Why CSA is just ridiculous and should be banned for wheels

• Thread starter nuu1212
  • 425 comments
Actually do you think that man has the technology and is capable of sending someone to space and bringing them back, take a cruise missile and put it down an air shaft on a building from 1500 miles away does not possess the capability to to have technology that could steer a vehicle into a beginning of a skid without slowing such a vehicle down?

Actually the secret would be to having early detection that the vehicle was approaching a condition that a skid was likely and making adjustments at that point to prevent the skid from actually developing in the first place.

Similar technology is and has been in use for some time now in vehicle stability control more commonly found on all wheel drive SUV and crossover type of vehicles to lessen the chance of a vehicle rollover.

Steering using a fly by wire system and having no mechanical connection between the steering wheel and steering box or rack again is currently not so uncommon and could easily be programmed to steer the vehicle overriding the operators input when needed.

Normal production vehicles using a crude "radar" system will also currently brake the car independent of the operators input to avoid a collision.

Some racing orgs are already using GPS based traction control that is programmed at a different rate for every corner on the course, same with engine mapping technology that is adjustable.

I expect it would be a fairly easy project with today's current technology to produce a race ready CSA system if so desired if such in fact does not already exist.

There is a reason the highest paid guys in many pits and race shops these days are the ones with the lap tops that program the cars electronic perimeters conforming to class rules based off data gathered from onboard sensors and diagnostic systems.

I expect it would be a fairly easy project with today's current technology to produce a race ready CSA system if so desired if such in fact does not already exist.

I read somewhere that the reason it isn't in production is that drivers in focus groups don't like it, similar to how some of us don't like it in the game. I'm not 100% certain (because I can't find the article now) but I believe it was Mercedes that considered it.

Back tot he topic, here I am still waiting for someone to prove to me that this is an advantageous setting to enable. I can see it being left on it expert mode, because there's no reason to turn it off if the adjustments don't bother you.

I still remain 1 second out of the top 10 without it. Please, someone, tell me it will give me the time I am looking for to get a top 10 time. If the argument is that someone 4-5 seconds away from the top 10 can get to 2-3 seconds from the top 10, that's a moot point. They are driving poorly in the first place and CSA is helping them to drive less poorly. In that case, CSA is a good tool to help them gain their skill.

If a fast CSA lap requires some skill I do not possess, then isn't that (by definition) a skillful thing? I have tried CSA strong and weak and neither one makes me faster or changes what I need to do to get a fast lap. As far as I can tell, my problem is that I am not hitting the apexes properly...stupid me :P

@Voodoovaj I have tried pointing things out to you in this thread, you keep ignoring them.

Edit - Oh actually it was someone else, but you are welcome to read my posts too - it's a public forum after all lol

Post your lap and a leaderboard lap and we will show you where you are losing this magical second.

Can we all ageee that ASM does SEVERELY hamper speed? As does TC above 2 on most cars?

At Monza in the Group 1 Daily race, I was getting wheel spin in 2nd gear with TC at 0. Even 3rd gear sounded like they were breaking loose when the turbo hit in three of the cars I tried.

@Voodoovaj I have tried pointing things out to you in this thread, you keep ignoring them.

Edit - Oh actually it was someone else, but you are welcome to read my posts too - it's a public forum after all lol

Post your lap and a leaderboard lap and we will show you where you are losing this magical second.

I KNOW where I am losing the second, will CSA give me that second is the question. Because, if the second is to be found in driving better, the CSA is not an advantage.

I come back to GT6's SRF. SRF was a necessity for achieving top times. Hands down, no question. IS CSA THAT?

I KNOW where I am losing the second, will CSA give me that second is the question. Because, if the second is to be found in driving better, the CSA is not an advantage.

I come back to GT6's SRF. SRF was a necessity for achieving top times. Hands down, no question. IS CSA THAT?

Nothing will give you that second you need, not csa, not practice, not studying other peoples laps. You are stuck one second short :lol:

You posted a video in this thread and it doesn't show your inputs or the competitors inputs or Aids, so I don't understand what we can gather from it.

If you are only losing time in breaking and accelerating while your car is straight, then CSA won't gain you much if anything. You need to gain more skill.

