Will you form/join a GT4 online team? If not, why?

Sage
No. Why? Dial-up.

Baha, let's all laugh at dial up boy's expense :P **

Darin
Would you beable to take me on? Esspecially in that little mini?

For comparison's sake:

GoKents
Division 1
1'26.684 Unified

Division 2
1'30.034 Eagle

Division 3
1'35.219 Darin

I'm looking forward to your domination :D

I might join a team, depends what's on offer, I've found clans generally make games a lot more interesting, but I'm more interested in the people than the competition so whilst I'd want to join one with a reasonable level of skill where I felt we could compete with people on our level and do well, I'd want the people there to be fun and interesting and add to the experience, and more interested in just enjoying the racing and each other's company than necessarily winning everything.

** At this time I'd like to express that I've had a great time here on GTP and hope my legacy of flaming and insolence lives on long after Sage bans me.

To whom ever made this thread, I will make/join a team. But i have a question instead of making stupid threads which have probably already been made why do you want to know. Or what makes you think that people will or wont make/join a team. Does it matter. When the games comes out your question will be answered.

Dovesniper711
Makes so dam sense dude, if it doesnt matter, why do we have a GT4 thread? WHy dont we just wait till the game comes out.
Why do you come here to make posts then? I don't understand how people, who don't like threads about GT4, come here to read and post in them. Now that makes no damn sense, dude!

Hajaz
i just hope the host can set things like DFP players only. Im really looking forward to playing my new wheel online but id like to know that everyones fighting with the same weapons so to speak :)T
Do you say this just to make sure everyone is using the same equipment, or to say that DS2 gives quicker laps compared to DFP or vice versa?

As for giving an answer for the thread subject, I don't think I would join a team ( clan ) unless I could actually learn from the members and get better.

Lamboracer
To whom ever made this thread, I will make/join a team. But i have a question instead of making stupid threads which have probably already been made why do you want to know. Or what makes you think that people will or wont make/join a team. Does it matter. When the games comes out your question will be answered.

Hi, "Whom ever" here!

I started this thread just wanna see what people think about setting up or joining teams or what not. I did search for a related topic, but I could not find any that really talks about this subject. So I think there might not be one, well if there is one I am sorry to waste this website a single kilobyte. As you spend your prescious time to strongly point out on this "stupid" :dunce: thread how "stupid' :dunce: it is for someone to ask this kinda stuff, I just thought that it is a pretty good topic for discussion, you know, like all the topics in this kinda forum? I personally don't really think this topic is "stupid" :dunce:, oh but may be it is just me. Now, I wonder what do you post on those "will this car be in the GT4 game?" topics. :dunce:

I find this topic very useful already, now I can avoid you while playing online. THX!

My parents did not teach me how to post non-"stupid" :dunce: topics, but they taught me politeness and respect for other people, what did they teach you?

Conundrom creation? Confusion construction? I don't seem lambo's point.

On teams: I won't join a team or make one, I'm not good enough.

Rocket Punch
Hi, "Whom ever" here!
Now, I wonder what do you post on those "will this car be in the GT4 game?" topics. :dunce:

I find this topic very useful already, now I can avoid you while playing online. THX!

My parents did not teach me how to post non-"stupid" :dunce: topics, but they taught me politeness and respect for other people, what did they teach you?

Well i reply the same way on "will this car be in the GT4 game?" I do this because after 4 months on gtplanet i come to the gt4 forum for gt4 news not thoughts and topics. So i do like to come to forums to see stupid threads. And sure i dont have to read your theard if i dont want to. But my parents taught me to speak out and give my opion and just becuase i am giving creative critism 💡 about your topic so next time you may inprove on that it doesnt mean you dont have to race. Its about fun so you dont have to avoid me unless your scared to lose. jk

Lamboracer
i come to the gt4 forum for gt4 news

Well sadly there's little of that in supply most of the time, however, we have had some interesting updates recently, so just stick to reading those and avoid these threads. As far as new topics for discussion I find this one far more interesting than whether the Daihatsu Charade is going to be in, and it seems you're in the minority as everyone else is happily replying. If there was no point, Sage, the first person to reply, would have closed the thread. Instead, it's being allowed to run its course.

Hajaz: Why on Earth would you want to limit people's abilities to play based on their hardware? I just find it a bit of a weird concept because the performance difference is negligible and some people honestly can't afford a more expensive wheel like a DFP, or simply can't be bothered buying one and setting it up just for one game. I know I have no room in my bedroom for one, and I do fine with the DS2, I always have in GT. I think it would be possible but I wouldn't want to see it done, I'd feel quite cheated to miss out on great races just because I'm not as 'dedicated' as someone with a wheel.

