Why Gran Turismo Sport?

• Thread starter Matteo05
  • 212 comments
Now i do believe GTS could be something like horizon, meaning a branch off from the normal GT series that we know and love but doesn't mean this is a bad thing.

I also think this will be a separate project/program to the main Gran Turismo series, and I think they will use this to test out the PS4 game engine...
LOl you are wrong.....Why are people thinking this? It clearly is a ful new GT game on PS4, it even says on the blog to expect everything other GT games have, they are just focusing on the fia as that is huge to start,

If this is supposed to be a full release, then that video is WEAKSAUCE! If you cut out the still screens (GT Sport and the FIA screen) then all I see if GT5/GT6. It's still the same pre-rendered movies that they have now. I saw a lot of VGT's and cars that are already in the game too.

Where are the highly anticipated cars? Where are the new features?
Game is not out for at least a year lmao, MANY GAMES ONLY SHOW A cgI TRAILER AT FIRST.

I Think it won't be GT as usually ... maybe something new :/ maybe PD want to test PS4 before they start make GT7 , so it will be perfect as "they" think
anyway i hope its NOT required online mode and stay long GT as we know and the next one is GT7 just hoping...

Why is it called Gran Turismo Sport and not GT 7?

In my opinion it's because they have a long term project in mind with this game. It will launch at the end of 2016 and stay for all the life cycle of the PS4, continuing with the philosophy of monthly updates to keep the game up to date.
This is just my personal opinion and it's all speculation.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for any grammatical errors :)
Because with GTS(which really doesn't even fell right)its a Online Based Game. In the Main GT Series, You had the single player ability and cuould build and customize your own car. Its really just an Onlive PVP game, it doesn't have the Original GT Formula(not like GT now is running a similar formula)

I like the idea of a reset. GT9 GT10 GT12 starts to get a bit silly and stale sounding. The reset idea happens often but this could easily be a side project and the full game could be another new name.

I'm just glad something GT is coming soon.

Here is what the BLOG says:

But it’s not just about online racing; the GT teams have continued to build on the games legacy of accessibility to ensure that the game is open to all to enjoy.

This is not just an online game or a prologue, it is a full fledged GT game, they are just focusing on the biggest change which is the FIA partnership, which makes sense that is a big deal.

So a Blog entry from June (when GTS wasn't even confirmed) is somehow confirmation?

Read the friggin blog...it is not just an online game.....it is a full GT game. It is not a spinoff, it is just a name change.
Well to me i think that all it is is just a Online championship. I didn't see much of anything protaining to individual car building stuff like they showed with GT5's trailer. Becuase all I've seen from their blog is Manufacturers Battles(PVP) and the FIA Online championship(PVP) yes they are trying to broaden the audience but It still is an online Competetive thing w/ probabley age groupings for the Final Championship=Media attention.
BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION

Tales from your ass.....this is clearly a full fledged GT release.

More tales from your ass...it is a full fledged GT release.... And dropping numbers is fine it's stupid once you get up to 7 and 8 iterations, plus GT needs some fresh new ideas.

tALES FROM YOUR ASS...NO IT IS NOT.

You've made your point plenty.

It's still too early if GT Sport is going to evolve into the full GT game or become a similar title like Prologue and the Concept series.

I Think it won't be GT as usually ... maybe something new :/ maybe PD want to test PS4 before they start make GT7 , so it will be perfect as "they" think
anyway i hope its NOT required online mode and stay long GT as we know and the next one is GT7 just hoping...
I thinkin all technicalities its a prolouge but w/o the prolouge title. Like if u remember GT Acadamy 2013 year, that was them showing GT6 w/o blatnly coming out saying that its GT6 but everyone knew it was

Well to me i think that all it is is just a Online championship. I didn't see much of anything protaining to individual car building stuff like they showed with GT5's trailer. Becuase all I've seen from their blog is Manufacturers Battles(PVP) and the FIA Online championship(PVP) yes they are trying to broaden the audience but It still is an online Competetive thing w/ probabley age groupings for the Final Championship=Media attention.
BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION

But it is not, it is clearly stated LMAO.

