Why no New Seasonal Events?

• Thread starter chase94
  • 169 comments
Careful now. You're showing common sense and haven't used the words 'cut the track', 'grind', 'easy money' or 'fully modded' once.

That's most definately going to get you in trouble. Watch out for empty beer cans and half eaten burgers thrown in your direction.

Silly me overlooking the blatantly obvious... again ha ha ha :)

Someone get a Paramedic in here stat I think some of the forum readers have had fits of uncontrollable rage and suffered massive coronaries as a result of all that high blood pressure!

:dunce:

I love how people desperately try to damage control PD's failure to adhere to their own promises. They said we'd get a WEEKLY seasonal event. Nobody twisted their arm to get them to say it. Since then, they have failed to deliver again and again.

I appreciate the seasonals we have, but that doesn't change the fact that PD have failed to live up to the expectation that THEY THEMSELVES SET. If they can't handle one seasonal per week they should say so. Own up to their own mistake and take some responsibility. This endless silence only frustrates people.

👍

I love how people desperately try to damage control PD's failure to adhere to their own promises. They said we'd get a WEEKLY seasonal event. Nobody twisted their arm to get them to say it. Since then, they have failed to deliver again and again.

I appreciate the seasonals we have, but that doesn't change the fact that PD have failed to live up to the expectation that THEY THEMSELVES SET. If they can't handle one seasonal per week they should say so. Own up to their own mistake and take some responsibility. This endless silence only frustrates people.

My thoughts exactly 👍 There's no excuses for breaking your promises and not even telling why you did it.

👍

👍 👍 👍
Kaz needs to see this and realise we aint mad that they cant fulfill deadlines that were set but more we're 🤬 off that he keeps the GT5 community (the people that bought his game) in total darkness and tells us nothing

Why don't you just stop playing it then, if it's such toture? What'll you have to say when they take the opportunity to quickly earn "a million or so" away & you have to go back to grinding for 100k a (5 lap) race?

@ MM1000 - Bwaaaahahahah!!! Classic! :lol: :bowdown:

Solved this problem by starting again with a new account. I did all of the A spec with a 6axis, so at least there's a difference now I'm using a DFGT. Believe me, if I was totally done with the game I wouldn't be posting on this board. It's just that I want more!

👍 👍 👍
Kaz needs to see this and realise we aint mad that they cant fulfill deadlines that were set but more we're 🤬 off that he keeps the GT5 community (the people that bought his game) in total darkness and tells us nothing

I think you are correct in your assessment. It's not the lack of seasonals that irks folks. Just that they can't even be bothered to tell folks or put out news bulletins to keep folks informed. If we get new seasonals then good. If we don't its not the end of the world. Will be good to be told either way.

Just a little info on the news feed in the top right corner on GT5 where seasonal news is would be nice, thats all we ask Kaz

Anyway im hope the seasonal gap is due to
a) They're moving offices
b) They're sorting out the v1.10 bugs
c) Improving the Course editor to be more open and user friendly
and
d) Creating an option to pick from your garage car list online rather then stuck with just the recomended when it comes to limiting cars, therefor creating better balanced rooms

I know its wishful thinking that PD would attempt any of that but I believe all options above would improve GT5s longetivity more then a few new seasonal would IMO

Just a little info on the news feed in the top right corner on GT5 where seasonal news is would be nice, thats all we ask Kaz

Anyway im hope the seasonal gap is due to
a) They're moving offices
b) They're sorting out the v1.10 bugs
c) Improving the Course editor to be more open and user friendly
and
d) Creating an option to pick from your garage car list online rather then stuck with just the recomended when it comes to limiting cars, therefor creating better balanced rooms

I know its wishful thinking that PD would attempt any of that but I believe all options above would improve GT5s longetivity more then a few new seasonal would IMO

Good ideas.

I'm not sure PD owes us news releases about their progress with this. I think some have the impression we will get a seasonal event every week, and clearly it's more of a .... seasonal timing. It's a shame, but that's life.

Be forewarned: we might very well lose our high payouts and zero miles OCD. Make sure you have gotten everything you want out of the advantages of the current seasonals.

MM1000
Good ideas.

I'm not sure PD owes us news releases about their progress with this. I think some have the impression we will get a seasonal event every week, and clearly it's more of a .... seasonal timing. It's a shame, but that's life.

Be forewarned: we might very well lose our high payouts and zero miles OCD. Make sure you have gotten everything you want out of the advantages of the current seasonals.

I think some people have the idea they're weekly because PD said we'd get one each week...

Yeah, milk the rewards. I'm kind of glad for the delay, more time = more money for me.

I think some people have the idea they're weekly because PD said we'd get one each week...

They did? I never heard that. I googled it and no one else ever heard that either, as best as I can tell.

Can you provide a link? If PD promised an update every seven days, they obviously owe us an explanation.

They did? I never heard that. I googled it and no one else ever heard that either, as best as I can tell.

Can you provide a link? If PD promised an update every seven days, they obviously owe us an explanation.

