Will PD be reviewing laps?

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 132 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I agree that Forcednduckshn said it best and this whole "issue" of cutting needs to be put to rest. The thing that these complainers don't realize is that if the rules were changed and you couldn't cut at all, the same people would be winning. And even then someone could probably find something to complain about.

Back to topic, +1

I already proved a fast sim racer can be fast instantly without any real world experience in real life.

Just because you're fast in a sim doesn't mean you will suck in real life!

I got sponsored to do laps in a TAG kart at PBIR and beat a karting champion by a very good margin (TT, I wasn't strong enough to do a whole race), he WAS heavier, but you have to admit, without any experience and no more than around 60laps, that's pretty damn good don't you think?

What they want is a fast SIM racer that can be just as fast IRL. GT5 or any other similar sim is perfect for it.

lol YOU ALREADY PROVED THAT hahahaha

Sorry, thats just a really bold statement dude.

Tons of people have gone onto the race track from sim racing and done well already, just not publicly. I started on a race track then got into sim racing and I have seen both sides of it, I honestly think sim racing doesn't matter, even if you didn't do sim racing you probably would have been fast, certain types of people just have a knack for driving. I think the point Force was making was that just because your fast in a sim does not guarantee you will be fast in real life, but it also doesn't guarantee you will be slow either ;)

I agree that was pretty funny, I didn't put much thought into it.

I know others had done it before me and after me, it was just a way of saying I did it. Trust me, my English gets me in trouble a lot, specially with my wife :lol:

I agree that was pretty funny, I didn't put much thought into it.

I know others had done it before me and after me, it was just a way of saying I did it. Trust me, my English gets me in trouble a lot, specially with my wife :lol:

Its cool Andre, your not from the states? If I knew this was you I would have talked to you differently from the beginning haha.

Long long ago...when we both first started on iRacing you and I were in an oval race and yellow's came up every lap haha and you kept talking about turtle soup and I kept laughing and I think we both ended up wrecking lol its a small world.

I'm from Brazil,

I think I remember that race, was it a truck race? I don't remember what turtle soup was about though? That sounds really strange , small world indeed. What's your name?

I'm from Brazil,

I think I remember that race, was it a truck race? I don't remember what turtle soup was about though? That sounds really strange , small world indeed. What's your name?

I always thought you were from here haha I'll remain anonymous for now :)

Haha alright, after the academy is over it will be fun to go back to iRacing

I was thinking the other day I kind of miss it and I went and did a race in the SRF and actually got bored and just quit out...its not the same for me anymore...feels dead, the servers barely had anyone in them.

Here is the problem with that. In real life you avoid grass at all costs because it's crazy slippery, especially with slicks on. It's an unrealistic glitch / exploit because on a "real" Cape Ring you'd be eating wall if you hit that grass coming out of the corner.

I hope they do something. I'm tired of seeing people online who exploit this stuff or just outright cheat. DQ them and put up a wall of shame for them or something.:)

I just think it would be kinda stupid to DQ all those people who used these exploits when it was no fault of theirs that PD didn't implement a DQ for those places. If I weren't able to qualify with a clean lap I would have just used the exploit as well. I ended up using it because I was following the top drivers ghost's and they were lawn mowing

If by jumping off the bridge I don't get hurt, but instead qualify for the second round of GT Academy, then yes.

Sweet comparison... :rolleyes:

And what if they/you were to get DQ'd?
You'd be OK with that?

It certainly would be a wake up call, wouldn't it?

:rolleyes:

can we let it go already? This has gone on long enough on too many different threads. And yes I would jump off the bridge if I didn't get hurt, that would be a ton of fun actually.

I need everyone who came in like 1st through like 700 to get DQ'ed then I'm in! It could happen baby!

Why let it go?

Are you tired of people's comments about the G(rass mowing) T(rack cutting) Academy.

It's too bad that the people who don't want to discuss it are those who can't drive well enough to stay on the track or keep the car off the walls.
That's what I see when I viewed many replays.

And as far as me stopping, it won't happen until there is no more Academy, or the orginizers find an appropriate way to find the good drivers out there.
Using GT5 is useless without the penalties that prologue had at least.

It's also been said plenty of times that there is no need for bad driving to get in the top 128, but still it went on and on and on and on.

Lets see if for round 2 everyone can stay on the track and off the walls......:odd:

Here is some great driving.....I guess. :dunce:
Whatever.

And what if they/you were to get DQ'd?
You'd be OK with that?

It certainly would be a wake up call, wouldn't it?

:rolleyes:

It think the better wakeup call would be not cutting and missing the mark to get into the second round, especially when they are not going to dq anyone that did.

See what I did there? Argue all you want, I just think taking a moral stand on a grey area in the rules of a video game competition is pathetic.

Why let it go?

Are you tired of people's comments about the G(rass mowing) T(rack cutting) Academy.

It's too bad that the people who don't want to discuss it are those who can't drive well enough to stay on the track or keep the car off the walls.

And as far as me stopping, it won't happen until there is no more Academy, or the orginizers find an appropriate way to find the good drivers out there.

