WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,912 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2.16.133.. Frustrating! I've tried so many cars and not one can do more than 60 going up the hill. Is this happening to everyone else?
 
I hit 65
 
Should we start this soon its dieing
 
Just to put everyone into the mood.

 
Should we start this soon its dieing

I do agree interest seems to be falling a bit.. I'm not sure how far Rallymorten is along with making the Rallyes but I'm sure it takes an dreadful amount of time and patience. I have patience though, these things take time. 👍

In the meantime, we do have the test rally coming up hopefully soon. Thats something to look forward to. I'm always up for practice sessions too. I usually spend 2 to 3 hours a day practicing for the WRC. Other people would make it less lonely :lol:

Also, this goes for everyone; mention the series to your GT5 friends if you havent already. Bit of grassroots recruiting. I've asked mine already, no dice. :indiff:
 
I'm thinking of changing the rallies to only be their "real" locations, Eiger Nordwand, Chamonix, Alaska, Liege, Toscana, Mt. Aso and (possibly) a Nürburgring Rally Sprint. It means a little reorganization but it should be possible to do. What do you think?
 
I'm thinking of changing the rallies to only be their "real" locations, Eiger Nordwand, Chamonix, Alaska, Liege, Toscana, Mt. Aso and (possibly) a Nürburgring Rally Sprint. It means a little reorganization but it should be possible to do. What do you think?

I'm all for it. Without immediately spilling out every stage/track combo, Eiger and Chamonix have enough variations and reversed tracks for pretty varied rallies.

Toscana only has reverse, obviously combine it with the Toscana tarmac.
Alaska, Liege, and Mt Aso would just need a few tracks made and we're in. :D

As for Nurburgring, that sounds pretty intriguing. :sly: Would the track be broken up into smaller stages? I'm totally into using cars as gates :lol: just time the stages with the ol' stopwatch in the replay.

I really think its worth the reorganization, its probably a good bit of work to do but its going to be worth it in the long run.
 
metalgear696
I'm all for it. Without immediately spilling out every stage/track combo, Eiger and Chamonix have enough variations and reversed tracks for pretty varied rallies.

Toscana only has reverse, obviously combine it with the Toscana tarmac.
Alaska, Liege, and Mt Aso would just need a few tracks made and we're in. :D

As for Nurburgring, that sounds pretty intriguing. :sly: Would the track be broken up into smaller stages? I'm totally into using cars as gates :lol: just time the stages with the ol' stopwatch in the replay.

I really think its worth the reorganization, its probably a good bit of work to do but its going to be worth it in the long run.

That's just about what I was thinking :)
 
That's just about what I was thinking :)

Awesome :) I did a one over on the current OP. Since you're likely going to completely re-do it, I noticed a couple current things that need mentioned/fixed.

There should be mention somewhere that we're allowed to sign up for more than one division, preferably towards the top. I think you said earlier only being able to enter 1 division per lobby. JWRC or PWRC, not both since the fields got cut to 8 apiece(for example). I'm completely fine with that.

Second thing is this;

"There may not be more than 2 drivers per manufacturer in each class. ......stuff and some reading........ Again, the support classes are excepted."

The paragraph is good, I'm just wondering with the inclusion of the HWRC and BWRC, are they counting as support classes as well? Just curious.
 
metalgear696
Awesome :) I did a one over on the current OP. Since you're likely going to completely re-do it, I noticed a couple current things that need mentioned/fixed.

There should be mention somewhere that we're allowed to sign up for more than one division, preferably towards the top. I think you said earlier only being able to enter 1 division per lobby. JWRC or PWRC, not both since the fields got cut to 8 apiece(for example). I'm completely fine with that.

Second thing is this;

"There may not be more than 2 drivers per manufacturer in each class. ......stuff and some reading........ Again, the support classes are excepted."

The paragraph is good, I'm just wondering with the inclusion of the HWRC and BWRC, are they counting as support classes as well? Just curious.

I'll see what can be done, and HWRC and BWRC count as support classes as well :)
 
Still able to sign up for this?
 
Ah, put me down for the Citroen WRC team.
 
Xstylez
Ah, put me down for the Citroen WRC team.

Then we're 1 to go for Citroën, Suzuki and Peugeot.

And I think I will close the support classes, there does not seem to be enough interest in them after all. If interested please sign up :)
 
Do I have to resign up for the pwrc and jwrc?
 
Eiger etc.

In fairness, it still comes down to skill, either way, but, I think we could work out a mix of both real tracks and Liège tracks, etc. Certainly, it's still up to you.
 
In fairness, it still comes down to skill, either way, but, I think we could work out a mix of both real tracks and Liège tracks, etc. Certainly, it's still up to you.

If thats to keep people who are savagely good at the real rally tracks honest then I see the point of it.