Not an update but a seasonal every week I think which then turned into 2 every fortnight to go with the ocd update as far as im aware

"Eurogamer: What's not perfect? You said on stage you're going to be upgrading every week, every month"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-kazunori-yamauchi-interview-interview

If you put words "Kazunori Yamauchi every week every month" to the Google, you see the news is everywhere...

"Eurogamer: What's not perfect? You said on stage you're going to be upgrading every week, every month"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-kazunori-yamauchi-interview-interview

If you put words "Kazunori Yamauchi every week every month" to the Google, you see the news is everywhere...

So you're wrong. No where in that article does he say there will be new Seasonal Events every week. He is saying there will be a lot of updates. In fact, he is vague about how often they will come, such as saying every month is a possibility. That directly refutes your notion.

In fact, we wouldn't even learn of the existence of Seasonal Events until about a month after this interview. It is provable, then, that's he's not talking about them. They weren't updating every week when they said this, and zero people interpreted this as a promise to add new seasonal events every week.

what specifically do you want to work on?

Kazunori Yamauchi: That's sort of a surprise we're keeping for the future. Once games go online it's no longer the type of thing where you just make it, hand it over to the players and they go out and play it. Games will keep evolving.

Now it's released we're going to have several million people who'll become citizens of Gran Turismo. From here on we have to listen to their voice and see what they want and change the game accordingly to match their needs. So Gran Turismo really is just at the starting point, it's really the beginning and we're just going to evolve from here.

Did you read this link? He clearly is not promising any specific update, but rather saying the game will evolve from here according to feedback they get from customers.

He's talking about everything from helmets to premium models to better AI and online options.

I asked you to show me where PD promised new Seasonal Events every week. I don't think they ever did. I think that's wishful thinking. I don't see why they shouldn't update the events every week or every day or every thirty minutes, but it is called 'seasonal' events, which suggests a slower tempo.

They actually did promise. It was in the news folder of the main screen when you start up the game. It probably still is in there!

They actually did promise. It was in the news folder of the main screen when you start up the game. It probably still is in there!

I'll have to check. I read their website, but nothing about that.

So much fawning over Kaz, though, which gets really old after a while.

But when I google the issue, there really doesn't appear to be a promise to add seasonal events every week. I don't recall such a promise. Obviously if they made one they owe us an explanation.

I'll have to check. I read their website, but nothing about that.

So much fawning over Kaz, though, which gets really old after a while.

But when I google the issue, there really doesn't appear to be a promise to add seasonal events every week. I don't recall such a promise. Obviously if they made one they owe us an explanation.

I just did. They always put a news bulletin up to inform us that there are new seasonals, but conveniently enough just the information provided with the last 3 seasonals is still up. The promise has been made though, i'll see if i can find it somewhere else!

You're also right though, it is getting old!

Last edited:
Okay well i found this link, but have to admit the word generally in the PD statement can provide them with a way out lol!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170020

No, I think that's good enough. I was wrong.

From this point the Seasonal Events will generally be updated on Thursday every week at 04:00 (GMT).

Please note that the timing of these updates may vary by +/- 1 day, we recommend checking the distribution periods as listed in the Event list screen.

They owe us an explanation for making this promise and failing to live up to it. I was mistaken.

No, I think that's good enough. I was wrong.

They owe us an explanation for making this promise and failing to live up to it. I was mistaken.

Once again dear fellow you are missing the point by a wide margin, nowhere in that release is there the word promise or any other for that matter that forcefully obligates PD to release updates each week.

If we had paid for DLC and they were obligated to by contract that would be another matter.

It simply states, within reason and where possible they will provide updates -/+ day on Thursdays. It hints they endeavour to, not that they WILL.

So why are you still getting your knickers in a twist about it dude - seriously?

Why do people choose to defend PD so much over this? If they're not going to stick to the schedule they could at least say so.

Why do people choose to defend PD so much over this? If they're not going to stick to the schedule they could at least say so.

Agreed. Although I don't care too much that they haven't added more seasonal events, they did make a schedule to update it every week. Now all I would like is for PD to have said we won't be updating this for a while and giving us a reason for it.

Possibly because they are under no obligation to provide this extra content, yet continue to do so at their own cost and people then moan when they don't get their new, free content. Honestly, some people acxt like PD have come into their house at Christmas and pissed on their presents.

PD have been moving offices, the new seasonals are probably still packed up in a box along with paperclips, post-it note pads and lever arch file boxes. Give them a couple of weeks and someone is bound to find them sooner or later.

Once again dear fellow you are missing the point by a wide margin, nowhere in that release is there the word promise or any other for that matter that forcefully obligates PD to release updates each week.

If we had paid for DLC and they were obligated to by contract that would be another matter.

It simply states, within reason and where possible they will provide updates -/+ day on Thursdays. It hints they endeavour to, not that they WILL.

So why are you still getting your knickers in a twist about it dude - seriously?

You think a company has to use the word "promise" in a sentence for the customer to actually think it might happen? You are making up words PD never said now, they never said within reason or where possible..

They did use the words every week. Generally on a Thursday.

Back