For a lot of other people, they are also losing time on fast corners or by avoiding or not accelerating on curbs. CSA will gain them that time, CSA stops the need for gingerly finding the grip limit, It enables finding the grip limit without spinning - unless of course you are ridiculous with it - in which case you will still spin with it on.

I read somewhere that the reason it isn't in production is that drivers in focus groups don't like it, similar to how some of us don't like it in the game. I'm not 100% certain (because I can't find the article now) but I believe it was Mercedes that considered it.

Back tot he topic, here I am still waiting for someone to prove to me that this is an advantageous setting to enable. I can see it being left on it expert mode, because there's no reason to turn it off if the adjustments don't bother you.

I still remain 1 second out of the top 10 without it. Please, someone, tell me it will give me the time I am looking for to get a top 10 time. If the argument is that someone 4-5 seconds away from the top 10 can get to 2-3 seconds from the top 10, that's a moot point. They are driving poorly in the first place and CSA is helping them to drive less poorly. In that case, CSA is a good tool to help them gain their skill.

If a fast CSA lap requires some skill I do not possess, then isn't that (by definition) a skillful thing? I have tried CSA strong and weak and neither one makes me faster or changes what I need to do to get a fast lap. As far as I can tell, my problem is that I am not hitting the apexes properly...stupid me :P

Try Audi R8 gr3 with BOP on, brands hatch go with racing hards on. CSA on strong prevents turn in oversteer compared with off, makes the car more planted and turn in slower, gives faster times on pad with less skill required.

CSA is a completely fictional assist on these cars, it does not exist in reality, that is fact.

For pad users it makes some sense as there is no FFB info to indicate oversteer, but I don't like how effective it is, plus it masks the natural response of the cars. I can lap around 2 secs off the no1 times without CSA on pad with ABS with the Gr3 R8 at Brands, with CSA on strong 1.5 off. But the CSA lap takes less skill and precision for me to achieve plus it's not as rewarding as there is less driver involvement. CSA is undoubtedly assisting in driving up to and over the limit. Driving up to and over the limit and having the ability to predict, feel and respond to what the car is doing is what separates average and fast and very fast drivers in reality.

CSA won't be faster for everyone, those with good pad skills will do fine without it, but for those that lack the skills, turning CSA on will get you closer to the top with less effort.

In qualifying, CSA will help you reach your fastest lap.
I have not personally experienced where my times are any faster with CSA versus not using any aids but I do not change how I drive trying to exploit it either.

If you switch it on it needs to be on strong, and to benefit from it you need to push harder, sooner, if you drive the same with it on as with it off then it won't magically make your car faster.

If you drive in an unrealistic way with poor lines and braking points and WOt you can exploit the aid and gain quite a bit. it's also useful to scub speed in a variety of ways it's not intended to. Push it hard, push the car past what you'd expect the car to be able to

Some people will extract more from CSA than others, it all depends on how much you are currently leaving on the table.

The above statement explains why you didn't extract anything extra from having CSA switched on.

Besides, I'm not even sure something like CSA would be possible in real life without slowing the car down.

As I have read many of these post it seems many feel there is major time to be gained from using CSA.

Personally I have not experienced such phenomenon but maybe it is the way I use and apply the application.
I do not use CSA trying to gain "time" or change the way or the lines I drive, perhaps if I did then I would see these magical gains I keep hearing about.

My purpose in using CSA or TCS is that the game and the way its physics engine controls grip is it fails to give adequate notice of when you are approaching maximum grip level and what will result in a sudden without warning snap spin with the higher horsepower cars.

I usually run my offline time trials or practice using the current BoP and no aids but ABS on weak. I use the aid to give me a better warning of an impending spin in the Sport races and I know from my testing that personally THE ONLY THING I GAIN is more reliable consistency which I would not need if the tire physics gave a better warning of approaching exceeding grip levels.

So not everyone is looking for any exploit or advantage just a more reliable method of knowing when they are exceeding the limits. CSA does not drive the car for you, does not save the spin in my experience just gives you the little time you need to react in order to catch a lot of spins that without it you would not catch.

Those that exploit this will more than likely exploit anything they are capable of as well. But used correctly I find it to be much less of an aid or advantage than TCS.