Like me and Eiger, I've got a lot practice there. But at a place like Chamonix and I'm gonna get smoked, I'm horrible on the snow. :lol: It balances out but I think I see the point of it. If thats the point of it.

Still, I like the GT themed rallies. :D

Also, I read a certain bit of news about the closing of support classes. I'm bummed but hey Works is almost full so thats pretty cool. Still, my CRX was only 5 or so seconds slower than my Works Evo on most tracks :sly: I had thing perfectly dialed in. JWRC probably would have been a blowout :dopey:
 
My fiat would've had you
 
If thats to keep people who are savagely good at the real rally tracks honest then I see the point of it.

Real rally drivers can't see the track in advance, though. That's my point, in the matter. I mean, we're going pretty similarly, with the whole "timing" system, to what they run in real life... Why not just run the tracks that we don't know?


Also, I've got everyone here screwed on the snow, guaranteed. It has nothing to do with being German-Canadian (:lol: IT DEFINITELY DOES)
 
Real rally drivers can't see the track in advance, though. That's my point, in the matter. I mean, we're going pretty similarly, with the whole "timing" system, to what they run in real life... Why not just run the tracks that we don't know?

Point fully understood. Believe me, I wish GT5 had more options for rally in course maker, not to start a "I wish GT5 had this" discussion. I'd just assume Eiger and Chamonix sort of be 'special' rallies. Its only 2 out of the series.

As I said about Toscana, it only has forward/reverse with no variations so its getting mixed with Toscana tarmac to be maybe being the only mixed surface rally. Maybe Toscana/gravel can be the Special Stage of Rally Toscana. There's certainly the option of making another rally(s) mixing different surfaces but I dont want it to be done just for the sake of having a 'variety' rally(s).
I just want to avoid repetition if possible.

Edit: Is JWRC seriously getting cut? Of all the support classes that one had the most interest. If I or we can convince you to keep one support class, JWRC all the way. I just had a decent idea maybe.. What if JWRC was promoted as a Rising Star series, used as the stepping stone into Works WRC.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with that.

New question: which tire compounds will be used for tarmac stages? (Oh, I wish that they'd give us Autocross tires, which function on all surfaces, but nee, it's not to be.)
 
metalgear696
Edit: Is JWRC seriously getting cut? Of all the support classes that one had the most interest. If I or we can convince you to keep one support class, JWRC all the way. I just had a decent idea maybe.. What if JWRC was promoted as a Rising Star series, used as the stepping stone into Works WRC.

The ones I am thinking of cutting is HWRC and BWRC.

@MrM 👍 to using gravel tyres on tarmac (or tarmac on snow :lol: ). Tarmac tyres will be Racing Hard
 
OFFICIAL:
HWRC and BWRC classes have been cut off, and drivers may now sign up for all classes
 
Wow you've already redone the OP, awesome, I'm happy things are moving nicely again. :D:tup:
Mayhaps the official series can begin early? I'm being hopeful :lol: Only the Rallies are holding us back now right?

Edit: I think the rallies need logos maybe(for the OP). I'm totally willing to volunteer for photoshop duty but do the course maker tracks have logos like the other tracks?

Edit 2: Thinking about it, I apologize for having too many damn ideas and suggestions. :p I'm not trying to be the 'you should do everything this way' guy. :)
 
Last edited:
metalgear696
Wow you've already redone the OP, awesome, I'm happy things are moving nicely again. :D:tup:
Mayhaps the official series can begin early? I'm being hopeful :lol: Only the Rallies are holding us back now right?

Edit: I think the rallies need logos maybe(for the OP). I'm totally willing to volunteer for photoshop duty but do the course maker tracks have logos like the other tracks?

Edit 2: Thinking about it, I apologize for having too many damn ideas and suggestions. :p I'm not trying to be the 'you should do everything this way' guy. :)

Funny you should say. I'm thinking of having a mini-rally at Eiger this weekend :)

I'm having a few logos that would only require smaller editing. I'll update OP with them soon :)

Ideas are welcome, remember that ;)
 
Funny you should say. I'm thinking of having a mini-rally at Eiger this weekend :)

I'm having a few logos that would only require smaller editing. I'll update OP with them soon :)

Ideas are welcome, remember that ;)

The mini-rally is fantastic news! Time and day, name it, I'm there. :D

Should probably pm the folks that haven't checked out the thread in a while and let them know we're rolling. :)
 
metalgear696
The mini-rally is fantastic news! Time and day, name it, I'm there. :D

Should probably pm the folks that haven't checked out the thread in a while and let them know we're rolling. :)

Probably Saturday, time tba :)

I'll pm the folks when I'm on PC :)
 
Pwrc 05 impreza wrx sti
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back