WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,931 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh... has anybody got any tips on tuning a C4 for SWRC? I was thinking of trasnferring the tune on the old 207 to the C4 and obviously changing the gears a bit, but I'm not sure if that would work. Anybody got any other ideas?

Oh, and Morten, you'll be glad to hear that I'm making a request to change to the Evo X in PWRC. I shall try and replicate the all-female Swedish rally team*. Except, in my case, it'll be British. :lol:

*Don't worry, some of the website is in English... some.
 
I shall try and replicate the all-blonde rally team*.

We'd fit well. :lol: At least, you would, I don't know, I'm ginger-ish and a guy. :lol:


Otherwise, I suggest that you make the C4 accelerate quickly. That might be the problem with SWRC. I haven't yet had any times to compare to.
 
You've been moved to the Mitsubishi KT 👍

OP updated 👍👍

Sending PSN PM tonight 👍👍👍

Also, for those that might not have anything to read .doc:

Official roadbook

*Rallye de France banner*

Rally info:
The Rallye de France is a long-established event that has it's origins in the regions surrounding Chamonix and Mont Blanc. The FFSA Michelin Rallye has taken the historical factors into account when laying the route, which includes several kilometres of snowcapped roads that can best be compared to Sweden. As a new addition to welcome the WRC to southern France, a special stage has been set up in the municipality of Monte Carlo.

Categories participating:
World Rally Championship
Super2000 World Rally Championship

Rally programme (times are GMT and subject to change due to possible delays):
Rally day: tba
Pre-rally scrutineering: 11:00-15:00
WRC Opening: approx. 17:45
SS1: 18:00
Service 1: 18:25
SS2+3: 18:30
Service 2: 19:20
SS4: 19:30
SWRC Opening: 20:30
SS1: 20:45
Service 1: 21:15
SS2+3: 21:20
Service 2: 22:20
SS4: 22:25
Rally closing*: 23:00
Post-rally scrutineering and time controlling: 23:01-13:00

You are required to be in the room (rallymorten's lounge) at least 5 minutes before the "Opening" for your class. Failure to do this may result in a time penalty.
*This wil be enforced, no matter how far the rally has proceeded.
Failure to allow scrutineering can result in exclusion from current or next rally!

Stages:
"Day 1:"
Stage 1:
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
Weather indications: Clear, maybe cloudy
*map*
Stage 1 of the season is a run on the Formula 1 circuit. It is a tight, but quite fast stage, that consists mainly of 90- degree corners. A key point on this stage is the area around the harbor. The roads here are extremely narrow and will penalize any mistake!

"Day 2:"
Stage 2:
Location: Chamonix (West), France
Weather indications: Cloudy
*map*
Stage 2 is the first snow stage of the season. The low temperatures means the roads can be frozen to ice in some places, so extreme caution is adviced.

Stage 3:
Location: Chamonix (East), France
Weather indications: Light snow
*map*
Stage 3 is the sister stage to SS2 and a shorter version of SS4. Care is needed at the 90-degree right hander coming up the hill after the banked right-hander: A small dip before the corner means water (and thus ice) is likely to be found here. This can put a sudden end to the hopes of winning the rally.

Stage 4:
Location: Chamonix, France
Weather indications: Heavy snow
*map*
Stage 4 is the final and hardest stage of the rally. As with SS3, the righthander before the 180-degree left corner can be icy. You shouldn't be too afraid of using the snowbanks on the outside of the track, should things go wrong.
 
Last edited:
Do you have a rough idea of when the season starts? I'm just concerned that it will clash with my GRC series, and I don't want to miss out on either. The GRC races are roughly two weeks apart, with a test race this weekend and the first official race next weekend. Do you think we would be able to alternate weeks? Quite a few people from here have registered in the GRC too.
 
