Witcher 3

Dunno. Never really gave me a good feeling.

That's like your typical Dragonball Z guy, going "that was about 50% of my true power!" after winning a fight :lol: Might as well not use the dodge buttons.

I wouldn't do it myself, especially since my main focus is on the story and absorbing the environment. But in a way it's not that much different than changing the difficulty. The difficulty probably also plays around with the damage dealt and attack damage.

I'm playing the game on normal easy mode. I'm experiencing a lot of glitch and bugs and instability on the PS4 with this version 1.04. What I want to know is how are you all leveling up so quick??? I'm using decoctions and potions but of the yellow noticeboards in novigrad only had like one jog for me to do. I thought you could do most of these side quests on notice boards. Not sure if my play through is hugely bugged or cursed. I'm now at level 25. Can't understand how people are getting upto level 34 or 70+. I've done a few things in skellige and am at the brothers in arms. Crowned Ceres as new queen. Fought the giants and been to the destillery. I've literally got gather people to help in wild hunt battle. can you guys tell me how your leveling up so fast. And have you noticed yellow noticeboards turn white with no jobs to do after doing one on each board in novigrad. Even in the old women exclamation mark just outside novigrad and the man for the black pearl exclamation mark he was badly bugged and almost never worked. It took me a few goes to get the quest to trigger.

What the **** is wrong with the FPS on PS4? Not even Assassin's Creed Unity felt this bad (and that's is saying a lot...). The game runs fine until it stutters and oh boy, when it does stutter it feels like you are getting hit in your chest. This doesn't feel anything like the usual 25-29 FPS drops. The stutters are also so extremely frequent during close-ups that it actually becomes hard to look. I have never experienced anything this jarring in a game before.

Patch 1.05 out for X1 and PS4

- Gold will no longer reset beyond 65535
- Fixes lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Mutagen bonuses will now be saved properly.
- Potion of Clearance will no longer be automatically placed into the quick slot if player runs out of other edibles
- Fixes issue where some skills were not removed properly by Potion of Clearance
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI

Got my motherboard fixed yesterday and installed The Witcher 3 after a veeeery long wait without having a PC.

I turned off Hairworks, turned off motion blur (I found it rather distracting), and changed foliage distance visibility or something down to high. Everything else on max.

Games is running perfectly on my GTX780, and my gosh it looks beautiful!

Do we earn enough ability points in the game to upgrade and activate every skill combat, signs, alchemy, general. Also I've been looking for a 100% blue mutagen. Does anyone know if they exist. I have a green 100% mutagen. And does patch 1.05 fix some if the quests marked with an exclamation mark? For example the old lady with the children outside Novigrad.

Do we earn enough ability points in the game to upgrade and activate every skill combat, signs, alchemy, general. Also I've been looking for a 100% blue mutagen. Does anyone know if they exist. I have a green 100% mutagen. And does patch 1.05 fix some if the quests marked with an exclamation mark? For example the old lady with the children outside Novigrad.
Green mutagens are absolute numbers, 50 vitality, 100 and 150 respectively. Red and blue are percentages and go 5%, 7% and 10%.

Regardless of how many skill points you get (there is no level cap), you can only ever equip 12 skills. That's the maximum number of skill slots.

Why don't they put a fence where it is dangerous to go down. I was following someone and inadvertently went down to a ledge. The only way to go was down... I died... not happy!! Took a break! I presume I won't have lost much next time I play as I expect there was an Autosave close to where it happened.

Finished the main quest today. Really enjoyed the ride. Now I don't want to do any more quests :/

Why don't they put a fence where it is dangerous to go down. I was following someone and inadvertently went down to a ledge. The only way to go was down... I died... not happy!! Took a break! I presume I won't have lost much next time I play as I expect there was an Autosave close to where it happened.

What do you mean by a fence, exactly?

I'm stuck on the very top edge snowy mountain peak of the Skellige Isles with Roach I guess I took the wrong route to get to the Let Avallac'h know everythings ready part of Battle Preparations main quest. I tried to jump into the sea but he hit the cliffs and dies lol. I have had a few miss fortunate deaths where there was no auto save for quite a bit of the main story. I'm at level 33 though now.

Green mutagens are absolute numbers, 50 vitality, 100 and 150 respectively. Red and blue are percentages and go 5%, 7% and 10%.

Regardless of how many skill points you get (there is no level cap), you can only ever equip 12 skills. That's the maximum number of skill slots.

