WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,931 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. ^ Best 600th post ever. :) Damn it, new page. Guys, go back to post #600.
 
Sweet. ^ Best 600th post ever. :) Damn it, new page. Guys, go back to post #600.

:lol: didn't even notice it was the 6-wait a..

YUPPIE!

My first thread to reach 600 posts :D
 
...continues to chat... blah blah blah... Congrats! And, you're welcome.
 
Bahahahaha, home turf? What are we racing? 3 wheeled granny gophers? Lol, I have dabbled in a bit of rallying, but I did get to do a full test and shakedown in the first awd corolla, which became the base of S2000 cars, my F3 contract didn't allow me to drive in rally's though, but I have extensive speedway knowledge lol, not that it was in awd cars or these tracks have 3-4 turns in which are all left or right lol
 
^ KT, you're consistent enough, I reckon, to get Suzuki some good results. The whole season is a full-length season, with only one chance at every stage. Not having a second chance, if you make a mistake, will leave the championship on the line, from start 'til finish.

Exatcly. I'm just anxious about throwing away the championship too soon. However, I know why I got such a good result at Eiger and not at Chamonix. I practiced for hours in my Peugeot on Eiger, I knew I didn't have the fastest car, but it's not always about the car. A fast car cannot be fast without a fast driver. A slow car can be fast with a fast driver. Once I got the word that I'd been offered a seat at Suzuki, I let it get to my head, and didn't bother to practice as much as I did for Eiger, which clearly made an impact.

I still think I look like I'm taking this too seriously, but it's like I'm living the dream, virtually! :lol: I was even tweeting like a rally driver during the mini rallies...

Oh, and looking at the schedule... I'm so excited for the season! Or should I say... stoked. :sly:
 
Damn, I wish I were on Twitter. xD
 
Damn, I wish I were on Twitter. xD

Get one! You're missing out on stalking finding out what you're favourite drivers are up to! :sly:
 
Get one! You're missing out on stalking finding out what you're favourite drivers are up to! :sly:

Thursday night @ 12:30, & you're on GTP. :rolleyes: Don't sleep on my schedule.
 
Should a starting car and a finishing car come about the same time, it's up to the finishing car to slow down and find a safe place to exit the stage.

By exit the stage do you mean park and ghost? Or completely exit the stage? Happy to see the schedule as well. I'm already practicing. :) K Trail time so far is down to 3:43. :)
 
Last edited:
It's only fair to stay.... If someone leaves, it can create lag, Wait 'til the runs are finished please.
 
Fixed^^ :)
 
:lol: Good deal. Unfortunately, I lost a Continental Tire SCC race to GTP User cnd01, when FlyinHawaiian77 lag-spiked me, because some random non-GTP user joined/left the room. 👎
 
:lol: Good deal. Unfortunately, I lost a Continental Tire SCC race to GTP User cnd01, when FlyinHawaiian77 lag-spiked me, because some random non-GTP user joined/left the room. 👎

Oh. Well if your concern is random people joining the room, the rallies are being held in my private lounge so that should sort them out :)
 
No. I'm worried that someone's run/race will be unfairly affected.


It's a "pittance of time." <=== Canadian music sucks, but, I do respect the theme...
 
If it genuinely causes connection problems or lag spikes I'm fine with parking, ghosting, then waiting for the run to finish. Like we have been only a little bit more in the way this time. It shouldn't be a problem though.

My worry is a collision with the parked cars waiting to start. I had a really good scare when I flew past MrM, thinking that somehow I should not be passing that car..

I do like the system of cutting a sector for stopping and hang out room while waiting. But if we can all be professional and be able to WAIT to give people space to park it'll be fine.

Now I have a question. Could we have one rehearsal short stage? Maybe W Trail Reverse since its not on the Rally schedule. Just to have one practice run with this.
 
I agree, somewhat.


But, at the end of the stage, is it important? :dunce:
 
I agree, somewhat.


But, at the end of the stage, is it important? :dunce:

I'm talking about a collision with a car that hasn't started the stage yet. Like when I passed you at Chamonix. That wasn't supposed to happen but that could have been a disaster. Imagine having your car totaled before you get to start your timed run.
 
We can have a rehearsal. I'm actually thinking of not having the rally at planned week but first 2 weeks later, just to have a final rehearsal. Good for everybody?
 
During that period can we have my SSS idea tested?
 
We can have a rehearsal. I'm actually thinking of not having the rally at planned week but first 2 weeks later, just to have a final rehearsal. Good for everybody?

I'm not against postponing the season start 2 weeks. I'd just rather have it tested before everything is official. We had 2 good test rallies but both had small bugs that are now worked out. But I consider changing the start line to match the finish line major enough to warrant one last test.

Not trying to jinx it but I have a bad feeling. If we have full field, the front 2-3 cars are going to have to choke up and yield to parked cars as they're(we're) trying to finish. I hope I'm wrong though honestly.

What we need to establish is good parking etiquette, and park as far away from the racing line as possible. I know thats pretty :dunce: but I don't like hearing cars get hit when we're parking to the starting gate.
 
Parallel parking; the solution to everything. :sly:
 
Parallel parking; the solution to everything. :sly:

I cant parallel park worth a crap. But I drive a 1 ton dodge truck in real life. The spaces aren't big enough. :p I'd just assume everyone know where the line is, and give reasonable space and time to park.

Edit: Is the new test rally going to be this Saturday at the normal time?
 
Last edited:
Cars can just do their best to parallel park, I guess.
 
Right, I'll be working on giving finishing drivers some space to slow down, something like what the Peugeot National Rally was like.

The test rally will be this weekend at 7 bst unless things come up :)
 
Not bad. :) I can't wait to figure out a better run. I just need cleaner runs.
 
That's the major problem for most Mel :)

And yes, the SSS idea can be tested as soon as I have a little more information :sly:
 
Alright sine there will be a collision option now this will definitely work since my idea is a head to head style SSS
 
Alright sine there will be a collision option now this will definitely work since my idea is a head to head style SSS

Yeah, that would also fix the problem of starting cars and finishing cars. Not so fun if you encounter a car on the stage (though I can still inplement Crash Time for that :D ) but it's a feature I'm excited to see how it works (another reason why we should have another test rally) :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back