WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,929 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well snow is a bit different then tarmac lol and that was one blast through a stage/track not 20 lol
 
The only thing I'm concerned about is how did I go from a 1.36 gap after SS2 to a 0.47 gap overall.

And yes, I wasn't last!
 
Rally did you download my mt.aso track or no?

I actually forgot that :( I'll do later today and see what it's like.

Edit: Took a look at the calculations and I've made a mistake.. H_enry_t should have a total time of 7:47.4, not 6:47.4. I'm currently correcting the mistake :)

Edit 2: Corrected the mistake, will opdate the OP in a moment :)
 
Last edited:
rallymorten
I actually forgot that :( I'll do later today and see what it's like.

Ok sounds good.👍
 
Damn, now I AM last. Shouldn't have told you that :D

Also, what kind of Mt. Aso tracks are you looking for? Because I have these one or two that I have for Touge , so they're real technical.
 
Damn, now I AM last. Shouldn't have told you that :D

Also, what kind of Mt. Aso tracks are you looking for? Because I have these one or two that I have for Touge , so they're real technical.

Hehe, everything you say can, and will, be used against you :lol:

I'm looking for some technical, but still quite fast stages, so I think I'll give yours a try too :) I'm really appreciating the help you give in this, Mt. Aso is the hardest to make good tracks :scared:
 
Rally did you test my track yet?
 
No, I've been to school all day. I'll send you a message on PSN when I've downloaded it :)
 
rallymorten
No, I've been to school all day. I'll send you a message on PSN when I've downloaded it :)

Ok sounds good.
 
Last or not, Citroen's at the bottom.
 
^ Too much lag from Henry (though hot his fault) = He was damaged while waiting his turn... Lag spike; he even almost hit me!


^ I don't know about everything else with Citroën...
 
I'm looking for some technical, but still quite fast stages, so I think I'll give yours a try too :) I'm really appreciating the help you give in this, Mt. Aso is the hardest to make good tracks :scared:

I have a very interesting track downloaded, however it isn't mine so I'm unsure if you'll be able to use it or not. It's very technical yet fast at the same time - if you have a fast car :sly:. Do you want me to find out if we can use it or do you think you have enough tracks to try out?

EDIT: I found a little poster thing that describes the track. I ran it yesterday in a C4 endurance race. Very difficult yet fast, full concentration is needed at all times!

ji-feurrebycc570advert3.jpg
 
Last edited:
^ Idea: why don't we all contribute one potential Mt. Aso track?


We could each vote for a different person's track (no voting for yourself.)



If you want to try a track, you can, but, no one should be forced to submit a stage.
 
agree^
 
Apologies for showing up late to the event; I almost missed it again! (I forgot when it started, and actually got on to practice before the event. While the PS3 started up, I logged onto the forum and noticed you guys were already started.)

I think I saw something about someone "jumping the start"... Was this due to rolling past the line before actually launching, or was that "wait 30 seconds" actually enforced down to the decimal? I think I waited a bit too long if the latter is the case. I'm wondering if I need to keep that in mind next time, or if I just need to be faster.
 
S2, according to rally, your car can't cross the line before the decimal time, nor can it move.


It was me, apparently, who jumped the start, though my car crossed the line at 6:30.1, because my car was in motion at 6:29.8, as I was trying to see if I could get a roll going, while I was in the last second.


(Do you know about the rolling in drag racing? They let off the brake and clutch about a tenth or two before the lights go out, and when the lights do go out, they're already beginning to accelerate.)
 
I know what you're saying about the drag technique. Is there some kind of larger rule against this in FIA or are we going to determine this? I'm not sure where I stand on it right now. Maybe a later discussion before the first rally?

Also I like the idea of everyone submitting a stage for Mt. Aso. I have a good one as well. :sly: I'm not against expanding that to all of the rallies on course maker tracks. On the same topic, with 10+ people submitting tracks, how long would you like them be?
 
I like the track voting process 👍 it's confirmed. Luckily we have some time till the Mt. Aso Rally :) track lenght is all up to you but at least 3 sectors.

I am aware of the roll process (a little at least), but to make it all a little easier for me, if I see any accelerating applied before as close to .000 as I can come (before the time, of course) will need investigation, and if I see the speedo show anything higher than 3 km/h (2 mph) at the time it's classed as a jump start :) (I will take note of possible lag, otherwise I just might ask you to upload a video of your start (and I must be able to see time and speed) :D
 
I believe it is a minmum of 4 sectors? Or am I just wrong?
 
I believe it is a minmum of 4 sectors? Or am I just wrong?

Let me rephrase it (or as we say in DK: en gang til for prins Knud :lol: ) There must be the real start line, a stage-start checkpoint, at least one spilt, and a stage-end checkpoint :)
 
No, isn't the Course Creator a choice between 4-7 sectors anyways?
 
I think it's between 2 and 7. But it really is potato-potato :)
 
somehow reading potato-potato doesn't have the same impact as hearing it :lol: Still funny though. Either way, 3 or 4 sectors, they'll both work. I just realized last weekend that Chamonix East was only 3 sectors. I think it was anyway.
 
somehow reading potato-potato doesn't have the same impact as hearing it :lol: Still funny though. Either way, 3 or 4 sectors, they'll both work. I just realized last weekend that Chamonix East was only 3 sectors. I think it was anyway.

Noticed that too :lol:

It's possible Chamonix East is only 3 sectors, didn't pay attention, all I was thinking of was "beat that Evo, beat that Evo"*split time*"dam I lost a second" :lol:
 
Noticed that too :lol:

It's possible Chamonix East is only 3 sectors, didn't pay attention, all I was thinking of was "beat that Evo, beat that Evo"*split time*"dam I lost a second" :lol:

Well, that 1 second seems big to you, but small to me. :indiff: :lol: :sly:


But, yes, I deserved the penalty, & I'm counting my blessings; it didn't happen during the real season.
 
If you are looking for technical Toscana tracks as well, I got those too.

Since I run in a Touge league I have 10+ of them, and they have all been race tested as well!
 
I have two circuit tracks that are longer than crap.
 
I'll see if my net will allow me to do anything tonight.. It was really f-worded last night :lol:
 
If anybody is having trouble jump-starting, either they set off too soon or too late, I'll tell you what I do. It's quite sad really, but I turn into my own co-driver. For example, if I need to go at 6:00, I'll wait until the time says 5:50 then say to myself, "10 seconds." then when the time says 5:55, I just go, "5... 4... 3... 2... 1... FLOOR IT!" and count down with the timer. So far that's helped me. However, I don't read out my own pace notes. :lol:

What inspired me to do that was hearing Barry Meade countdown, although he counts down from 3.

WARNING: There is the occasional swear word in the following video. :p

 
You could be like michael "beef" park and ask markko martin/ yourself if you seen the football last night, R.I.P
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back