We can alternate the weekenda, no problem :) first rally will be in a little over 2 weeks
 
We can alternate the weekenda, no problem :) first rally will be in a little over 2 weeks

I'm in. Put me down in PWRC for an '02 Impreza Sport Cross. Yes, I drive wagons.
 
@ sire Rally morten sir, did you get a moment to check the cars on share?
 
You don't have to call me sir :sly: no, I haven't yet, but I'll look tonight :)
 
ok cool, upon looking at the OP one car may be eligible, the other 2 I'm unsure on,
 
Im pulling out of PWRC, need to have more time on my hands.
 
@Dave, the cars were'nt online when I checked :odd:

@Quetzal, I'll make the adjustment 👍

@Richie, it's getting about time you decide on your WRC car (or continue running independent)

Oh and if anyone wants to do an interview for the website, here's some questions for you to answer:

What do you expect of the first rally?
Snow is said to be one of the most difficult surfaces; have you found a good setup for the challenge?
Positionwise, what's your target and what's a good day?
Who do you expect to be your biggest rival(s)? Why?

Happy interviewing :)
 
that's weird, I will check and fix the issue,

Oh and if anyone wants to do an interview for the website, here's some questions for you to answer:

What do you expect of the first rally?
too possibly show up, for an Australian jet lag is going to be the killer, then hopefully accidentally pull out a top 5, seems possible after shake down,

Snow is said to be one of the most difficult surfaces; have you found a good setup for the challenge?
snow, trying a modified outback desert rally set up in shakedown seemed to work, slightly modified to compensate for the lack of under surface clay base for grip was the key to making the car fast, BUT, there will be a considerable distance between set ups of running first on the road and last on the road, possibly last will be the fastest, as they will get the help of the the wheel tracks of the lead cars, assuming they can generate good tire rut's by running similar lines, which could also be a down fall to rely on if people aren't used to the stage or hear pace notes, making ruts everywhere, it will throw the balance of the car out during cornering, and possible over correcting, thus slowing down your pace or spinning,

Positionwise, what's your target and what's a good day?
Top 5 seems reasonable, but if jet lag comes into play then the hope would be too finish the event penalty free and see what we can salvage after potential penalties are adjudicated,


Who do you expect to be your biggest rival(s)? Why?
there so far isn't to much of a stand out for me as I was away for the first ever snow event and didn't get to see the results, there are also a lot of fresh faces, but that strange Canadian lad with the evo could prove to throw a spanner in the works and pull off the upset, if not he could just plain be a spanner! :lol: I joke MrMel, but I think the unpredictable snow surface is going to be the biggest enemy we face,

And Dave, Finally, are you committed to the series? and if so what team will you be joining?
That's the question for the ages, I've done numerous shake downs for all WRC categories and teams, all the WRC heavy hitter's, and some independent teams, seems as no offer's have come my way for the main game yet, But, Honda has a good offer in place for SWRC for me to drive the SWRC Honda Civic Type R '04 if it meet's the standards, and Volkswagen
have given me a contract for my management team to go through and decide if its worth its weight, but the R32 golf is a little surprising and fun to drive,
As for the WRC, its a fine balance for me, personally, mentally and physically, with being Australian and 90% of the rallies in a Euroland, the jet lag and travel for myself may become somewhat overwhelming, so my interest is as strong as my will,
but with so many commitments around the world of racing, it would be unfair for me to sign into a full time drive with a team, when potentially I could miss a few event's, as there is quite a good field of young, enthusiastic driver's who could perform the task as good if not better then myself,

However, I do long to eat dust and drink mud, and wash my face with frozen fresh powder, its all purity in the WRC, skill over car, which I thoroughly enjoy, Perhaps a Super Sub position in the main game may be my best option, and the best option for the sport, as a young driver may desire to race in the WRC, therefore, the position will be available,

Also, if you have a position available in your team, please by all means PM me, a little begging goes a long way :lol:

hope you enjoy,

THIS JUST IN AND HOT OFF THE PRESS!
I have just signed up for round one in WRC with... Peugot! expect an official team press release in the next 24 hours,
 
Last edited:
Dave 👍👍

I sent my interview to Rallymorten by PM, but here's my interview:

What do you expect of the first rally?
I'm hoping to learn some basic of the rallye.

