Why does no one like Justin Bieber

Let me see his music sucks for 1, second his antics.

His music has little to no bearing on the person itself, so I'll take it as a sidenote but it really isn't a reason to call someone a whatever you called him :P

His antics, I can see why I also loved his escapedes his I can do what I want attitude. Sadly that's gone and now he's a devout christian (a.k.a. boring).

It's "cool to hate." I'm not into Bieber, just not my style. I think there are far worse musicians. Cough, cough... Nickelback. Cough, cough... Coldplay. Anyway, why do you care what people think of the music you like? I like classic rock that no one my age listens to anymore.

iu

The irony is that coverage of this is unlikely to do anything but increase streaming instances and purchases beyond those that would have occurred without this coming to light, resulting in higher charting.

The irony is that coverage of this is unlikely to do anything but increase streaming instances and purchases beyond those that would have occurred without this coming to light, resulting in higher charting.
I guess it's the reverse Streisand effect.

I guess it's the reverse Streisand effect.
I think it's more a case of doing something resulting in something having been done. Attention was brought to it and so attention was brought to it.

I don't imagine there's a term for that, because it just...is.

Edit: Shortest possible self-fulfilling prophecy?

I constantly see people doing stuff like that and don't really see a problem with it. It's not like Bieber (or any other artist) being #1 on the charts has any effect on the music I listen to.
Well yes I do know. But usually its solely by the extremely dedicated fans that's unconnected to the artist. The fact that the artist himself encouraging it is quite a ballsy move as Spotify and Apple can implement some form of punishment to the artist now that they have proof of his involvment.

Back