WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,912 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't said much recently because I need to decide on which car works for me, and I left my power cable at a friend's house. I should have it before Saturday, though.
 
S2
I haven't said much recently because I need to decide on which car works for me, and I left my power cable at a friend's house. I should have it before Saturday, though.

FuturesPassed; you have a really cool PSN name. ;)


Anyways, join the WRC class! :) All of the cars are very equal, and we're almost at full strength in the WRC class. Having 16 drivers in that class, it would make the Rally Experience so much more realistic! :lol: :D :) :p
 
FuturesPassed; you have a really cool PSN name. ;)


Anyways, join the WRC class! :) All of the cars are very equal, and we're almost at full strength in the WRC class. Having 16 drivers in that class, it would make the Rally Experience so much more realistic! :lol: :D :) :p

Most definetely, join the Works division for sure, there's only 3 slots left though. Peugeot, Suzuki, and Citroen. Other than that, you can join all of the divisions if you wish. I'm running Works and JWRC. :)
 
Most definetely, join the Works division for sure, there's only 3 slots left though. Peugeot, Suzuki, and Citroen. Other than that, you can join all of the divisions if you wish. I'm running Works and JWRC. :)

We just mean that Works will be the most fun.
 
Most definetely, join the Works division for sure, there's only 3 slots left though. Peugeot, Suzuki, and Citroen. Other than that, you can join all of the divisions if you wish. I'm running Works and JWRC. :)
I'll drive a Peugeot in works, then; I remember having a good setup for it. I might join JWRC as well, if I can find a good car for it.
 
S2
I'll drive a Peugeot in works, then; I remember having a good setup for it. I might join JWRC as well, if I can find a good car for it.

Awesome, 4 complete Works teams now. :D JWRC is a blast as well, I'd recommend joining in. There's a lot of good cars to use for it, its just a matter of waiting the UCD out for a decent 1.6L car if you dont have anything.

💡 I have Peugeot 106 if you want to try it. I just realized the genius of that as well, you drive the 206 :dopey:👍
 
I forgot about the Peugeot 106! Is the evolution rally car able to compete in JWRC?
 
S2
I forgot about the Peugeot 106! Is the evolution rally car able to compete in JWRC?

:lol: This guy is the most creative guy in the world. :sly:
 
S2
Is the evolution rally car able to compete in JWRC?

Quick answer, no.

Only 1.6L(1550-1600cc) Front drive production cars are allowed. Civics come to my mind but my JWRC car is a Civic..
 
Last edited:
Ah, alright; I would've checked for myself if I had access to the game at the moment. Once I do, I'll definitely have something for it.
 
Welcome to my team mate! Is your PSN the same as your GTP?

And, as metalgear said, 1,6 liters are the max. for JWRC cars. Any higher will not be allowed :)
 
Ok, so I read over the OP again, and realized that when this starts, I'll be first on the road. O_O

Will there be any type of testing?
 
Ok, so I read over the OP again, and realized that when this starts, I'll be first on the road. O_O

Will there be any type of testing?

According to Rallymorten, there's something in the works for this weekend. :)
 
According to Rallymorten, there's something in the works for this weekend. :)

About that event this weekend. I found out yesterday I wont be making it. Without getting depressing I have a funeral to attend. :indiff: I'm leaving today and will be back on sunday. I've recently been having a bunch of little things taking my time away at bad times lol.

Don't worry about me though, I'll be fine to miss this one test rally but that's it. I just had 2 series I had to leave because of work. :grumpy: WRC is the only thing I have right now lol. I'll be checking the times and reviews when I come home for sure. :D

CR-X=/Civic... :scared:

:lol: However no Civic can match the CR-X 👍
 
Don't worry about me though, I'll be fine to miss this one test rally but that's it. I just had 2 series I had to leave because of work. :grumpy: WRC is the only thing I have right now lol. I'll be checking the times and reviews when I come home for sure. :D

I don't worry about my teammate. Of course, I think my input will be the most important of the feedback that you'll be reading afterwards. It might be the first time we can legitimately compare cars/tunes/driving styles etc.
 
It might be the first time we can legitimately compare cars/tunes/driving styles etc.

That's the part I'm not liking to miss. I've only tested with you and random noobs that can't keep up with my CRX :lol: You're right though, I'll ask you whats up and how it went when I get back.
 
That's the part I'm not liking to miss. I've only tested with you and random noobs that can't keep up with my CRX :lol: You're right though, I'll ask you whats up and how it went when I get back.

PMs specifically bud. Then we can get down into very specific details, and find out who's faster, and where.