Ok so that how mutagens are. I was meaning For my Geralt I have spent 52 points in total so far. Heres how. For Combat skills My Geralt is at Level 2 muscle memory, level 2 strength training, level 1 deflection, level 1 lightning reflexes, level 1 resolve.

The Signs skills I have is level 2 far reaching aard, level 3 aard sweep, level 5 aard intensity, level 2 melt armor, level 2 fire stream, level 5 igni intensity, level 1 pyrotechnics, level 2 sustained glyphs, level 1 magic trap, level 3 exploding shield, level 3 active shield, level 3 delusion, level 1 puppet.

I spent most of my points on upgrading signs skills as with ekhidna decoction and arch griffin decoctions each sign I cast regens Vitality. i suppose I can use white raffard and full moon too but they are for backup in dire situations with hard boss fights for when i run out of superior swallow. I always on default have superior thunderbolt and swallow in my consumables slots at all times. So at the moment my Geralt is virtually unkillable.

I just hope I get more skill points so I can upgrade the above signs even more. But I would need 33 more points which i don't think I'm going to get but i don't know. I guess I can take the potion of clearance to reset all my skill points to default and then spend them all where i want them. So 52 points is what the game has scored me in total so far upto battle preparations quest.

That's right. Someone from health and safety should get onto that before someone is really injured. :P

I've done the same a few times, and had to take the same breaks afterwards. Part of me likes it that the game doesn't hold your hand, although it does get up my nose when it's the result of the slightly derpy controls.

I guess I can take the potion of clearance to reset all my skill points to default and then spend them all where i want them. So 52 points is what the game has scored me in total so far upto battle preparations quest.

Just buy the potion. It's like 1000 crowns, which is totally nothing if you're level 33.

The Wolf gear really came in handy before the final fights with the wild hunt, caranthir and eredin. For me the fight with eredin was easier than the fight with caranthir. Using Ekhidna and Archgriffin decoctions along with superior swallow I lost no life at all. Geralt was virtually non kill-able. Now that I've completed the game I have no desire to play any more of the side quests even though I haven't done any in Skellige. I enjoyed the game overall very much, it was very good but its weighing on me now. Especially when you play it so much you start to get bored a little of repetitive nature of gameplay mechanics and things. I'll definantely give the game a 9/10 and would play the next witcher. Time for something new. While I'm waiting for Hitman on PS4 to release, well I'm moving on to Batman Arkham Knights now. Just bought last night. So long Witcher 3 sweet dreams Geralt.

Wow! What a ride it was. I'm proud that my compatriots made something that remarkable especially considering that author of the books is living in my city. Extra shout outs to polish dubbing crew who made absolutely incredible work with the dialogues.

I give it a solid 9/10 , everything is awesome except some missing characters and weird changes from the books, few technical issues, disappointing end game state of the world (where are all my friends and family? I so wanted to meet with whole gang once more after the main storyline finished) and bloody inventory management. Also last act feels little bit rushed but the whole game is so massive that I'll give developers a pass for that.

Can't wait for expansions. I'm sure they'll cook something delicious from all the ingredients they have.

Extra tip for PS4 users, if the game starts to lag or AI of the monsters/npc's/animals starts to behave in weird manner it is good idea to close and restart application (memory leaks?). It helped with performance of the game quite a few times on my system.

EDIT: Forgot to add, Team Yennefer all the way!! I would have been heartbroken if Geralt and Yen wouldn't end up together in my game after all they have been through in books and W3. :)

Last edited:
Especially when you play it so much you start to get bored a little of repetitive nature of gameplay mechanics and things.

I find that I'm still playing, but not as much. The mechanics of the game aren't really anything special, it's basic RPG stuff at best. Once you figure the combat out it's pretty trivial, especially later in the game.

What made it great for me is the story and characters, and the sidequests are mostly just as well written as the main story was. I'm happy to keep working through it so that when the big DLC comes out in a few months I've seen everything that there is to see.

I'm still playing. I've been clearing as many of the ? in Vellan and Novigrad. Nearly done them all.

I've hardly moved the story on much. I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to get everything moved on and move up a few levels. Then I can start plugging away with the ? etc on Skellige.

New Witcher update makes some really nice tweaks.

Especially in the Inventory.

Big update just for those so I suspect some bigger changes under the skin have taken place.

New Witcher update makes some really nice tweaks.

Especially in the Inventory.

