Wii U Latest News and Discussion

I had to sell my Wii U:tdown::grumpy:. My car broke down and I needed money to fix it. I now need to get one again, and work is improving - this will be a must have for me (Tennis that is)

Mario Tennis Monsters of the Court & Forgotten Memories trailer (no solid release date for WU, Vita, PS3, & PS4 versions yet)

Honestly, I am saddened that Bowser jr. is on his Clown Car this time, I preferred him on the ground. Though I do understand why they did it because of the Bowser jr. amiibo.

@Benny44 -- Harsh luck, car repairs can be rough.

The dev for The 90s Arcade Racer posted an update; apparently it's not dead yet. There's a short gameplay video showing off a new car, a rally-spec Stratos lookalike, and a statement that they're getting close to wrapping things up:
Pelikan13
All gameplay elements are now in and working, including AI and GUI elements, we are now in the proccess of polishing, optimizing,bug fixing as well as setting up the two player splitscreen and the championship mode.

I've already played Shovel Knight for 5:45, currently getting my 🤬 handed to me by the knight with the huge robot thing.

How long does the game last roughly through main story, @Wolfe ?

Does anyone think that the Wii U needs a proper Car Racing Game badly?

I think that a lack of a Car Racer is the reason why I'm picking up a PS or an Xbox I feel like Nintendo could really go for a Car Racer after Nintendo users go interested in PCars. A Car Racer is almost entirely a new thing for Nintendo and will be completely unrivaled on the Wii U.

Not to mention the Wii U Gamepad would make the perfect Livery Editor.

Does anyone think that the Wii U needs a proper Car Racing Game badly?

I think that a lack of a Car Racer is the reason why I'm picking up a PS or an Xbox I feel like Nintendo could really go for a Car Racer after Nintendo users go interested in PCars. A Car Racer is almost entirely a new thing for Nintendo and will be completely unrivaled on the Wii U.

Not to mention the Wii U Gamepad would make the perfect Livery Editor.
100% agree and conversely 100% never see it happening unless Nintendo decided to suddenly becoming interested in a genre they don't care about at all.

100% agree and conversely 100% never see it happening unless Nintendo decided to suddenly becoming interested in a genre they don't care about at all.
It's a sad reality.

The only way I can possibly see it happening is if they get a partnership with a company that produces car racing games but even that possibility is so small, you'd rather go put and find 100 Shiny Pokemon.

It's a sad reality.

The only way I can possibly see it happening is if they get a partnership with a company that produces car racing games but even that possibility is so small, you'd rather go put and find 100 Shiny Pokemon.
Well, you never know, but I really don't see it happening on the Wii U. If Nintendo does indeed get their next gen system out in the next year or two the chances are good that it will be just as, if not more, powerful than the ps4/xbone. Then, I would think, a 3rd party would easily be able to port a racing sim previously on another console. That's really the only way I see it happening.

@Ddrizle -Gah!:crazy:. I was laying in bed trying to wake up and checking my tablet for emails. I saw you posted a metroid video, jumped out of bed, pressed play and then my heart sank when I saw it was a short film and not a Wii U game hahaha:(
:boggled:💡
. A good short film though

If the NX has "industry leading chips" in it and tops the PS4/XBone as the rumors claim, the spotlight will be back on Ian Bell and Slightly Mad Studios to make a decision upon Ian's statement that they were waiting on Nintendo's next console. I could forgive the BS of that whole debacle if they bring PCARS2 to NX, but I won't count on it until they deliver. There's not really anything else to wish for in terms of third party racing games, is there?

I've already played Shovel Knight for 5:45, currently getting my 🤬 handed to me by the knight with the huge robot thing.