It's also been said plenty of times that there is no need for bad driving to get in the top 128, but still it went on and on and on and on.

Lets see if for round 2 everyone can stay on the track and off the walls......:odd:

Whatever.

Lap looks good to me. Never seen the timer go red to invalidate the time. If its allowed by all means do what ya gotta do (within the giving guidelines). Theres alot more then bragging rights on the line.

...and NO ONE was DQ'd it looks like, at least not anyone at the top cutting at the Cape.

I hope the final round 1 prize list puts an end to these conversations.

Bottom line - if the game allows it, it's legal. In round 2, everyone should use every advantage that the game allows. The only shame would be if you did not use a shortcut because a driving instructor or real life race steward would not approve, and then you did not make the subsequent round.

If virtual grass has to die in the process, so be it...

Last edited:
...and NO ONE was DQ'd it looks like, at least not anyone at the top cutting at the Cape.

I hope the final round 1 prize list puts an end to these conversations.

Bottom line - if the game allows it, it's legal. In round 2, everyone should use every advantage that the game allows. The only shame would be if you did not use a shortcut because a driving instructor or real life race steward would not approve, and then you did not make the subsequent round.

If virtual grass has to die in the process, so be it...

Well put. Definitely have got to use the resources available to you, to do the best you can. Can't let pride get in the way of moving on to subsequent rounds.

GTP_01GTP, what was your fastest ring lap? Just for conversation.

If you wanted a big prize you needed to play on the edge, to qualify you needed to be further from that edge. Was $600 of prizes worth hurting someones moral standards, yup! There is always the agony of defeat, the difference is how well you handle it. Crying to the guys that manicured the lawn will not change their tactics.

I might even repaint my new playseat John Deere green as a symbolic way of remembering how I did it, never mind the fact that my Tsukuba and Rome laps were good and clean and better than many that played in the contest.

But if it makes you sleep better keep on whining, there's plenty of cheese in the world.

Why let it go?

Whatever.

That is a perfectly legal way to go around the track in the competition it looks like. It just looks really bad for PD that their "simulator" has the fastest people going in the grass and smoke pouring out every other turn from the front tires lol. I don't recall seeing smoke pouring out of the fronts of any of the replays I watched of the top guys, not sure which replay you grabbed. I always used in car view though so maybe I didn't see it. I am thinking now, if that is really fast then I should just crank the wheel more and lock the fronts going into turns and let the front end of the car push its way out smoke blazin lol, not something I would logically think is practical or fast but if it works in the game I guess we gotta adapt right?

Whatever.

I'm glad I checked this out, never actually watched this one during round 1. It's so interesting to see how different people drive even in a game competition like this.

I might even repaint my new playseat John Deere green as a symbolic way of remembering how I did itQUOTE]

^^ LOL :) That's great !! ^^

Nice job, here's to round 2. I kept it "clean" at Cape Ring(through personal choice) and made it to round 2 so for the one's who say you have to; wrong. It's a personal choice not to deviate for those that didn't, and for any who failed to move onto round 2 because of it... Sounds like if you weren't fast enough to move on cleanly, sounds like you should have broken your rule... I am also a believer in not deviating, but I was able to do it.

Bottom line, sometimes in "chasing" a dream you may have to get a "little dirty."

GTP_01GTP, what was your fastest ring lap? Just for conversation.

If you wanted a big prize you needed to play on the edge, to qualify you needed to be further from that edge.
But if it makes you sleep better keep on whining, there's plenty of cheese in the world.

I always sleep fine.
I would not be sleeping well at all with that kind of driving though, win or lose.

My lap time does not matter in this conversation at all because I had no chance to continue through the 2nd round to the 3rd anyway as I know I'm not that good.
I could care less if I were first or dead last.

The best that can come from this is a learning experience for all involved, from the participants and the organizers, especially the organizers.
That is my gripe, the GT Academy as a whole, more so than how people drive.
The driving is another issue left to the individual to do as they see fit.
I have been driving against clean racers here at GTPlanet for many years, that's why I see this competition as the G(rass mowing) T(rack cutting) Academy.
I learned to drop out of such endeavors that are poorly organized.

I always sleep fine.
I would not be sleeping well at all with that kind of driving though, win or lose.

My lap time does not matter in this conversation at all because I had no chance to continue through the 2nd round to the 3rd anyway as I know I'm not that good.
I could care less if I were first or dead last.

The best that can come from this is a learning experience for all involved, from the participants and the organizers, especially the organizers.
That is my gripe, the GT Academy as a whole, more so than how people drive.
The driving is another issue left to the individual to do as they see fit.
I have been driving against clean racers here at GTPlanet for many years, that's why I see this competition as the G(rass mowing) T(rack cutting) Academy.
I learned to drop out of such endeavors that are poorly organized.

So now the 2 corners where the penalty system didn't kick in for going wide means the whole thing is poorly organized?
I totally agree with fix, best quote ever :D But where exactly was there any track "cutting?"

I have said this before. Even if the penalty system was 100% accurate........the same guys would be at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back