Why doesnt PD allow us with only a DFGT to have a button set for using a clutch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 32 comments
  • 3,068 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
I set it up with a demo of GTR, it allowed me to set one of the paddle shifters as a clutch.

Is there a good reason?
 
same thing I'd like to know, I assumed you could reassign a button to act as a clutch but no go for me -.-

I wonder if anyone else has advice on adding a clutch button to DFGT
 
gizmo1981
same thing I'd like to know, I assumed you could reassign a button to act as a clutch but no go for me -.-

I wonder if anyone else has advice on adding a clutch button to DFGT

Wish there was atleast a set of pedals u can get for the dfgt that have a clutch. Or even an h shifter attachment..
 
Possibly because GT5 doesn't have a clutch unless a clutch enable pedal and wheel is attached to the system. Why, I'm guessing that if you're using a controller it would be unfair to give you a clutch button on a controller. People abuse the hell out of it in FM3, the automatic clutch works pretty fine without the actual clutch.
 
It's called a G27.

Are you Mad? I've only had my DFGT less than a week lol, plus a G27 isn't exactly in my Price range ( old Ps3 fatty died from ylod so that needed replaced ASAP )
 
Are you Mad? I've only had my DFGT less than a week lol, plus a G27 isn't exactly in my Price range ( old Ps3 fatty died from ylod so that needed replaced ASAP )

don't think he was talking to you.
 
I'd hate to be mid-turn feeling around on the wheel for a button to push while changing a gear.
 
A clutch button would be useful for "clutch kick" maneuvers that are often used in drifting or difficult situations with peaky engines. Seeing PD's tendency to dumb everything down and limiting possibilities/options, though, I don't see that happening anytime soon (by the way, for the record, Enthusia Professional Racing had a "clutch" button). They would probably prefer users to buy a T500RS for that, instead.
 
"Why doesnt PD allow us with only a DFGT to have a button set for using a clutch?"

Because they're far too busy making the cars look even more shiny than they already are, to be bothered with thinking about adding useful features to the game, besides they're still deciding what random things they're gonna remove in the next update!


;)
 
Must be real fun in rally racing 💡

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the shifters, not the clutch on the wheel? And I believe they're on the column, not the wheel spokes.
 
Isn't a clutch used in conjunction with a manual shifter, which the DFGT doesn't have?
 
Isn't a clutch used in conjunction with a manual shifter, which the DFGT doesn't have?
There are situations where precise clutch control is not needed (or in better words, where a predefined activation ramp would work ok), and that's where a clutch button would be nice to have. Having it wouldn't necessarily imply the deactivation of the auto-clutch feature on gearshifts.
 
Yeah i dont much care for a clutch botton, i just hate that i cant down shift into reverse i got to press stupid triangle
 
cause their game code's buggy and the clutch is exploitable (which is why a lot of G27/G25 users are faster on track compared to pad and clutchless wheels users), it's called "powershifting".

This is the reason why G27 and G25 aren't fully supported anymore btw (Kaz said so in an interview).
 
C.D
This is the reason why G27 and G25 aren't fully supported anymore btw (Kaz said so in an interview).


I'd like a link to that interview please!
 
So....can't use the DFGT paddle shifter to change the gears? I'm planning to buy one
 
C.D
cause their game code's buggy and the clutch is exploitable (which is why a lot of G27/G25 users are faster on track compared to pad and clutchless wheels users), it's called "powershifting".

This is the reason why G27 and G25 aren't fully supported anymore btw (Kaz said so in an interview).

[citation needed]
 
PD does not allow us to do lot of things in terms of customization.(FFB,camera angles, and other things that are standard in pc sims)

To previous post:
Power on shifting should allowed in offline mode to make game more realistic.
 
So....can't use the DFGT paddle shifter to change the gears? I'm planning to buy one
Yes, you can use the DFGT paddle shifters to change gears. However, you don't need to press a clutch down. You just hit the button and the car does the rest.
 
C.D
cause their game code's buggy and the clutch is exploitable (which is why a lot of G27/G25 users are faster on track compared to pad and clutchless wheels users), it's called "powershifting".

This is the reason why G27 and G25 aren't fully supported anymore btw (Kaz said so in an interview).

Why is the TS500 supported then? It will have the same advantage if they ever release the h-shifter for it.
 
Yes, you can use the DFGT paddle shifters to change gears. However, you don't need to press a clutch down. You just hit the button and the car does the rest.

what does suppose to mean? I thought DFGT has only 2 pedals for accelerating and braking :dunce:
 
You can't flat shift in GT5 anyway, unless they removed that fault recently. The clutch kick doesn't really work properly either if you wanted to use it for drifting, unless you have a really powerful car, which pretty much negates the point in using it in the first place. I don't see why they can't just add it as an option when your setting up your controller, so anyone can use it instead of making the game unrealistic to stop people moaning about it being an unfair advantage for wheel users..
 
Last edited:
C.D
cause their game code's buggy and the clutch is exploitable (which is why a lot of G27/G25 users are faster on track compared to pad and clutchless wheels users), it's called "powershifting".

This is the reason why G27 and G25 aren't fully supported anymore btw (Kaz said so in an interview).

Two words: bull - s**t! Never read anywhere Kaz in person complaining about that or claiming that powershifting is the reason why the wheels are not fully supported.... post a link to the interview if it exists!
!
 
Isn't a clutch used in conjunction with a manual shifter, which the DFGT doesn't have?
This is probably the reason that the clutch is not mappable. You need an H box shifter to go with it. The game is not coded to do sequential with a clutch, not for any wheel. If you are using the clutch with a G25/G27 you can't hit the sequential paddles as it would bring you right back to non clutch mode. Maybe they could change that in the future though.
 
Two words: bull - s**t! Never read anywhere Kaz in person complaining about that or claiming that powershifting is the reason why the wheels are not fully supported.... post a link to the interview if it exists!
!
Kaz did say that before GT5 was officially out, it was something to the effect of logitech would not change the firmware the way PD needed them to to avoid potential advantages that clutch use had. In prologue there was a problem where you could switch into clutch mode at just the right time (triangle button) and basically flat shift. It has been fixed in GT5 thankfully, so they basically have tried to patch the issue with software.
It may not have been in an official interview though, it may have been in response to someone just asking him if the G25/G27 would be fully supported by the game at a show or something. I don't remember what it was from, but I was surprised to hear the reasoning.
 
Kaz did say that before GT5 was officially out, it was something to the effect of logitech would not change the firmware the way PD needed them to to avoid potential advantages that clutch use had. In prologue there was a problem where you could switch into clutch mode at just the right time (triangle button) and basically flat shift. It has been fixed in GT5 thankfully, so they basically have tried to patch the issue with software.
It may not have been in an official interview though, it may have been in response to someone just asking him if the G25/G27 would be fully supported by the game at a show or something. I don't remember what it was from, but I was surprised to hear the reasoning.
Ahh ok I remember that, but he never said "G25/7 are not going to be supportet because of powershifting", that's the important thing!
 
Back