Personally I have not experienced such phenomenon but maybe it is the way I use and apply the application.
I do not use CSA trying to gain "time" or change the way or the lines I drive, perhaps if I did then I would see these magical gains I keep hearing about.

There is nothing magical about it, I'm not sure why you and a few others keep saying that. What I am getting from this thread more than anything is fast drivers saying it does not help them which is fine.

The proof will be when we see some serious competitions held by PD on GTS, I'm confident the aid will be blocked out. If not it's not a big deal to me as I've already stated I don't use it, don't like it, and don't see much difference in my times. You should read all of what I said maybe.

You should read all of what I said maybe.
If you drive in an unrealistic way with poor lines and braking points and WOt you can exploit the aid and gain quite a bit.

Actually I have, you are the main poster talking about how driving in unrealistic ways allows you to exploit the aid and "gain quite a bit".

My response was very much inspired by that post and my response was intended that just be a person is using an aid as insurance in a race against spinning out does not mean they are going faster or driving in a manner that could possibly be exploiting the aid in some way.
That depends on what you are willing to do and what you are capable of learning, I made a carrier out of exploiting gt4 physics in all sorts of online racing, I could keep up with and beat many fast drivers doing things the right way. It's not outside the rules of the game, it's not cheating or unfair, it's using what is given to achieve the best result.

If you can stop thinking of the game as a driving simulator and start thinking of it as a tool you will quickly see what I mean

I love these statements. Do tell.

It's simple... Show me how it makes you faster. Don't tell me, show me. If it cannot be proven, it's not a fact.

I want to have every advantage, so show me.

You have made this exploit claim on several post and have even had another member asking for proof how the aid can make someone playing the game faster but as of yet all that has been seen is your claims that it can be exploited to gain quite a bit.

I have no evidence your statement is true and my personal unscientific testing does not reveal the same results at all.

The only thing I see is I gain the confidence to run harder because if I do exceed grip limits then I have a chance to catch the car before a complete spin unlike what the tire physics offer without the aid. And yes, I do still lose pace catching the rear but usually no more than a few tenths compared to multiple positions if the spin went all the way around.

I am not the fastest driver but I have been playing driving games since the arcade days and then at home since PS1 so not a noob to the practice by a long shot.

I just personally keep hearing people say it makes them faster and that is not my experience so I do not understand what all the fuss is about really.

Yes the tire physics aren't great without feeling motion, I would love a FFB warning that I'm reaching the grip limit, something other than tire squeal, maybe a tap on the shoulder by Kaz himself?

Yes people with wheels aren't getting any more warning than people with pads.

If CSA stops you spinning once in a lap, it has made you faster.

I have used CSA while grinding credits on blue moon bay, it is ridiculous the amount of help it gives me, it enables me to maintain the same lap times one handed listening to podcasts and eating biscuits/drinking tea. I don't have to listen to the tire squeal or even react when it just goes into a power slide instead of spinning me into the wall.

I'm not arguing, I just want people to accept that it is a ridiculous aid that makes Driveclub VR harder, even GTA Online harder in comparison.

You posted a video in this thread and it doesn't show your inputs or the competitors inputs or Aids, so I don't understand what we can gather from it.

If you are only losing time in breaking and accelerating while your car is straight, then CSA won't gain you much if anything. You need to gain more skill.

For a lot of other people, they are also losing time on fast corners or by avoiding or not accelerating on curbs. CSA will gain them that time, CSA stops the need for gingerly finding the grip limit, It enables finding the grip limit without spinning - unless of course you are ridiculous with it - in which case you will still spin with it on.

And I agree, and that's where I am coming from. CSA as an aid for a player who needs help is just fine. That doesn't make it an advantage though. That's where the supporters are coming from. In the end, you need to be doing all the right things. CSA isn't the magic bullet that helps everyone go faster so that's why it's irrelevant. Having it "banned" will change nothing except make lesser drivers crash more.

Here's the lap I promised. 1:38.9.

My optimal lap is a 1:38.4, which would have put me in the top 10 earlier today. In achieving the lap in the video, I did try CSA on weak, and on strong. Here is why I support CSA. There were no sectors where CSA made me faster. There were some sectors, such as the esses, where CSA prevented me from being faster. In the end, I have aids off because I have found them to hinder more than help, and that's all anyone should really care about.