I might be a wanderer (like on TXRZ. lol) But I wouldn't start a team. it would be to hard for me to get anyone to join. So I must just race anyone who wants to race.

I was thinking of using GT4 as the next game that my old clan would move too but I have decided not to........(most likely anyway) because I am moving through high school and studies is becoming increasingly important.

My old clan was with Midtown Madness 2, we once had over 40 members :)

I won't be going online purely because i can't afford broadband.
But i am very seriously considering buying the official GT wheel - but it will mean i have to learn how to use it. I've only ever used a wheel once and that was for about five minutes playing Driver (original) about when it was released. :embarrassed:

I think i'll start a team called: Team 'RiceSpeed' (an oxymoron surely) - all that we will drive is Civics, with no 'upgrades' other than fully adustable suspension (but only to drop it to the ground) and the most horific 'rims' available - and any other garish additions that GT4 will allow us.

But then again, maybe i won't, since i don't have a internet connection anyway.

Lamboracer, why don't you lighten up, seriously, some of us come here for just the GT4 forums and couldn't be bothered to look anywhere else(GTPlanet is a great site, but i have my own Forum to run as well, it may not be as big but it takes a heap of my time).

i come here to have conversations with people who are waiting for GT4 as anxiously as i am. i want to talk about anything to do with GT4, not just get news and information, if i wanted that i'd sit at IGN or gamespot all day hitting refresh.

I'd probably like to join an online GT team, be a nice change to the usual FPS clans I've been in for years. Whether I'll be any good is a different matter. I'm just hoping my 'natural talent' is enough to compete with the lap time jockeys in an actual race :sly:

I'm not sure yet what the point of a clan would be, as I'm not so sure what kind of team activities GT4 would allow, though I'm sure that there would be groups of people that would only want to drive together or indeed a certain type of car or something. I'm personally looking forward more to online competitions like we've seen in the weekly races here, or the tournaments at gtweb, or the big season competitions at granturismo.de ... The latter actually had subteams though, that was kind of fun too. Working together on setups and improving laptimes and so on to improve teamscore.

Id quite like to be part of an O/L team, but dont know if I'd be quick enough. I imagine some of the WRS regulars would form a team.

Id be a bit cautious of other racers that might try to cheat their way around the circuit ? I mean at the moment the way of putting a fast lap in then submitting a replay is very fair but at the same time it would be a lot more involving playing online and far more interesting.

Over at my team, Infinity Racing, we don't really care if you aren't any good. In fact we welcome those that don't think they're good, not so we can beat up on them, but so we can help make them better. The primary focus of the competitions over there is just having fun, and for self-improvement. The guys over there are good about helping you out, too.

Arwin, the point of having a team/clan is to get people organized; have organized competitions, and have organized game nights with people that you know and are friends with. Sure you can do that with a major forum like this one, but teams and clans are a more personal venue.

Mustang-man
I won't be going online purely because i can't afford broadband.
But i am very seriously considering buying the official GT wheel - but it will mean i have to learn how to use it. I've only ever used a wheel once and that was for about five minutes playing Driver (original) about when it was released. :embarrassed:

Mustang-man, I am happy for you. I think the wheel is really a good investment and you will have tons of fun with it. The 900 Deg is a really awesome experience!

Lamboracer, may be I over reacted a little and I am not afraid of losing cause I always win! LOL jk :dopey:

I'd make one if i wasnt too lazy to make and run a website for the team also... I'd gladly be one of the leaders though helping to run practices in preparation for battles and such. helping out w/ tuning etc...

I'm definatly starting a WRX clan. The only requirement is that you drive a WRX. We're definatly going to have clan battles and stuff, maybe I'll start a 3 on 3 leauge or something :) If anyone here has the same love for the WRX as I do, let me know.

TheCracker
But then again, maybe i won't, since i don't have a internet connection anyway.

I'm curious how you posted that then ;)

People who try to beat everyone generally only wind up beating themselves.

I'm looking forward to who of the WRS forms a team, I've been meaning to talk to GoKents to see if anything's already in the works in terms of competitions, but given we know so little it seemed a tad premature.

Hey four of a kind I'd be up for a wrx clan. I just hope they have the 22b I havn't seen it yet, on the other hand I only have 56k so nevermind

Back