Why aren't premiums like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Machate-man
  • 69 comments
  • 5,184 views
Very plasticy around the lower centre console and base of gearstick.
 
Great stuff in the OP, (amazing in fact)... but I'd love to know how long it took to render each frame. I bet you couldn't do 60 of them in one second :D

Actually, with the interior taking up most of the frame things are a lot easier for the machine to draw frames.
 
If the cockpit view would be brighter in GT5, I start to care about more details. At the moment it would be pointless because you could hardly see all those details.
 
I wish GT5 has this mode like in Forza 4... walk around, open doors, bonnet and stuff - this is what I miss from the game, the whole interaction with the cars and actually feeling like they belong to you...

And what's the point of this amazing detailed interior when you cannot look around... why cannot I look down in the cockpit? look at the seats and the centre console...

Please PD some interaction with the interior, not "aim the camera close to the car and it goes through and you can see the interior" cuz you can't see anything... :crazy:

So who would want to look around in the cockpit more freely as we know the detail is there and it's all done inside the car, just let us look around more freely when driving or a interior photo mode...
 
So...the first pic,Porsche, impreza and rx-7 from FM4?
 
The premiums in GT5 simply dont like that great because they are modelled after die-cast models,not real cars.
I often get the feeling im inside a plastic toy when i use the cockpit view so i try not to use it
 
Why aren't GT5 premiums like that Koenigsegg?

5371810825_9e392ffba5_z.jpg


I was under the impression that they're better than that.

because it would take 6 years to develop 1 car:tup:
 
First pic doesn't look very realistic to me.. You can actually see the poligons at the shifter's base. The carbon fiber texture looks out of scale. The lightning of the pedals and metalic parts is just off. Central console - can't put my finger on it, it's like the radio and the buttons are not actually on the console it self..
 
PS3 cant handle that kind of detail with several cars at once on track :p
And i want koenigsegg in gt5!
 
i wish that a blu-ray disc had a capacity of 1TB....👍
 
The premiums in GT5 simply dont like that great because they are modelled after die-cast models,not real cars.
I often get the feeling im inside a plastic toy when i use the cockpit view so i try not to use it
So you were in PD's studio when they were modeling the cars? :rolleyes: What the 🤬 ?
I think the premiums are great he way they are modeled now, but the thing is they don't model the inside of the car(like the whole engine ) Look at the Pagani Zonda R for example, They modeled the exhaust pipes but I can't see the engine, they didn't model it.
 
its a shame that the 458 italia that forza used for that picture was infact real hahahahahah.
 
Graphics is only one part of the tale guys. All the rest is gameplay.
 
Clearly they need to spend more time on gameply anyway. The premiums are good enough as is until the rest of the game improves to that level.
 
Today's games are emphasizing on graphics over game play, which is sad. PD fell into the same trap more or less, and I hope Turn 10 (don't flame me for saying what a neutral gamer says) won't.
 
Today's games are emphasizing on graphics over game play, which is sad. PD fell into the same trap more or less, and I hope Turn 10 (don't flame me for saying what a neutral gamer says) won't.

I would still have GT5 over forza, as GT5 is more fun:tup:
Forza just doesn't feel a great as a game. It turned into more of an electronic car museum:indiff:
 
Today's games are emphasizing on graphics over game play, which is sad. PD fell into the same trap more or less, and I hope Turn 10 (don't flame me for saying what a neutral gamer says) won't.
Not necessarily true. Kaz always emphasizes realism. Many features and such, he could have taken a shortcut.

I would still have GT5 over forza, as GT5 is more fun:tup:
Forza just doesn't feel a great as a game. It turned into more of an electronic car museum:indiff:
Well, GT5 is an electronic car museum. But, I'm with you. For some reason, I would choose 1 GT over 3 Forzas.
 
^^^Answer that after examining this:
This is how it's supposed to look.:drool:
Koenigsegg_24_3840.jpg

That isn't real:drool:

I recommend that you click to enlarge, as the detail is almost insanely real:scared:

Why aren't premiums like that? Because those pictures are static renders, created on high-end workstations. They don't have a colision model, they have no physics applied to them, they don't animate, they don't have to move, they don't have to appear on-screen with a dozen other car models - all of which have physics, colision models and AI applied to them - they don't have to do anything other than being a picture...
 
I don't think Forza will look like these pics, coz I've just remember how the GT5 was supposed to look like around 6 ~ 7 years ago, when some pics preview was reliesed in the network.

IMO, it's not about how they look like, but the impresion that you get, playing the game.

yea exactly. ive played since forza 1 on the xbox and it was fun as hell even though not looking good. Then forza 3 driving was just so utterly terrible and boring and filled with understeer imo.

and in gt5 the first gt ive ever played the driving is just so much more fun and interesting.
 
nordschleifec63photosh3ndjjpg19201080.png


Does this satisfy you?
 
nordschleifec63photosh3ndjjpg19201080.png


Does this satisfy you?

not bad just turn up the speed of the camera a little or just part the car then take a picture... it will all be clear even the tires. but good picture non the less
 
Hey! I love that picture. But that one has to be photoshopped or touched up just a bit. At least I've always thought that.

But it does satisfy me knowing it exists.
 
here are just a few i found.... really go look at the Realistic Photo thread...epic pictures...GT5 cars look great in photo mode or on the track... cant say that about forza. in GT5 if you understand how to take a picture they are great, shutter speed, and all the settings makes all the differance

5264910310_5f3fbd9e4e_b.jpg


ahrweiler-town-square-preview.jpg


original.jpg


GrandValleySpeedway_9.jpg
 
I have a bookmark folder of at least 100 photos and some galleries. I used to hunt them down like teh porno.

in GT5 if you understand how to take a picture they are great, shutter speed, and all the settings makes all the differance

That's one reason why the new FM4 vs GT5 comparison is so horrid. Second reason being every pic for GT5 was taken to show it at its absolute worse. They make every picture look amateurish and nasty looking. GTPlanet HAS to have a counter video because just like the AI comparison, this new comparison is fabricated to make GT5 look worse. It really does hurt.

Those photos you posted are gorgeous.

5375361189_89dc993976_o.jpg

clubmanstageroute52.jpg


I mean COME ON! For those who haven't seen the comparison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Q6h_eGj-E

Just realized the Ford GT in that is the standard version, just like the Jaguar XFR.
 
Last edited:
WHAT THE 🤬?!

A PS3 inside a car???????????!
 
Back