You have made this exploit claim on several post and have even had another member asking for proof how the aid can make someone playing the game faster but as of yet all that has been seen is your claims that it can be exploited to gain quite a bit.

What sort of proof? I could make a video of me driving without the aid, and one driving faster with the aid, and that would prove what? At this point it is clear many people want to keep an unrealistic aid and are using the excuse that it does not make them faster to defend it which is not such a great defense. If it makes you more consistent then of course it makes you faster.

Here is the thing, I'm quite sure staying on your racing line and giving it your full attention you are just as fast with or without it, I think most everyone is but what about when you are not on your racing line? As in, in a race? If the aid did not make you faster you would not use it, there would be no reason to. It enables you to do all the unrealistic things I've already posted and that can come in very handy in a race setting.

It is exploitable as well, with everything off except for csa on strong the game feels more like gt4, and that is why I brought it up.

Here are the first few posts in this thread I made and I stand by them, I also think the aid is a joke and I stand by that as well.
I see it as a video game aid and I would rather race against less experienced people with either wheel or controller using it instead of having them crash all over the place and me. I don't see it has much advantage personally, not as much as simple rubber banding or boost or any other name for that farce.

There is a problem with the physics of the game, that is why the aids are and act how they do. You don't need to look any further than driving any slow car at a slow speed without abs to see that, wheel spin on low powered front wheel drive cars shows how bad it is as well.

Unrealistic physics = unrealistic aids ;)

I almost forgot, Mr. P is someone I would trust in the sim community and I know he did an extensive test when he discovered CSA being used by the top drivers, I'll try to find that thread as maybe it's the proof you are looking for.

Here is the thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-little-experiment.365004/

And here is something else he had to say about it in a different thread.

Mr. P
I tested a few cars with and without CSA early in GTS release days and it panned out that it was worth between 0.5 to 1 second per lap dependent on the cars group.. Usually the faster more difficult cars made the biggest gain in laptimes when CSA was enabled, A lot of people suggest/think that it doesn't really make any difference but it does.. If I know I can improve every time I enabled it then so can others ;)

PD probably should do an update and delete the CSA function completely just to put more people on a level playing field.. I'm not a fan of getting a top 10 time just to be knocked down by a driver running with CSA enabled! Even some of the seasoned long term Gamers who were considered Aliens in previous GT versions have taken to running the daily TT events with CSA activated, to each their own choice I suppose? but I don't like it personally and prefer to be topped by a driver not using stabilizers like a kid learning to ride a bike

Last edited:
And here is something else he had to say about it in a different thread.

Mr. P:
I tested a few cars with and without CSA early in GTS release days and it panned out that it was worth between 0.5 to 1 second per lap

There was an update that drastically changed the grip levels of all cars. CSA may indeed have been beneficial then, but that isn't the case now.

There was an update that drastically changed the grip levels of all cars. CSA may indeed have been beneficial then, but that isn't the case now.

By that logic it would still be super useful with either the hardest street tire on, or the softest race tire on, so does that still exist to you?

Do you use it? And if so when and why? It's hard for me to believe that people don't see it as hocus pocus, I think it is a mask that smooths over flaws in the physics and in that thought process I wonder why it's just not always on for everyone, not pointed out, and not an option. I keep hearing that it is not beneficial but I keep seeing top 10 drivers using it lol, I've not ran across a replay where it's obviously being exploited but I don't watch many replays either.

If it is a safety net then it's a good idea not to use it, you'll never do your best when you know a mistake will not be penalized, you might very well start taking risks you normally wouldn't also.

If it makes you more consistent then of course it makes you faster.
con·sist·en·cy
kənˈsistənsē/
noun
noun: consistency; noun: consistence; plural noun: consistencies; plural noun: consistences
conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness.
"the grading system is to be streamlined to ensure greater consistency"
synonyms: uniformity, constancy, regularity, evenness, steadiness, stability, equilibrium;

If the aid did not make you faster you would not use it, there would be no reason to.

adjective
, faster, fastest.
moving or able to move, operate, function, or take effect quickly; quick; swift; rapid:
a fast horse; a fast pain reliever; a fast thinker.
done in comparatively little time; taking a comparatively short time:
a fast race; fast work.

adjective, faster, fastest.
moving or able to move, operate, function, or take effect quickly; quick; swift; rapid:
a fast horse; a fast pain reliever; a fast thinker.
done in comparatively little time; taking a comparatively short time:
a fast race; fast work.