How long does the game last roughly through main story, @Wolfe ?
For my first playthrough, I think I spent close to ten hours on it. It entirely depends on how much goofing around you do, such as replaying levels to find music sheets or earn money for upgrades. Like a Metroid game, it takes longer to explore the first time, and then once you're familiar with everything you can beat it in under two hours. There's an achievement for beating the game in under 90 minutes; the last time I tried, I did it in 98 minutes. :)

If you're on Tinker Knight, there are two other Order Knights in that section, then Dr. Wily's Castle the Tower of Fate. If you'd like some tips for Tinker Knight, the Chaos Sphere (you can buy it in the first village) is pretty good at taking him down on foot without getting hit by wrenches. If you're having trouble jumping onto the robot, if you have magic left (or a chalice to recover it), you should also be able to strike him with the Throwing Anchor.

I also recommend the Throwing Anchor for Propeller Knight once he's airborne, and the Dynamo armor for Polar Knight -- he'll block your bounce attack and take a swing at you, but you can get a charge slash for every two bounces before he counterattacks.

If the NX has "industry leading chips" in it and tops the PS4/XBone as the rumors claim, the spotlight will be back on Ian Bell and Slightly Mad Studios to make a decision upon Ian's statement that they were waiting on Nintendo's next console. I could forgive the BS of that whole debacle if they bring PCARS2 to NX, but I won't count on it until they deliver. There's not really anything else to wish for in terms of third party racing games, is there?

For my first playthrough, I think I spent close to ten hours on it. It entirely depends on how much goofing around you do, such as replaying levels to find music sheets or earn money for upgrades. Like a Metroid game, it takes longer to explore the first time, and then once you're familiar with everything you can beat it in under two hours. There's an achievement for beating the game in under 90 minutes; the last time I tried, I did it in 98 minutes. :)

If you're on Tinker Knight, there are two other Order Knights in that section, then Dr. Wily's Castle the Tower of Fate. If you'd like some tips for Tinker Knight, the Chaos Sphere (you can buy it in the first village) is pretty good at taking him down on foot without getting hit by wrenches. If you're having trouble jumping onto the robot, if you have magic left (or a chalice to recover it), you should also be able to strike him with the Throwing Anchor.

I also recommend the Throwing Anchor for Propeller Knight once he's airborne, and the Dynamo armor for Polar Knight -- he'll block your bounce attack and take a swing at you, but you can get a charge slash for every two bounces before he counterattacks.
Thanks Wolfe, so far ive been trying a vanilla playthrough...no power-ups or similar but this is breaking me.

@Ddrizle -Gah!:crazy:. I was laying in bed trying to wake up and checking my tablet for emails. I saw you posted a metroid video, jumped out of bed, pressed play and then my heart sank when I saw it was a short film and not a Wii U game hahaha:(
:boggled:💡
. A good short film though
Indeed, an enjoyable short. 👍

Pokken Tournament

I think Nintendo should go in for an exclusive car racer instead of a 3rd Party, I think it would attract more people to the Wii U if it delivered, not to mention 3rd Party would just mean the Wii U is the inferior version (though, tbh I would still get the Wii U version)

While it isn't as powerful as the Xbox ONE or PS4, I think Wii U has enough to make a well made racing game. Some of the best racing games are still on the PS2 and have more content than PS3 games. I reckon Nintendo could pull off an interesting approach to the genre too like thy do with their other games, as the other games focus a lot on Online or Career Mode. Nintendo can be mostly about the Customization which the Gamepad would be perfect for as well as Local Multiplayer.

Though back to reality, this will likely never happen for the next 20 - 30 years.

Maybe the rumored concept gran prix title was incorrect, maybe it was too much of a "Me Too" title and was scrapped. Or maybe it's still on the way and/or maybe moved over to something else.....who knows.

Kinda sick of seeing all of these overhyped Characters in Smash Bros. it is turning into more of a battle of fan services and less of a clash of fighters.

The new FAST Racing Neo trailer is amazing looking, really hype for this.

Star Fox is so far away...wasn't expecting April. Graphics wise it still looks bland as all hell. Still though, mega-ton hype.

TP is my favorite Zelda so looking forward to giving it a whirl and getting the amiibo.