I think this is GT7. Instead of releasing numbered sequels, I reckon they are going to release GTS once for each generation and continue updating it throughout each generation.

Why is it called Gran Turismo Sport and not GT 7?

In my opinion it's because they have a long term project in mind with this game. It will launch at the end of 2016 and stay for all the life cycle of the PS4, continuing with the philosophy of monthly updates to keep the game up to date.
This is just my personal opinion and it's all speculation.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for any grammatical errors :)

I'm thinking that if this Gran Turismo Sport is more like a "Prologue" type release AND the BETA will be launching in "early" 2016 then I would say that the full GTSport won't fully launch until later in 2016. By this SPECULATION I would say it's a pretty solid bet that the "proper" GT7 won't be released until 2017! 4 Years after the launch of the PS4 and matching up with the 3rd Forza release on "next gen" (I guess we can stop calling it "next gen" now though eh?... lol...) being FM7. Interesting times in console sim racing timelines!

I'm thinking that if this Gran Turismo Sport is more like a "Prologue" type release AND the BETA will be launching in "early" 2016 then I would say that the full GTSport won't fully launch until later in 2016. By this SPECULATION I would say it's a pretty solid bet that the "proper" GT7 won't be released until 2017! 4 Years after the launch of the PS4 and matching up with the 3rd Forza release on "next gen" (I guess we can stop calling it "next gen" now though eh?... lol...) being FM7. Interesting times in console sim racing timelines!

Agreed. In true PD style, they will one up themselves and release the beta for a beta. :lol:

I'm taking GT Sport to be similar to GT Academy the year it was a stand-alone before the release of GT6. Theres the potential of it being a limited-time event. In which case I'd hope it will be Free, similar to DriveClub PS+ Edition.

Spring 2016: GT Sport Beta (A track or two and a few of cars), Free (Signups & current GT Community Members)
Fall 2016: GT Sport (Set events on set tracks, expanded car list), Free (PS+)
Fall 2017: GT7, Retail

[/totally lame speculation]

shrugs.gif

Too many syllables...
Haha aye you always need to watch the syllables when naming ya racing game :gtpflag:

Considering most current day "betas" are pretty much online stress tests, I have a feeling this is launching a lot sooner than people may be expecting.
End of Summer when Sony have nothing. Infact most times Sony have nothing these days but in particular end of summer.

I'm going with GT Sport to be the Racing Oriented game that seems to be wanted by racers.
Then GT7 Can focus on being a Driving game.

Bugger off a lot of the small circuits into GT Sport and add long driving roads in the realm of Sierra, Nurburgring or point to point like 50km of California coast, Australias Great Ocean Road, etc

GT Sport is the next generation of GT HD.

It is not really a representation of upcoming GT7 and more like what can be pushed in PS4.

It's a Reboot, I am betting on that, Most Reboots end up getting the same name from the first entry in their series, and this doesn't look any different, let's be honest here, do you think PD would be able to handle 2 series at once, it doesn't make sense when you see that they would try to make their own P-Cars and AS and divide from the original, If GTSport was about Motorsport alone, then GT7 would be open world or something, reversing the roles of the games,

Anyways, the series honestly needed a reboot from the Original GT, they aren't even using their famous Red-Blue Colors anymore, PD wants to move on and make a revival of what they originally did with GT1 but in a different way, Also why would a Mazada Roadster be in the game if GTSport is all about racing circuits and whatnot, Also a beta test for a prologue doesn't make sense, so obviously this is a reboot sequel to the original series, GT1-GT6 is GTClassic while GTS-beyond is GT Premium, See what I mean?

There was some talk from Kaz in the past about a new type of concept for GT in the future, where the game would be expanded on over time rather than new versions. There wasn't much detail and it was a good while back so my memory is vague but it sounded like they may have been considering some type of subscription based approach going forward. Possibly the PS4 and GT Sport is where it begins?

Back