Why doesn't the IS-F have 8 gears?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cold Fussion
  • 17 comments
  • 1,806 views
because 8 gears are rubbish unless you have a seriously fast sequential box. or a really weak engine?
 
I think what cold fussion is saying is why isnt the fact that the IS-F has an 8-speed gearbox not reflected in the game.
 
just checked...the lexus has got 8 gears in the game!!!!
so,maybe you are on automatic??or it doesn't compete with g25 in h-shift mode????......
spyrrari.
 
jep,think so too.....btw,if a car has 8 gears in real life,you can bet your a.. it will also have this in the game...its gran turismo you know....simulator....lol.
spyrrari.
 
Yes it has 8 gears. And with a power band like that, it means always full power on the wheels. And/or a gear just right for each turn. If you bother to set it ALL up :scared:, one by one...

I did and I love it... :)

Just hope another update doesn't clear all my QTS! Again :ouch:
 
Does the car even engages 8 gears when racing? I bet it goes to 6th the most
 
Just because it has 8 speeds it doesnt actually make it tremendously fast, there are 5 actual speed gears and the remaining 3 are overdrives.

The 0-60 and quarter miles are slower than the M3's and top speed is still relatively low.
 
Yep, Rocket Punch is right. It's just a paddle-shift manumatic. Not a sequential manual.

Like so many Mercs now have. That's why it felt strange...

Thanks for enlightening me 👍
 
Just because it has 8 speeds it doesnt actually make it tremendously fast, there are 5 actual speed gears and the remaining 3 are overdrives.

The 0-60 and quarter miles are slower than the M3's and top speed is still relatively low.

I had a tune on it that made full use of at least 7 gears, maybe 8 (can't remember) at Suzuka. And it was still easy to use :p
 
Yep, Rocket Punch is right. It's just a paddle-shift manumatic. Not a sequential manual.

youd think they would put a dual clutch in something like this.
 
youd think they would put a dual clutch in something like this.

My sentiments exactly... rather disappointed in it. I actually thought it would be a "serious" thing... Oh well, more room for the M3 to excel!
 
Back