Consistent and fast are entirely two different things,

Fast would be a measure of the quickest or least amount of time I am capable of turning a complete lap on a certain circuit with a certain car.

Consistent would be my ability to turn that fast lap time on a regular back to back basis.

In my case CSA is an insurance policy used that makes consistent back to back laps at the same speed less of a risk over multiple lap races. I drive offline without the aid and qualify on line without the aid because a spinout in either scenario is not of importance.

It does not make my lowest lap time faster because because it is deployed, so yes it may help with my consistency in not making a mistake it will not lower my fastest lap time because it is being used.

TCS will accomplish the exact same task which is helping keeping the car from spinning out but is actually engaged at a much higher percentage of time therefore is providing its spinout protection during a greater percentage of the lap.

What I do not like about TCS is even off the throttle it affects the handling and turn in and trajectory of a car through a corner when being off the throttle and TCS not being engaged should not have such an effect.

I find that CSA only affects rarely as compared to TCS.

Wow, I know the meaning of the words so at first glance I decided not to read your condescending post :lol:

If you need a crutch you need a crutch, not saying you do but that is what it is and that is a nice way to put it.

All I can say is the aid is lame and if it's allowed when serious competitions are held I don't know if I'll be able to hold my nose. I have no issue what so ever with people using it now in any of the online content of GTS, I don't want it banned, I don't want separate leader boards, I don't want matchmaking to consider it. That is the game aspect and I think it's a good thing.

I have no issue what so ever with people using it now in any of the online content of GTS, I don't want it banned, I don't want separate leader boards, I don't want matchmaking to consider it. That is the game aspect and I think it's a good thing.

I am glad you have left the dark side and see the light!:cheers:

I am glad you have left the dark side and see the light!:cheers:

You mean the opinion I've had since day one? :lol:

You must have selective reading skills or something.

I see it as a video game aid and I would rather race against less experienced people with either wheel or controller using it instead of having them crash all over the place and me. I don't see it has much advantage personally, not as much as simple rubber banding or boost or any other name for that farce.

Consistent would be my ability to turn that fast lap time on a regular back to back basis
Thus making your overall speed throughout a race faster. If you finish a 10 lap race without CSA in 23 minutes 30 seconds and you finish the same race with CSA in 23 minutes and 25 seconds, then it has made you faster. Your average speed throughout the race is better then it would have been. I don't know how can legitimately try to deny that running a fast lap time on a more consistent basis does not make you faster during a race.

LennyB, you've claimed in this thread that you're some kind of master exploiter of GT and that CSA can be exploited, so if you have proof of this, please post video evidence so we can be educated. It's not been my experience, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I would rather more attention be directed to ASM. Quite a few of the faster people in my online races are using ASM, and watching replays from their POV they get away with maneuvers that are way beyond what CSA or TCS allows. I guess people like to rage against CSA because it's "not real", but ASM is a far bigger aid. I think the advantage ASM gives borders on unfair, but PD allows it so there's nothing I can do but focus on driving better than them.

I use only weak CSA, and use it mainly because the Ferrari 458 is my preferred Gr.3 car. The mid-engined RWD Gr.3 cars in this game are incredibly dicey without any aids, more so than the footage of real GTE races I've seen suggests. So I use CSA on weak to calm the back end down and I don't see any problem with that, especially being on a DS4. It basically slows down the rate at which the back starts giving out, so on a DS4 I'm able to react and catch it instead of just spinning.

Thus making your overall speed throughout a race faster. If you finish a 10 lap race without CSA in 23 minutes 30 seconds and you finish the same race with CSA in 23 minutes and 25 seconds, then it has made you faster. Your average speed throughout the race is better then it would have been. I don't know how can legitimately try to deny that running a fast lap time on a more consistent basis does not make you faster during a race.

