Why don't we use SSRX???

• Thread starter Harry6784
  • 131 comments
i dont know what a "strait" line is. maybe it is because i have an education
I do have a education. It didn't require English as a subject though.

Also, use big letters for the first letter of the first word of a sentence. And use a big I for using the letter I for first person, at any point in any sentence. Good day Sir.
Edit. And dont forget your periods...

Last edited:
I do have a education. It didn't require English as a subject though.

Also, use big letters for the first letter of the first word of a sentence. And use a big I for using the letter I for first person, at any point in any sentence. Good day Sir.
Edit. And dont forget your periods...
Don't worry, I'm sure it's his time soon enough. Can't miss it ;)

I'd rather not have another speed test, as it ruined a lot of specialized tunes for ones that maximized thousandths of a second for tuning. It ended up with people running identical tunes that had no originality or effort involved in experimenting.
Only if you're sharing tunes, speedtest you're experimenting with everything, lots of trial and error, efforts, and its your original tunes, i know of some teams that share there tunes just to get everyone up to speed.

We can't predict what PD will do. But a speed test has always been a staple of the GT series. GT5 was the first to go online and the drag demand was go great, they added SSRX towards the end of GT5's life. There has been a speed test in every gt series I can remember (2, 4 & 5) so we'll see what PD comes up with for GT6.

Only if you're sharing tunes, speedtest you're experimenting with everything, lots of trial and error, efforts, and its your original tunes, i know of some teams that share there tunes just to get everyone up to speed.
Eventually, everyone ran the same tunes. The people who tested every suspension & ratio setting ran into the same tune that produced the same times. Very few people ran different flips or ratios because they wanted to maximize the numbers on the test instead of testing them on the track.

Eventually, everyone ran the same tunes. The people who tested every suspension & ratio setting ran into the same tune that produced the same times. Very few people ran different flips or ratios because they wanted to maximize the numbers on the test instead of testing them on the track.
Thats why i always used to put an "indy tune" on my cars in GT5 easily puts 1 car length on a route x tuned car

what i should say is drag racing takes no driving ability. but the tune is important
Im going to be nice about this.
Jump in an 7sec car and lets see you keep that 🤬 straight, also let's see see you do an nice burnout past the 60ft. Oh yea and try to time the clutch to engage while 2stepping. Oh and remember you need a ood reaction time and have to pedal that car on the line trying not to tire shake. Then making sure you shift every gear correct each round so you can collect a great amount of data for that track. I can keep going if you like.........................

Yikes, well, I have no intentions to argue off-topic but if you wish to pursue this then send me a PM, or "conversation" as it's called now. :)

@mazdaman In his defense, he's probably talking about the game. Which is as easy as throwing a brick at a wall.
lol if its soo easy then why are there millons of noobs still begging for tunes lol.......why dont you prove me wrong i"ll give you a week to learn(should be plenty of time since its easy) how to tune for drag then come and race me(im a noob btw) :sly: you choose car

I must be misunderstood. Both mazdaman's and my post were about one's driving ability.
Even still. Just the factor of quick shifting and hitting shift points is enough coupled with some cars torque steer and it's not entirely easy but not exactly hard at the same time.

The game. Real life has all sorts of factors that can mess with you. :P
I'm referring to both sir I'm getting really tired of people saying its easy. As I said before I have tuned for both circuit and drag . With my theory in circuit racing your driving style compensates with a good or bad tune as where drag racing it takes both. Thanks to the realistic physics which now make cars power slide off the line.

Thats why i always used to put an "indy tune" on my cars in GT5 easily puts 1 car length on a route x tuned car

I don't remember this ever happening when we raced :sly:

Also, why is it that people will drag at Silverstone but not SSRX? Silverstone SUCKS for drag racing. It lacks a starting line, and isn't flat. Whenever you make your way back to the start, you're always in the way of other racers. Yet people will do 1/4 mile drags there, but not on SSRX. It makes no sense!

I don't remember this ever happening when we raced :sly:

Also, why is it that people will drag at Silverstone but not SSRX? Silverstone SUCKS for drag racing. It lacks a starting line, and isn't flat. Whenever you make your way back to the start, you're always in the way of other racers. Yet people will do 1/4 mile drags there, but not on SSRX. It makes no sense!

Someone just took me there today. We had to remake the starting line 5 times because they were too short/long. It seems as though people just have a subconscious hatred for SSRX. They'll rather drag race at the Chamonix before they go to SSRX.

I'm referring to both sir I'm getting really tired of people saying its easy. As I said before I have tuned for both circuit and drag . With my theory in circuit racing your driving style compensates with a good or bad tune as where drag racing it takes both. Thanks to the realistic physics which now make cars power slide off the line.

Well, just as I've said with Harry.

Yikes, well, I have no intentions to argue off-topic but if you wish to pursue this then send me a PM, or "conversation" as it's called now. :)

Looking back I probably should have called you out through a private discussion. Oh well.

Back