Will you form/join a GT4 online team? If not, why?

Considering the kind of life I've lived since getting through middle school, I've been more of a loner. So team play... no way. I'm not really a team player anymore. I can do teams, but that is my biggest weakness. It means that you and your partners must work together and co-operate. And also considering that I can care less about online play, that means that I'm not joining any team or competing in any championship. I like the concept of it, but I'm not reliant on starting a team or getting online for anything other than surfing the Internet or chatting.

I would certainly love to have a team ladder system implemented by someone (or at least a ladder system that had team support), I would, but getting people to assist in maintainance would be horrifying. (email me if you are interested however).

For those who want an easy to maintain site for a team
Help is on the way. Currently myself and a number of other programmers are building a PHP based content management system made specifically for GT4 teams/clans (boredom got the best of us). Currently in its alpha stages however. :yuck:

But back to the real question of the thread.

Yes, most likely will make one, if the response isn't great, I'll probably join someone else's, most likely will be a big drag race person.

keep us updated on that CMS, if it looks and works well (and provided its under an Open Source license) i may integrate it into my current site

The code will be provided free of charge under open source license and I will definately keep everyone posted on the development of this in hope of creating something that'll be widely used.

To me, the most gratifying experience by setting up a team is meet and race with people that shares you idea of what your definition of racing should be. It only take one of those bastards, who crashes everyone at the start or the first corner or going backwards because the noob already lost the race on the first lap, to ruin everyone's race. If you ever play any online racing game at all, you will know who those people I am talking about.

All I freaking want is to have clean races, with people who don't use their cars as weapons to take people out. Am I asking too much???

TheCracker
I post from work on a nice quick broadband connection - so i don't need one at home ;)

Clever bast*rd.

Being a loner ain't no fun John, you're gonna have to get into the team spirit. The whole point of teams is just being around with people you like - not your average irritating dolt off the street. Clans reformed me, you should try them.

Well, I might think about joining a team. As long as it's not one of those
"We're the best GT4 racers"

But like I said before, I'll probably just race anyone who wants to race.

Eagle
Clever bast*rd.

Being a loner ain't no fun John, you're gonna have to get into the team spirit. The whole point of teams is just being around with people you like - not your average irritating dolt off the street. Clans reformed me, you should try them.

I agree, you should try online racing, its alot funner than racing the AI, you get to meet heaps of nice people and have a good, fun, challenging race!

Anyways, I would make a team, I was thinking of making an GTPlanet online team for race driver 2, but there isn't enough people here that play it that I know of.

Back