WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,929 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be like michael "beef" park and ask markko martin/ yourself if you seen the football last night, R.I.P

Haha, yeah! :lol: Or maybe I could be like Alex Gelsomino and have a really thick Italian accent and almost sing my pace-notes... damn, I wish Alex was my co-driver!

7 years today since Beef died. R.I.P. :(
 
Wow, I really didn't realize that, coincidence or what, I was just going through my motor archives and found it lol,

Or you could do what eric bana's co-driver does and throw the pace notes out the window and call it as you see it, but then you wreck a brilliant car,
 
TDZdave
You could be like michael "beef" park and ask markko martin/ yourself if you seen the football last night, R.I.P

He must've been really confident lol when he asked that
 
Right... My word, Cork roads are small. Crazy Irish.
 
I@ elmarco, it was during the final stage before the SSS stage in markko's first WRC win in the ford

@ mel, top of the mornin to ya, that's about all the irish I know lol, apart from irish whiskey lol
 
TDZdave
I@ elmarco, it was during the final stage before the SSS stage in markko's first WRC win in the ford

Lol aka confident. I didnt get to see it. I can only watch WRC events on youtube now since they dont really show them on tv anymore. Makes me sad, but its commercial free
 
They don't do that here either anymore, sucks big time, we don't even get highlights on the news anymore,

But that quote was from 2003 I think,
 
Then yea they took WRC off a long time ago I was like 9 when I first saw it on tv and all I remembered from it was I think rally australia and a red peugot 207 on a steep up hill hairpin
 
This may be a stupid question but. Just curious when is the next rally?
 
Last edited:
We're starting the regular season.


I'm awaiting further info.


Anyways, I'll consider holding a rally driving clinic, for those of you who want to compare racing lines, & techniques. PM me if interested.
 
Question about the other classes. Since the real season is starting, are we still running the support classes? They're not completely full, JWRC and Production could be combined. Also, dont forget I volunteered to time JWRC if you're still willing. Maybe PM me a crash course on your penalty system? I'm just making sure we're not forgetting the support classes so close to race time.

Edit: Last I read, RM mentioned the regular season was starting 2 weeks after the PNR.
 
There won't be any support classes for S1, simply because of the time pressure that is for me hosting the rallies. If we're as delayed as we were last week it's gonna be a real problem :) they're part of a minor improvement for S2 :D
 
Ok, I can accept that. Still just as excited and anxious for the season. :D:tup:
 
Yeah, it's biweekly on every second Saturday. :)
 
I believe you Mitsubishi guys will remind us all about back in the 90's where you won everything in the WRC :sly:

Btw, I tested the tracks james6653 and HenryT allowed me to borrow.. And they're both good to go! Now please keep them online or put them back online for next weekend (the Eiger weekend) so I can download them on my second, "GP system" too :)
 
I believe you Mitsubishi guys will remind us all about back in the 90's where you won everything in the WRC :sly:

All in the plan to bring glory back to Ralliart. 👍
 
Im gonna keep it like 95 where subaru won
 
Well, Suzuki only had one full season in the WRC before pulling out, and they finished the 2008 season in 5th, so... this could be interesting. :lol:
 
Or a disaster
 
Well, Suzuki only had one full season in the WRC before pulling out, and they finished the 2008 season in 5th, so... this could be interesting. :lol:

^ KT, you're consistent enough, I reckon, to get Suzuki some good results. The whole season is a full-length season, with only one chance at every stage. Not having a second chance, if you make a mistake, will leave the championship on the line, from start 'til finish.
 
^ True words. At anytime, anyone could have a horrible accident. I had 2 instances of damage at Chamonix, one of them on a recce lap. I was so furious. :lol: It happens though. I have 642 miles on my originally 0 mile EVO SRC. Nearly all of them off road miles, I've repaired my chassis 6 times now. :D

Question about the upcoming Eiger Rally and the announcement of the stage schedule. Since this is full season, are you planning on running all Eiger courses, forward and reverse? I'm not against it, though it may be time consuming. Real rallyes are supposed to take a weekend though. :p

Edit: Make that 7 chassis repairs. Typing it made me think to check it. :lol:
 
I probably won't win a thing, so I'm fighting to put a french car on the podium...

Sorry, a Citroen.
 
@metalgear, why would you rebuild the chassis that many times, for tarmac yes you would. But you need soft cars to run dirt and softer to run snow?
 
Hey I want to test out a head to head type SSS so maybe over the weekend I will make a track or two and I think I may need atleast 3 or 4 of you to help out if thats ok
 
Just ran a 3.53.1 at eiger full track, anyone else got times yet?
 
Just ran a 3.53.1 at eiger full track, anyone else got times yet?

3:45 and dropping.

Also, I repair the chassis to reduce the wheel shake. It doesn't affect my tune at all, just make the car handle better.
 
Wow, are you going forwards or backwards? I lose out on steam up the hills, other then that I'm happy, well apart from that section between the double jump and the hairpin too, for some reason it feels like I'm losing a life time there, but I guess that comes down to driving line,
 
Dave, you're in my home-turf. You gave me mine @ ITCC, my teammate & I are going to return the favour, methinks.

Also, Aesys, you & I should privately discuss our tunes. I want to compare & contrast.
 
I'll make a post with official info as soon as I can get the maps I need. But it'll be 6 stages in this order:

Eiger Short
Service
Eiger G
Eiger W
Service
Eiger K
Service
Eiger Short Reverse
Eiger K Reverse (TS)

All stages have start and finish at the finish line, just to make it easier for me :) cars awaiting the green light must hold in one side of the road, likely the side where they have the inside for the first corner (so on Eiger K forward it would be the left side). Should a starting car and a finishing car come about the same time, it's up to the finishing car to slow down and find a safe place to exit the stage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back