Why no New Seasonal Events?

• Thread starter chase94
  • 169 comments
I hear all the closets in the new building have clear doors with explosive hinges that can be discharged by pushing one of the three 12-inch diameter, illuminated red buttons mounted on each one the two adjacent walls and the one opposite wall to the closet door. Closet Evacuation Operation sessions (CEO sessions) are to be held the second and fourth Fridays of each month from 9am until 11am but only when Kaz is in residence. We hear that a droid and iPhone app for remote detonation is in development. This is being developed in case the victim is unable to locate one of the wall-mounted buttons. Should demand for the app surpass initial projections, a RIM version would likely follow. ETA for initial release of the app has not been disclosed.

You've stretched and broken our carefully crafted, realtm, closet escape route simulator metaphor........I am sadface, like when Sony told Kaz he couldn't have 2 more years to complete his epic, mimetic closet escape- route simulation masterpiece :crazy:

I honestly dont know why people get mad with someone only because he wants more seasonal events... its more than three weeks since the last update in the seasonals and obviously we want more, i repeat and repeat and repeat the super car event because there's nothing more to play.

but besides, im still very thankful with the game for giving us those seasonals, i just hope they update it soon.

my $.02, which worth about $.005, is that you can't take anything PD says at face value.

Not being overly critical, but it's like the 3rd time they've said something, and don't follow through with that in less than a week.

No big deal really.

If a new seasonal were a better money maker than la Sarthe, great. If not, I'd do it to complete it, then go back to le Sarthe.

It would be nice to get a new OCD, though.

My $0.02 worth, which is actually about $0.000001. No news on failing to meet their every week release schedule may be due to the percieved loss of face that it would involve. Announcing that they are going to fail to live up to their schedule would make them look bad even if they have a perfectly good reason.

Appearances are important to most East Asian cultures. Just a thought.

PD should have a webcam in their offices, so us customers can look at it and see if they are actually working, watching TV, or to see if anybody is there at all.

Thats classic Moot.....

Why are we bitching about free content? Makes absolutely no sense to me and if Kaz were reading this he'd call us an ungrateful bunch of idiots. I'm happy to wait for new seasonals, GT5 is not the be all and end all of my life...

I need a PD diary to read everyday, even if they just made it up using a creative writer.
Instead of Museum cards when I log in I want a "Todays Diary" update entry. Giving general comments and feedback about PD life and work. Updated by various members of staff.
"Monday 25th July:
Kaz was late in today, he looked tired.
I spilt coke on my keyboard, luckily it wasn't plugged in, it was the one I use for pretending to type game code."

Actually I don't care about seasonals, it's just something to complain about when something is perceived as being "wrong" at PD. I just like online racing.
I would like to know if the time they have spent not working on seasonals has been spent on something else. Or if there are technical problems with the servers or the game....

I need a PD diary to read everyday, even if they just made it up using a creative writer.
Instead of Museum cards when I log in I want a "Todays Diary" update entry. Giving general comments and feedback about PD life and work. Updated by various members of staff.
"Monday 25th July:
Kaz was late in today, he looked tired.
I spilt coke on my keyboard, luckily it wasn't plugged in, it was the one I use for pretending to type game code."

Actually I don't care about seasonals, it's just something to complain about when something is perceived as being "wrong" at PD. I just like online racing.
I would like to know if the time they have spent not working on seasonals has been spent on something else. Or if there are technical problems with the servers or the game....

rofl

I want new online dealership tbh

I wish they'd do away with the seasonals & the OCD. That would properly solve a good bit of the complaints, as well as freeing up time to focus on DLC.

No...we'd just end up with more people complaining about them ditching the OCD and seasonals and then endless threads asking why there's no more OCD and seasonals and why there's no new content...

The last seasonal, SuperGT, is about 3 weeks old right?

That Seasonal released on July 1st IIRC. So it's 23 days old. The Ferrari Seasonal released on July 9th IIRC. So it's 15 days old.

Last edited:
My guess is that due to the Earthquake they are relocating and gave us 2x seasonals in a week and a new OCD at 1/2 price to pacify us while they get relocated. So its just a matter of waiting, due to unforeseen circumstances, maybe?

On the matter of Porsche, EA has exclusive rights to Porsche in video gaming and they can sell those rights (license) to whoever they choose. GT5 being a Shift competitor, well you can bet your ass that doesn't make business sense to sell PD the rights.

Nah, EA would like to think NFS: Shift 2 is a competitor for GT5 - it's really just there for all the rammers who think it's a sim, so they can feel good about ramming.

To be fair though, I haven't touched Shift 2 as Shift just annoyed me - so perhaps I'm biased...:)

Nah, EA would like to think NFS: Shift 2 is a competitor for GT5 - it's really just there for all the rammers who think it's a sim, so they can feel good about ramming.

To be fair though, I haven't touched Shift 2 as Shift just annoyed me - so perhaps I'm biased...:)

shift 2 is a absolute bad game... i wasted 60 euro on this,
really really dissapointed

... it's always something. What's next?

Getting a a grip closely followed by a life?........I'd say sorry I couldn't resist - if I was at all remorseful, but to be quite honest I've had a skinful of all these childish and insignificant peeves....sheesh!!!!

Get another game out go for a run or try doing something toally different for once in your life - just a suggestion.:crazy:

Getting a a grip closely followed by a life?........I'd say sorry I couldn't resist - if I was at all remorseful, but to be quite honest I've had a skinful of all these childish and insignificant peeves....sheesh!!!!

Get another game out go for a run or try doing something toally different for once in your life - just a suggestion.:crazy:

Who are you telling me what to do you arrogrant *** I own GT5 since release and am at level 34; that's about doing different things in life.

GT5 promised and they don't deliver; once again - that is what is annoying people. Personally, I don't care. There will be new seasonals, we might see a few updates for GT5. If not, *** it ...

flamingchariot

Careful now. You're showing common sense and haven't used the words 'cut the track', 'grind', 'easy money' or 'fully modded' once.

That's most definately going to get you in trouble. Watch out for empty beer cans and half eaten burgers thrown in your direction.

So without 6 pages of people whining about other people whining, is there any serious news about the lack of new seasonals?

shift 2 is a absolute bad game... i wasted 60 euro on this,
really really dissapointed

I'm really enjoying the game.... driving in it has been a lot more fun than I have had with GT5 in ages... and as such I haven t even bothered to fire up GT5 given that there hasnt been any updates.

Dont take that as if I am calling it the better game... but there are a lot of things which it has all over GT5 (cosmetic modifications, better menu system, better music, better crash physics, realistic damage, etc etc etc)

Yes it is still a bit 'arcade' in feel, but when you accept this rather than try constantly comparing it to a simulator, you can have a lot of fun with it.

I love how people desperately try to damage control PD's failure to adhere to their own promises. They said we'd get a WEEKLY seasonal event. Nobody twisted their arm to get them to say it. Since then, they have failed to deliver again and again.

I appreciate the seasonals we have, but that doesn't change the fact that PD have failed to live up to the expectation that THEY THEMSELVES SET. If they can't handle one seasonal per week they should say so. Own up to their own mistake and take some responsibility. This endless silence only frustrates people.

Back