...on a side-note, I rrecieved my Rodea and The Sky Soldier Special limited-print edition edition yesterday. The Wii U version of the game is an absolutely travesty, from what I can tell it's the 3DS version upscaled rather than the Wii version in 'HD'. I haven't played the Wii version yet that came with this edition but apparently that is fantastic since it was the way the game was supposed to exist initially before Publisher troubles affected development.

Kinda sick of seeing all of these overhyped Characters in Smash Bros. it is turning into more of a battle of fan services and less of a clash of fighters.
I'm wondering what it means. My very first thought at the start of the reveal was that Nintendo had pulled some kind of grand slam reveal with the FFVII remake being promised for NX, but I suppose it's probably just a push for Final Fantasy Explorers via SSB4. In any case, it certainly seems like Square Enix has been repairing its relationship with Nintendo, which is nice even if Square haven't really done anything for me in years.

The new FAST Racing Neo trailer is amazing looking, really hype for this.

Star Fox is so far away...wasn't expecting April. Graphics wise it still looks bland as all hell. Still though, mega-ton hype.
A narrowed-down date for FRN is great, too. Looks like I can spend my breaks from exploring planet Mira on some high speed racing.

One of the complaints about SFZ since E3 was how they never depicted swarms of enemies like you could encounter in SF64; I couldn't care less about the graphics we've seen if it means they can manage the polys needed to offer crowded dogfights like that.

...on a side-note, I rrecieved my Rodea and The Sky Soldier Special limited-print edition edition yesterday. The Wii U version of the game is an absolutely travesty, from what I can tell it's the 3DS version upscaled rather than the Wii version in 'HD'. I haven't played the Wii version yet that came with this edition but apparently that is fantastic since it was the way the game was supposed to exist initially before Publisher troubles affected development.
I was sorta keeping an eye out for this game, but the eShop trailer really turned me off, presumably for the Wii U version. It really seemed...lacking. Let me know if the Wii version is significantly better!

CUANFkOXAAAIafM.jpg

So, I played a good two and a half hours of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and so far...I'm liking it. It's a crime how light on content it is, if you play these games for the 'Marioisms' don't bother buying it. Aside from amazing character animations the game could be a regular tennis game truth be told. Also, yes...the rumors are true, it has one stadium in the whole game that just changes surfaces(clay, carpet, grass etc). At full price it is a hard sell, but the online works amazingly and it plays a great game of tennis.

Pity there's basically no career mode or things like private lobbies. This game would be a lot better received if there was any semblance of effort outside the gameplay.

Usually I couldn't rate a game after 2 and a half hours, I can here.

65%

So, I played a good two and a half hours of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and so far...I'm liking it. It's a crime how light on content it is, if you play these games for the 'Marioisms' don't bother buying it. Aside from amazing character animations the game could be a regular tennis game truth be told. Also, yes...the rumors are true, it has one stadium in the whole game that just changes surfaces(clay, carpet, grass etc). At full price it is a hard sell, but the online works amazingly and it plays a great game of tennis.

Pity there's basically no career mode or things like private lobbies. This game would be a lot better received if there was any semblance of effort outside the gameplay.

Usually I couldn't rate a game after 2 and a half hours, I can here.

65%
That is what I am nervous about. It seems that after Mario Power Tennis, the content has been getting lighter and lighter every time.

I'll probably buy it when it becomes available Pre-owned.

That is what I am nervous about. It seems that after Mario Power Tennis, the content has been getting lighter and lighter every time.

I'll probably buy it when it becomes available Pre-owned.
If you don't like playing randoms only online with a VR style system don't buy this game. Literally the only good use for someone who wouldnt have IRL friends to play with. This seems to be what we're left with when Starfox and Zelda get delayed, Nintendo have a bit of a cheek making this full price.

Not to say I won't enjoy it, I really wanted a new Tennis game in general and this is the only option on next-gen consoles so my hand was forced, really.

Back