I'm still glad to have had our random testing, but, the visibility, draft etc., is all too biased for/against the following car, and I had to brake later than I'd like, to ensure that you didn't smash into me, meaning that it's difficult to have two rally cars running flat out, side-by-side, so that test meant little more than team-building. :)
 
MrMelancholy15
According to Rallymorten, there's something in the works for this weekend. :)

Yes, I can confirm there will be a test this weekend and in 2 weeks.
The stage is Eiger tarmac track and Eiger K trial both weeks.
Both stages are 3 laps, being:

Recce lap where I will show you were the start lines are

Competition stage

Extra lap to ensure that you don't finish the race :)
 
Considering giving this a shot.
 
I just got access to my PS3 for the first time in over a week. I re-checked the rules and realized I will need another 206 rally car because the one I have has the stage 3 engine mod, which is not allowed. If anyone has one without any mods that I could have/borrow, it would be greatly appreciated. I can offer:

Level 8 Ticket
Level 4 Ticket
1000 Ticket
Various used cars (mostly not 0/0/0)

In the meantime, I'll practice with the one I have (so I can just transfer the tune to the new car) and check the UCD.

I won't have a problem getting a JWRC car, though.
 
OK; with a bit of short notice, the chances of a test rally this weekend is narrowing :( I have completely forgot that I have another test session to do, and I haven't yet got around to pm'ing people :(
 
Ooh, got room for another? I'd love to enter the JWRC... with a Focus RS Peugeot 207 GTi, if that's alright? I've been waiting for an active WRC for ages... even though I'm not the fastest driver out there on the dirt. But I'm working on that. :sly:

GTP User: wolfdragon97
PSN User: wolfdragon97
Car: Ford Focus RS '02 Peugeot 207 GTi '07

EDIT: Does it matter that I've chosen a Peugeot for JWRC? Because the two slots in the Peugeot section are taken... just a bit confused if that counts for JWRC or not.
 
Last edited:
Ooh, got room for another? I'd love to enter the JWRC... with a Focus RS Peugeot 207 GTi, if that's alright? I've been waiting for an active WRC for ages... even though I'm not the fastest driver out there on the dirt. But I'm working on that. :sly:

GTP User: wolfdragon97
PSN User: wolfdragon97
Car: Ford Focus RS '02 Peugeot 207 GTi '07

EDIT: Does it matter that I've chosen a Peugeot for JWRC? Because the two slots in the Peugeot section are taken... just a bit confused if that counts for JWRC or not.

The Peugeot slots from OP are for the Works Peugeot team, meaning for an entirely different "class." The Peugeot Works team fights for overall honours (in the WRC.) It doesn't affect JWRC.
 
MrMelancholy15
The Peugeot slots from OP are for the Works Peugeot team, meaning for an entirely different "class." The Peugeot Works team fights for overall honours (in the WRC.) It doesn't affect JWRC.

That's right. I'll need to check up on the JWRC cars used to assure they're all 1.6 liter engines.
 
That's right. I'll need to check up on the JWRC cars used to assure they're all 1.6 liter engines.

Mine's like 1596, I think. I hope that's okay. :) In reality, though, Hyundai makes a lot of 1.6s, but there weren't any in the game. I was shocked when I saw that the Mitsubishi gets 1596cc or something, but like 330 hp. Not bad. :sly: MIVEC works... (unless mated to the worst automatic transmission in the world... regardless, I still like Mitsubishi.)
 
The Peugeot slots from OP are for the Works Peugeot team, meaning for an entirely different "class." The Peugeot Works team fights for overall honours (in the WRC.) It doesn't affect JWRC.

Ah, okay. I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Thanks! 👍

That's right. I'll need to check up on the JWRC cars used to assure they're all 1.6 liter engines.

The 207 is 1598cc, so basically 1.6, I believe. :)

I take it there's no tuning restrictions, just so as long as it's 280bhp or under and at the lightest 1100kg? Trying to tune my own car for once... although I'm seeking a tad bit of help from the tuning forums. That's not classed as cheating, is it?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong! First time I've entered a championship on GTP... can you tell? :dopey:
 
Ah, okay. I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Thanks! 👍



The 207 is 1598cc, so basically 1.6, I believe. :)

I take it there's no tuning restrictions, just so as long as it's 280bhp or under and at the lightest 1100kg? Trying to tune my own car for once... although I'm seeking a tad bit of help from the tuning forums. That's not classed as cheating, is it?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong! First time I've entered a championship on GTP... can you tell? :dopey:

Welcome!
 
wolfdragon97
Ah, okay. I thought so, just wanted to make sure. Thanks! 👍

The 207 is 1598cc, so basically 1.6, I believe. :)

I take it there's no tuning restrictions, just so as long as it's 280bhp or under and at the lightest 1100kg? Trying to tune my own car for once... although I'm seeking a tad bit of help from the tuning forums. That's not classed as cheating, is it?

Everything is fine in that :) and yes, anything with 1600 ccm or less can enter the JWRC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back