Why don't we use SSRX???

• Thread starter Harry6784
  • 131 comments
So when PD releases a 1/4 drag strip with functioning tree, you guys will still be at Indy because it "feels like home"?

No, we'll go to the drag strip because it will feel like and will actually be a drag strip, Indy is visually the closest thing we have to a drag strip. A nice 2 lane strip.

this thread is still going on :lol: BOTH are great places to drag, i drag in both but you know what we can ALL agree on is that the matter of fact is that we all love women right right??

Have you met V123?

DLR, I'm not so sure about this dedicated drag strip business.
With ssrx already included as a normal track in GT6, I assume it would mean creating a new strip rather than doctoring what we'd already been using.
Sadly I doubt the head count for people lining up to buy a drag strip DLC would make it a viable proposition.

Last edited:
Have you met V123?

DLR, I'm not so sure about this dedicated drag strip business.
With ssrx already included as a normal track in GT6, I assume it would mean creating a new strip rather than doctoring what we'd already been using.
Sadly I doubt the head count for people lining up to buy a drag strip DLC would make it a viable proposition.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Cars have an stupidly unrealistic top speed at SSRX. It's like PD forgot to model air resistance. It would affect races if you were to drag there.

Cars have an stupidly unrealistic top speed at SSRX. It's like PD forgot to model air resistance. It would affect races if you were to drag there.
Well I just ran 262 at SSRX in a supra.
Same car, same tune 253 at SSR7.
Though the car would lose speed and pick up speed, over the elevation changes at SSR7.
I dont think there is a aero flaw at SSRX, just the flat track provides equal load on the engine at all times.

Our community isn't big enough for PD to justify the added expenses to create the DLC. If we had twice or 3x the people, they might think otherwise. Like if the entire drag population of Forza came here; we might be in business.
You are forgetting there's more people who play GT than are on this site.

Well I just ran 262 at SSRX in a supra.
Same car, same tune 253 at SSR7.
Though the car would lose speed and pick up speed, over the elevation changes at SSR7.
I dont think there is a aero flaw at SSRX, just the flat track provides equal load on the engine at all times.

I agree. I got my Taurus up to 235 on the spray with nothing but power adders.

Maybe it's only present in certain cars then. I've come across some examples of wildly varying top speeds.

You are forgetting there's more people who play GT than are on this site.
I was considering the GTP community as well as the online community when I posted. We'll need a considerable following of say - 20,000 members or more before we could expect a dedicated drag racing DLC to be released. We might have a total of 5 or 6 right now, if we're lucky.

Drag strip aka speedtest would be great to those of us who enjoyed drag tuning to top leaderboard times. Ik I miss that totally. But I can't see pd creating a drag strip for gt6. I hope I'm wrong.

Drag strip aka speedtest would be great to those of us who enjoyed drag tuning to top leaderboard times. Ik I miss that totally. But I can't see pd creating a drag strip for gt6. I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah great time fighting for leader board times! I know you and me had quite a few battles in the past all in great fun!

I'd rather not have another speed test, as it ruined a lot of specialized tunes for ones that maximized thousandths of a second for tuning. It ended up with people running identical tunes that had no originality or effort involved in experimenting.

That being said, I do want a multiplayer/online drag track with a real tree & working timeslips. Something that shows 0-60ft times, as well as E.T.s and reaction times. Staging lights that let people line up their own cars; red lights that flag people who jump early and make their pass invalid. It would be something legitimate, something you can post pics from and prove to people that you do have a faster car - even if you got treed off the line, your car still ran a faster pass.

what i should say is drag racing takes no driving ability. but the tune is important
exactly. its difficult. and if shifting is included in driving skill, then it takes plenty.

but im online right now so feel free to add me and we can run now so you can see how easy it is.

what i should say is drag racing takes no driving ability. but the tune is important
Get in the Left Drag Lane at Indy, do a run, half way down the track, touch the grass, then come say how easy it is to keep a car in a strait line.

Back