BUT only if I had of made a mistake where the CSA prevented me from losing extra time would the aid be responsible for a lower overall race time. Without that mistake the aid did absolutely nothing as far as reducing my race time.

I consistently run the same lap time without CSA as with CSA.

The aid does not allow running the consistent laps, that is driving, just helps if I screw up then it makes a difference.

TCS makes a difference in every lap and engaging that allows much more carelessness in jamming on the throttle on corner exit but yet that is considered acceptable.

So just because CSA is engaged does not mean it will be called upon to save a mistake and affect the overall time of a race.

When it does make a difference I screwed up and engaged or not engaged my overall race time will be slower whether from a spin or catching the rear end but regardless that race time will be slower than if I did not make a mistake.

So my fastest overall race time is not screwing up not because I have an aid on or not!

I have used CSA while grinding credits on blue moon bay, it is ridiculous the amount of help it gives me, it enables me to maintain the same lap times one handed listening to podcasts and eating biscuits/drinking tea. I don't have to listen to the tire squeal or even react when it just goes into a power slide instead of spinning me into the wall.

I'm not arguing, I just want people to accept that it is a ridiculous aid

Did you really test it on an oval? :lol:

I'm sorry, I just find the way you wrote quite funny ^^ But believe you.

LennyB, you've claimed in this thread that you're some kind of master exploiter of GT and that CSA can be exploited, so if you have proof of this, please post video evidence so we can be educated. It's not been my experience, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.
A master exploiter? I don't think so but I do know all sorts of dirty tricks to us in sim racing games, like I said if you consider the game physics a tool instead of a simulator all sorts of doors are opened, csa in gts opens one of those doors. Here I will show you me about 5 years ago setting a silly fast time on a board challenge way after the fact. My ps3 gave up the YLOD 1/2 way through gt5's life, I found a hotlap leader board on GTRP that interested me enough to hook up a ps2, a dfgt, and give it a go for a bit. Without all sorts of fan fair I can tell you I broke into the top ten of that leader board with the likes of Holland, Hugo probably, those sorts of guys, with some appalling bad habits. There should be no need for me to go into great detail so here it is, I hope you find it as amusing as me and a few accomplished gt'rs did at the time. This is what using csa reminds me of.

I would rather more attention be directed to ASM. Quite a few of the faster people in my online races are using ASM, and watching replays from their POV they get away with maneuvers that are way beyond what CSA or TCS allows. I guess people like to rage against CSA because it's "not real", but ASM is a far bigger aid. I think the advantage ASM gives borders on unfair, but PD allows it so there's nothing I can do but focus on driving better than them.
It's been my experience that ASM will make someone faster only until they reach a point in their craft and after that it slows you down, for the most part asm will slow you down if you are better then average. I can think of a few combo's where that was not the case but for the most part that is true. It's important for me to point out once again, I'm not against using aids. You will get away with just about anything with ASM but it will ultimatly slow you down more than TCS and CSA, what is interesting as some have already said, CSA is a great alternative to TCS. What I am talking about is shortcomings of the game.

I use only weak CSA, and use it mainly because the Ferrari 458 is my preferred Gr.3 car. The mid-engined RWD Gr.3 cars in this game are incredibly dicey without any aids, more so than the footage of real GTE races I've seen suggests. So I use CSA on weak to calm the back end down and I don't see any problem with that, especially being on a DS4. It basically slows down the rate at which the back starts giving out, so on a DS4 I'm able to react and catch it instead of just spinning.

I don't see any problem with that either, some of what I say that people are missing is the fact these aids are too heavy handed in many race situations, I was a controller jockey or many many years, your inputs are very different than those a wheel user would produce, when GT5P came along a felt forced to switch to a wheel and part of that reasoning is because of aids. Some of which had always been there imo just not listed as an option.

I can't find anything in your post that I disagree with so I'd say keep doing as you do until/unless, you decide to run on a wheel. I'm driving in that video btw as if the wheel is a controller with no dreams of actually simulating driving a race car in real life.

Unfortunately there is no room or controller racers as the sport attempts to cross over from real life to video game and ds jockeys are left behind, I understand and feel the pain. I had the most fun in sim racing in gt3 using a ds2 with no aids hands down but it's not realistic.

