60 of them in one second :D
 
It certainly looks nice, but would leave a tinny window open to the outside world. It takes almost half of the screen.
 
Back