Why Gran Turismo Sport?

• Thread starter Matteo05
  • 212 comments
Did no one notice that they are no longer using the Red-Blue colors from the originals GT1-GT5, GT6 was blue and silver and now the logo and lettering are White and Gold so yeah, it feels like they are trying to move forward from the original series and make a entire new thing I guess.

Yeah I meant that, I'm saying is so far there is no license for F1 or exclusive rights to track which we speculated we might get.
I think this might go further: this could be the first FIA virtual series. So no virtual representation of an existing series, but a pure virtual one. But again: just speculation. ;)

I think this might go further: this could be the first FIA virtual series. So no virtual representation of an existing series, but a pure virtual one. But again: just speculation. ;)

From all the information available from FIA Championship announcement to GT Sport today, that's exactly what it is, no speculation there.

It doesnt matter what that name will be. Most important is, will it be better and wider than p-cars
That's not very hard to achieve, even PS2 games can go that far.

Oh boy I'm being such a joker today... I'll stop now.

I personally hope GTS doesnt 'replace' traditional Gran Turismo, theres plenty of decent racing semi-sims/sims out there that have a good selection of race cars and official tracks.

Theres not many that have allowed me to have the experiences every GT iteration has allowed me to have. Thats the god honest truth. 👍

What do you mean by "wider"?
Maybe the DVD case is bigger:lol:.

Pretty obvious that the choice of "GT Sport" for the name is to create a distinction or separation from the rest of the series. It end up only being smallish game based around the FIA partnership or it could end up being a separate and continuing thing focusing on the more competitive aspects of sim and motor racing, potentially with a focus on online competition. A sort of iRacing for consoles if you will. Either way it's an interesting move on their part. Going to be exciting to see where this goes.

Maybe the DVD case is bigger:lol:.

Pretty obvious that the choice of "GT Sport" for the name is to create a distinction or separation from the rest of the series. It end up only being smallish game based around the FIA partnership or it could end up being a separate and continuing thing focusing on the more competitive aspects of sim and motor racing. A sort of iRacing for consoles if you will. Either way it's an interesting move on their part. Going to be exciting to see where this goes.

So do you think they will also release GT7 in the same year? (I think Kazunori said it will come up before 2017)

So do you think they will also release GT7 in the same year? (I think Kazunori said it will come up before 2017)
Pure guesswork but I think so, yes. I think GTS will be a separate thing with a narrower focus but GT7 will be the whole game in the style that you're used to.

You know what, PD has been on a massive hiring spree. Maybe this is why: So they can have one team work on GTS while the other works on GT7. No way they could do this with the small crew they had for GT5-GT6 but with a expanded crew, that suddenly becomes more realistic.

You know what, PD has been on a massive hiring spree. Maybe this is why: So they can have one team work on GTS while the other works on GT7. No way they could do this with the small crew they had for GT5-GT6 but with a expanded crew, that suddenly becomes more realistic.

PD has had 120+ since GT5, it's a pretty big studio. Their hirings don't seem to account for any bigger of an expansion than it has been going since they opened their ateliers and moved to their new place.

PD has had 120+ since GT5, it's a pretty big studio. Their hirings don't seem to account for any bigger of an expansion than it has been going since they opened their ateliers and moved to their new place.

In comparison to other studios though (Last I checked at least), its kinda small.

It might just be a tech demo or something like Gran Turismo HD or heck, even Gran Turismo 2000. Anybody remember that being mentioned from the Playstation magazines of old?

First of all and most importantly, DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :drool:

Anyway..........I'm agreed with @Johnnypenso, it sounds like this will be an offshoot from the main series - and it probably won't be Gran Turismo as we know it.

What it will be is pure guesswork for now, but "iRacing for consoles" sounds like a good bet. It's going to be focused on motorosports, obviously - I have a feeling to accommodate this the car count will be much reduced. And if this is a pure offshoot game not having a single player portion at all, a la iRacing, seems likely. Features like the course maker, B-spec, or even photo mode, which don't have much or any purpose for online championships, probably won't be put into GTS. Would expect community features to remain (but stuff like racing teams instead of car clubs).

Basically, my initial hunch is GTS will be small in physical size, but grand in ambition and vision, in a typical PD style..............I think it will be a precursor to a GT7, but given its unique direction (well unique for PD anyway), I don't think it would be wise to consider GTS as a GT7 Prologue, in any sense apart from the nature of the PS4 game engine. If there does end up being a separate GTS and GT7 on PS4, I think they will be very different in content, attitude, structure and progression.

Of course PD being PD I don't think I've ever correctly guessed what they are going to do next, so the most likely thing of all is to expect the above to be completely wrong..... :D

If this is supposed to be a full release, then that video is WEAKSAUCE! If you cut out the still screens (GT Sport and the FIA screen) then all I see if GT5/GT6. It's still the same pre-rendered movies that they have now. I saw a lot of VGT's and cars that are already in the game too.

Where are the highly anticipated cars? Where are the new features?

I also think this will be a separate project/program to the main Gran Turismo series, and I think they will use this to test out the PS4 game engine...

Why is it called Gran Turismo Sport and not GT 7?

In my opinion it's because they have a long term project in mind with this game. It will launch at the end of 2016 and stay for all the life cycle of the PS4, continuing with the philosophy of monthly updates to keep the game up to date.
This is just my personal opinion and it's all speculation.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for any grammatical errors :)

Maybe it's an indication that Gran Turismo will finally be a sporty "racing" game rather than the somewhat dull and uninspired driving/car collectors game it has been in recent years. I like the new name.

...Whatever this game ends up being, I hope the messaging becomes clearer in coming days. Been going to other gaming sites, and the common consensus is that no one's sure whether this is a reboot, a GT7 all in but the name, or a spin off.

Confusion is not good if you're trying to promote your wares, you know.

Back