Snow is said to be one of the most difficult surfaces; have you found a good setup for the challenge?
I'm working on it. I think that i have bacic setup but i'm kind of perfectionist and want it to be perfect so to me setup is never ready.

Positionwise, what's your target and what's a good day?
I'm ok for last position...but i hoping to do better. Good day and target: top 7

Who do you expect to be your biggest rival(s)? Why?
I don't really know anybody in the driver list and how they drive in rally. For now everyone are my rivals :)
 
Hey, Dave, it was supposed to be just a rumour :lol:

Anyways here's what I've planned to put on my interview:

What do you expect of the first rally?

I have quite big expectations, it's Peugeots home rally so it would be good to get a few points for the team.

Snow is said to be one of the most difficult surfaces; have you found a good setup for the challenge?

The setup I have works great, we spent a lot of time testing during the winter; now we've got to wait and see if I can live up to it.

Positionwise, what's your target and what's a good day?

I would be plain stupid if I said I wasn't going for 1st :D but Mitsubishi and Toyota are also looking extremely fast, so I won't be disappointed with a top 5.

Who do you expect to be your biggest rival(s)? Why?

As I said before, the "grand old japanese cars" seem to be the ones to beat, but I'm also afriad of my teammate; we're running the same car after all, all in all I don't think there'll be much more than a few seconds separating the top 6. It will be close anyway!
 
good to see your in the driver's list for this series Jammy, :lol:

also RM, the Civic is up, how I would assume I can have the car tuned, let me know if I can add or have to remove things,

so is the golf, and the audi won't be far away,
 
Last edited:
If someone wonder this it's kind of inside joke 👍
good to see your in the driver's list for this series Jammy, :lol:
 
.... nothing to see here :lol:
 
TDZdave
.... nothing to see here :lol:

I saw it Dave you Aussie :lol:

Btw sharers are up!

WRCtrackshare
1
02
03
Put the numbers on the back and you have them. Currently remote racing my b-specs (call them dumb but they can handle a 3-wide at Daytona better than most online :lol: )

Edit: if anyone wants their B-specs grinded, send a FR to all the sharers 👍
 
Last edited:
well.... this bloody stupid lap top deleted everything just as I clicked post! Grrr, great write up too,
 
1TDZletterheadOR_zpse0690533-1_zpsfc4bed36.jpg


ITS OFFICIAL!​

Dave Zitterbart has opened his own team, for a variety of motorsport, called Team Dave Zitterbart Motorsports, Which will cover all his motorsport interests across the globe,
The exciting part of this new's is it see's his and Mazda's return to the WRC calendar, With factory support!, This is exciting news for the 26 year old who sad, " its great to be able to do this on my own, My way, and for Mazda to jump on board as soon as they caught wind of my idea is a tremendous asset to my crew, And great for the sport of WRC",
Mazda, Who has been out of the sport since 1989 Group B era in a factory roll are also excited about this, as finally they get to see the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 in action, Almost 8 year's after is creation, and almost 25 years since Mazda competed in WRC they return in the PWRC ranks,

1mazda_zps1df1ac29.jpg

Mazdaspeed's big boss was here for the official opening of the garage told us, "Mazda needs a new image", Which us consumer's knew as their sales have slumped to an all time low, and the average age of people purchasing Mazda's is over 70 years old, He then went on to say,
"we are aware of Dave's No BS attitude, But over talks which start a few hours ago weren't actually finalized until an hour before the unveiling of the garage, We realized we both wanted the same thing, A new image, and to have some fun, We are aware that he may not make every race, but as long as he is having fun, we're having fun, and we're having fun our customer base will see that and hopefully come back",

