WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,926 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katiegan
Nice work on the intro, Morten. 👍 Hopefully you can make some epic videos too! :D

Well, it was basically all there, just a tiny bit of Movie Maker :) btw created a 04 and 05 sharer if we decide we want longer rallies for S2 👍
 
Well, it was basically all there, just a tiny bit of Movie Maker :) btw created a 04 and 05 sharer if we decide we want longer rallies for S2 👍

I feel like it should be OP, front and center. Also, if you need help with the PS3 to computer thing, you need a "capture card."
 
The amount of nostalgia that just hit me at once was crazy.. LOL well i just bought myself a contour hd which if you dont know is this
ContourHD_helmet.jpg
Just wondering if i should do the next rally in First Person View? Then edit it up into parts(stages) and send it to RM and he can post it on his youtube channel(possibly promotional)
 
Do you race with that on - lol :)
 
Last edited:
Do race with that on - lol :)

Honestly.. I did some test footage and it's pretty good.. You can see me changing gears on my g25 and stuff.. it actually looks good.
 
Got thinking.. Since I don't have a capture card myself (right now that is), who here happens to have one? I think you know what I'm doing :)
 
@TheYaShoe: i believe it looks cool.
 
If you have some footage, let me have a look shoe, who knows what can turn out? :)

Edit: Also thought I'd note that I'm looking for someone with a capture card willing to take about 10 minutes of action (preferably all cars when starting, some when finishing and in general when something happens, and both TV and bumper/roof camera. In short, watch some from the early/mid '00s so you'll have an idea of what I want) from each stage so we can cut out the best parts
 
Last edited:
If you have some footage, let me have a look shoe, who knows what can turn out? :)

Edit: Also thought I'd note that I'm looking for someone with a capture card willing to take about 10 minutes of action (preferably all cars when starting, some when finishing and in general when something happens, and both TV and bumper/roof camera. In short, watch some from the early/mid '00s so you'll have an idea of what I want) from each stage so we can cut out the best parts

Every car covering the same corner would be cool, too. That way, we could mention how the run went, and whether the driver made it through clean, ran too fast and hit something, or generally was a bit off-pace. Or, whether they're secretly Sébastien Loëb. :lol:

Or, whether they're just a spanner! :lol: Dave!
 
Last edited:
First off we're gonna need a recorder, then a plan on how to do it (all commentators shouting or speaking over each other is far from as cool in WRC as in touring car). Then, we can begin thinking of commentary :) I was thinking of maybe having myself and Mel (because he already volunteered :sly: ) as the main commentators and then maybe have a guest commentator?
 
First off we're gonna need a recorder, then a plan on how to do it (all commentators shouting or speaking over each other is far from as cool in WRC as in touring car). Then, we can begin thinking of commentary :) I was thinking of maybe having myself and Mel (because he already volunteered :sly: ) as the main commentators and then maybe have a guest commentator?

Rally winner interview? 💡 That might be the replacement for the guest commentator. :)


Should we ask how the teams are gearing up, now, as another interview? The site looks really awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on some video footage of the rally from the snow... It's coming, but, I've just made a flickr account for even better quality, and really dove deep into the photomode stuff.
 
Rally winner and maybe the entire podium too is of course there too 👍
 
This sounds crazy haha If it works then maybe people will take it as serious as say.. Iracing, but on general it sounds amazing.
 
@Melan
I thought I said I'd withdraw from PWRC, not WRC.
 
^ I didn't even know you backed out of any of them.

On another note, capture cards are fairly expensive and complicated. For an HD one I think they're around $200 more or less. I'm not sure what kind of money you guys use over there in Denmark but its definatly not cheap. Google: HD PVR, Elgato capture device and there are a few others, if you want a standard definition one then I think there's one called the dazzle or something.
 
There is also a cheaper option called a Digital camera, even cheaper again would be a mobile/ cell phone with built in camera, If you do the research right on what to look for on the accessories side of things's, some come with an editing program on disc, some are very complicated, some are easy, but the easy ones generally have less tools to use in editing,
If you get the right bit of kit, and get a little bit creative with caera to T.V positioning you can pull off a darn good video,
 
Well how things work out are crazy. I thought the Biden if you used a normal camera would be bad but I just tried it with my Contour hd camera and it looks pretty darn good. I could send a sample file to RM. I just don't know if his computer/Internet can handle HD because before I got new both I could only handle worse quality's
 
@Quetzal, I guess I misuderstood a previous post of yours then. I'll make it up tomorrow 👍

In general I'm not really picky on how the filming is to be done but we all know about the YT "potatoes" :lol:
 
@Quetzal, I guess I misuderstood a previous post of yours then. I'll make it up tomorrow 👍

In general I'm not really picky on how the filming is to be done but we all know about the YT "potatoes" :lol:

LOL potatoes.
 
@Melan
I thought I said I'd withdraw from PWRC, not WRC.

Sorry, I don't have a word on this. rallymorten's the Series Director, and he maintains the Original Post.

My part is to be the final word on the WMA Sanctioning, as the WMA President. So, I am, (in theory) rallymorten's boss; but, I don't even use my "powers" for anything more than consulting on ideas. :) It keeps everyone happy, and we haven't really had a fight or anything. Everyone goes along with the ideas, hears them out, and we make honest decisions, that try to put the gamer first.

TL;DR? Read: I don't boss rallymorten around, he runs this show, I give advice. :)
 
It should be fixed now though, if not let me know :)

btw I have an epic idea for a first line if we find a way/decide to do the reviews (speaking about that, I'd appreciate if you guys could help by recording your own runs in any way you can and then PM me the video files (one that can open in Movie Maker), I'll make something out of it anyway :sly: )
 
464BHP dirt demon's, GROUP B WRC page is up, for a more Asia Pacific Friendly time slot,
 
Houston, we have a problem..

A friend of mine is (of course) having his birthday party on rally day at rally time, and there's no way I can't show up, so that leaves us with following options for the rally:

A: Start earlier (at least 4 hours and even then I won't be able to participate in SWRC)
B: Drive the rally without me (which I think you should, should nothing happen. It's not that hard to calculate stage times, really :) )
C: Postpone the rally 2 weeks (worst idea, that I've learnt from DTM..)
D: Cancel France
E: Catch a great disease so I'll need to stay home (might result in my mother bringing me back home to her instead, bit over-protective imo)
 
I think between me and MrMel we can work something out, its all on the Chamonix stages isn't it?
 
The roadbook should contain all the info on the stages, I'll PM you on how to calculate stage times 👍 dang, having to miss the first round of a series I've tried to get running for about 6 months (:lol:) is just :yuck: Well I think this means I'll need to kick even more butt in the next rounds :sly:
 
Last edited:
When is it?
 
rallymorten sent the date via PSN email few days ago asking confirm/deny are you participating the race.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back