Here hare some tricks; heavy blending of gas and brake with the buttons, so much so in gt4 you could keep 100% gas the whole lap and just brake at will, fainting, dropping a tire to initiate a turn, scrubbing speed with over wheel lock, inducing all sorts of turns with double down shifting, upshifting instead of braking, man so many things to do that you could not do in real life. Anyway I"m probably rambling now...

Did you really test it on an oval? :lol:

I'm sorry, I just find the way you wrote quite funny ^^ But believe you.
haha yeh I was grinding credits for the 20 million cars, it's the only time I've spent in the offline content, so it was the perfect opportunity try it without being seen using it

I even put ASM and AT on as well, keep foot flat on throttle through two turns whilst also weaving between AI mid corner. Brake and weave through the other corner.
It was kind of fun but only because it felt like I was playing pole position

I know that once you get better, TCS and ASM (most of the times) will only make you slower. So based on faster times and fair racing one should not have a problem with people using TCS and ASM since without them a very good driver will probably be faster. To me its not about the times but about the fun, so I want them off for everyone.

So just to be sure, cause people are mixing up some people/arguments here:

- OP started talking about CSA suggesting it being a disadvantage to people who are not using it.
- LennyB was not saying it was a disadvantage but just wanted it not to be used.
- I dont care about advantages, I just want every aid off because of fun, so also TCS and ASM.

I think this sums it up properly ?

Nice to see the discussion being with respect again 👍

Last edited:
I think we do have different versions of the game, in your video there are no greyed out aids. On my version of the game, the aids are always displayed ?

EDIT : @Macboyilija If there can be two poles in one thread, it would be good to see what people would like, and what people use..

I hope a lot of people would like only ABS, but use CSA to compete with everyone else using CSA even though they don't like it.

Last edited:
I know that once you get better, TCS and ASM (most of the times) will only make you slower. So based on faster times and fair racing one should not have a problem with people using TCS and ASM since without them a very good driver will probably be faster. To me its not about the times but about the fun, so I want them off for everyone.

So just to be sure, cause people are mixing up some people/arguments here:

- OP started talking about CSA suggesting it being a disadvantage to people who are not using it.
- LennyB was not saying it was a disadvantage but just wanted it not to be used.
- I dont care about advantages, I just want every aid off because of fun, so also TCS and ASM.

I think this sums it up properly ?

Nice to see the discussion being with respect again 👍

———————

Because there are a lot of discussion threads in this forum, all around, a poll would be a nice idea to get an overview of what is really going on and what are the wishes of most people here. Therefore I would like to suggest a poll. Maybe a thread without discussing, just starting a poll about this subject. Maybe there already was one, but certainly not as big as this one.

Just to make sure: I know most people will like all aids to be on. I am not doing this to “win” just an overview who wants what and if there are minor differences in the wheel/controller part.

Before I start this, I would like to discuss with you what would be the good poll questions, and answer possibilities, because maybe I am missing some answers.

And is there a way you can only do this poll, without people being able to react ? Or do you think that is oke to start a new discussion thread ? Just a poll would be nice.

POLL QUESTION: What is your opinion to aid-tools being used in sport mode (so not single player) ?

If you drive with a steering wheel chose the SW option, if you drive with a controller, chose the DS4 option:

SW: no aids at all !
SW: no aids at all, just ABS allowed
SW: TCS and ABS allowed
SW: TCS, ASM and ABS allowed
SW: TCS, ASM, CSA and ABS allowed
SW: everything is allowed ! (also racing lines etc)

DS4: no aids at all !
DS4: no aids at all, just ABS allowed
DS4: TCS and ABS allowed
DS4: TCS, ASM and ABS allowed
DS4: TCS, ASM, CSA and ABS allowed
DS4: everything is allowed ! (also racing lines etc)

Anyone here that can help me out making this poll perfect before I start it ?
You missed an option.

Authentic, only aids that the actual car or class of car should have are allowed.

Thanks. I changed the poll. I think authentic should be above like this not below. Right ?

I also changed the question into what people wish to be in sport mode.

Second poll is not possible, but less relevant I think. Because I a, already sure people use things just because they are possible and want the best possible times within whats allowed.

Last edited:
Back