Big update just for those so I suspect some bigger changes under the skin have taken place.

The biggie for me was the alternative movement. Geralt's much more responsive with it.

I'm a little late to the party but I felt that in the giant chasm of time between now and the next Elder Scrolls game, I'd give this a go.

It's a lot of fun and the design seems very well thought out. It's pretty intuitive which is pretty rare for RPGs these days.

Aaaanyway the problem I'm having the most is that I didn't play the first or second but it's constantly shovelling references to it at me like I did. It's pretty adamant that I know who these people are.

Load times are pretty nice, but there's a pretty alarming lack of regular checkpoints (although maybe that being a problem is my fault for dying so much).

Is there no upper limit to how much you can carry? It's telling me weights and stuff but I've just been stealing left right and centre (games like this immediately turn me into the worst kind of kleptomaniac) and it's never told me I'm carrying too much...

Aaaanyway the problem I'm having the most is that I didn't play the first or second but it's constantly shovelling references to it at me like I did. It's pretty adamant that I know who these people are.

Yeah CD Red kinda expected you to have played Witcher 1 or 2, or at least know what happened. But I think they also realized how much people will be playing Witcher 3 because it isn't a huge problem outside of the main quest. Plus they provided a glossary of every character you meet.

Load times are pretty nice, but there's a pretty alarming lack of regular checkpoints (although maybe that being a problem is my fault for dying so much).

Guessing you're on consoles..

Is there no upper limit to how much you can carry? It's telling me weights and stuff but I've just been stealing left right and centre (games like this immediately turn me into the worst kind of kleptomaniac) and it's never told me I'm carrying too much...

I think they've reduced weights on a lot of things in patch 1.07. But when you become overencumbered it'll add an icon along the row of status effects during gameplay. There's also stashes 1.07 added where you can store your stuff in.

Sounds good.

I've really taken my time with this one. I've enjoyed every minute. I'm hoping to have the main quest wrapped up at some point this month.

I forgot to post this days ago, but there are some good recaps on youtube. I used the ones from this user for Witcher 2: https://www.youtube.com/user/rasslytam1

This one also looks pretty good:

And Witcher 1

I've only bought the game for my PS4 a few weeks ago, never played W1 or W2, and I'm absolutely loving this. 👍
Apart from a few bugs (more of these) and glitches (less of these), none of them game-breaking so far, and the fact that during bigger gaming sessions I need to close the game and fire it up again as it starts to slow down, especially on the menus, it's quite an impressive package. The graphics and sound design is just nothing short of amazing, and the story and dialogues are very well written and delivered.

Currently I'm level 33 and playing the Battle Preparations quest in Skellige. Just a few more points and I'll finally be able to put on my Mastercrafted Feline Gear and swords.
I crafted both the Griffin and the Feline Mastercrafted ones, but already decided I'm using the Feline. Liked the stats better, and draws less stamina. Since I've been relying on Signs much more than potions, it's much more useful to me.

I have a question for you guys:

I see some - though few - gear with a level of 45. How the hell am I even supposed to get that high?!...
Like I said, I'm currently level 33, done every single of the "?" everywhere except Skellige, and all the side quests and contracts I could get my hands on.
In Skellige the "?" count is almost absurd, and MOST of them are in the ocean (smugglers cache usually). The ones on land I've done almost entirely already, and I've only about 60 to go in total, which is not even nearly enough to go a couple of levels, let alone 12 of them...

I've had quite a few quests/contracts that weren't simple and were very time consuming only awarding me with 4xp or sometimes even less. Is this normal or some sort of bug in the game? It's really frustrating when it happens.

@Beerz

I think the XP modelling is at play. It's awarding you XP based on the level of the quest and you. It is tricky and really annoying.

The PC master race guys have they own mod to give the full XP no matter what.

I'm not sure about the weapons and Armour when it goes to those levels. I have a feeling the Devs had something much grander in mind but have had to hold a nice portion back until the DLC.

I'm still only Lvl 27 after over 55 hours of gaming. :D

I'd love for the Dev team to implement a realistic mode so the positions do damage to your health meter and the only thing which restores it is meditation (risky due attacks) and food to be caught/killed or bought. All chest are locked which the keys need to be found and no looting of sack or barrels/boxes etc.

Also no horse until you can buy one and walking running is your friend but this sap your energy too. No fast travel etc.

Day Z meets Witcher = bliss

Last edited:
Back