We also caught wind there could be an SWRC Mazda under the cover's for future event's,
However, TDZ motorsports have a Honda Civic Type R '04 to run the SWRC round's in, When we dug a little deeper into we discovered that Honda gave the team the car, and can race it whenever they wish, BUT, and its a big one, Honda will only give factory support to the team for event's they are contracted too, Which one would assume it would be the full SWRC season, Turns out its not, its only good for a single event, and Honda want to do it event to event to event, could this be an echo of the Indy incident,

1civic_zps9d6a37ac.jpg

where after the race Dave Zitterbart picked up a torque wrench and threw it at the Honda appointed race engineer because his engine dropped more then 100BHP during the event, meaning the engineer didn't rebuild the sealed Honda Indy Car series engine, We got some answer's,
Dave told us, "Honda want's to be in this category of WRC, we approached them to purchase a customer car, They asked us why, and they came up with factory support,
But! with Mazda looking to get more involved with motorsport and Honda looking to screw me around with the contract, I doubt I will re sign another single event contract, its either the rest of the season or nothing, My crew has been, still is and always will be the best in the world, the understand my behaviour's, and never s#!t me!, its a simple chemistry that works for all of us, No bone head manufacture will come between us, And I also have a one off deal with Peagot in the WRC which also came to fruition today, we are too busy for 2 bit pelican's",

So with two out of three contracts so far looking like all happy sailing for the immediate future and the other looking like a spiralling mess, only the future will tell,

11TDZMCR_MCR1_zps1b4d03f9.jpg
 
Last edited:
TDZdave
well.... this bloody stupid lap top deleted everything just as I clicked post! Grrr, great write up too,

Don't worry we all saw it.
 
you will now, :lol:
 
Gah, I need to clear space on my list if I'm going to add 3 more accounts! :scared:

My GT5 self is currently in the US of A right now, at Daytona Speedway testing and practicing for rallycross. She'll be there for the next week, then on the evening after the race she'll be catching the next flight out of Florida to France, to test and recce for WRC! She's a busy race driver. :p

Great write up by the way, Dave! 👍
 
So THAT'S what TDZ stands for.. What about the numbers? :sly:
 
well stupid psn wouldn't let me add 1 more number, and I figured everyone would know I own the team,

#4, Marcos Ambrose racing number before first V8 title,
#12, My second most usual racing number,
#14, Tony "smoke" stewarts racing number,
#88, Dale Earnhardt JR racing number,
 
What do you expect of the first rally?

I'm hoping no one flips. If everyone's alive by the end of the grueling stages, it's been a good weekend.

Snow is said to be one of the most difficult surfaces; have you found a good setup for the challenge?

This is what drivers do, right? Drive what they've got as best they can? I rarely change my setup. I like to feel comfortable in my car, knowing how it's going to react. I've done off-season testing, to no avail in lap times or consistency. It's better just to have a consistent, never changing tuning setup, and just adjust the driving for different surfaces.

But, I like the snow. It's one of the few surfaces Canadian speed limits are any fun on. :lol:

Positionwise, what's your target and what's a good day?

First is the goal of every racing driver; always. You've heard it before, because it's true. I'll be a bit disappointed to be out of Top 5, and decently pleased with a podium, but, I want to win. Everyone wants to win.

Who do you expect to be your biggest rival(s)? Why?

I'm worried about the fellow Canadians, and Katie.
 
Mr.confident over there lol
 
I've made up a little something for the case I find out how to record from the PS3 (heard something about it has to be connected to a computer, so if I find out about that it shouldn't be a big problem :sly: ):


(I really don't hope FIA mind I've borrowed the 2005 WRC intro)


Yes, it's not the best but that's what Movie Maker would let me do :lol: I hope to get some good shots during the season so for S2 it might look more like either of these:


 
Nice work on the intro, Morten. 👍 Hopefully you can make some epic videos too! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back