WMA WRC - The original GTP Rally Championship - How's that M?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rallymorten
  • 2,004 comments
  • 93,923 views

What should be support class? Vote independents yes/no and sp. classes


  • Total voters
    17
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
img.php


Unless things change which it shouldn't :)

@Jammy, Yes I did, I've seen WAY too often that people sign up to this and don't show up so it was a reminder for all of you :)
 
see, we can pull together and work things out,
 
@rallymorten: i do know what you mean (ps. i'm still waiting W.M.A. Rising Star Fiat Trophy to continue and what happened to WMA Karting)
 
Last edited:
:lol: Fiat's was my baby, but due to connection issues... be that lack of connection I couldn't run it, then NizmoDr3 was happy to take it over but family commitment's got in the way, and then everyone left, so it sort of died, I may re open the thread a little later on in the year, after the 24 hour race, which is February,
 
Waking up 2 hours earlier would be fine( I wake up 2 hours before anyway) but whatever floats the boat.
 
@Dave: i just love that Fiat. Would be nice to run that series...
 
Well let's just for fun have a little poll: how much earlier would you mind starting? (please state how many hours earlier as I'm not good at all at converting times :lol: ) Be in mind that this may have an influence on the start time of S2 too :)
 
Why don't we start next weekend?
 
Starting a few hours earlier shouldn't bother me. If anything pops up before it I'll let you know!

Don't worry about missing the first round Morten, you've got plenty of rallies to make up for lost time. Mads Ostberg missed out on the first round last season and he finished 4th in the championship and landed himself a spot at M-Sport!

EDIT: James, we have agreed to alternate weekends so the WRC and GRC doesn't clash. If we did it this weekend it would clash with GRC. You should know that, you're in it.
 
Why don't we start next weekend?

Ask a guy called BAZZER, nuff said :) when I'm at my mom's place there's little to zero chance of being able to host anything bigger than an hour (their policy), and I haven't yet accounted the VERY POOR internet connection. It's far more unrestricted at my dad's place hence why I'm trying to have it running those weeks :)

Edit: KT, Mads had more than 6 rallies to account for that :sly:
 
Katiegan
James, we have agreed to alternate weekends so the WRC and GRC doesn't clash. If we did it this weekend it would clash with GRC. You should know that, you're in it.

Ya I know I fixed the post after I realized what I said.
 
If necessary i'm ok with 8 hrs and less earlier.
Well let's just for fun have a little poll: how much earlier would you mind starting? (please state how many hours earlier as I'm not good at all at converting times :lol: ) Be in mind that this may have an influence on the start time of S2 too :)
 
I hate to say it but mad's is far more deserving of a drive higher then M sport, hopefully not another talent wasted there,

It really annoy's me to see talent go to waste in such average team's, like Markko Martin at Ford, though the Ford was a great car, he carried it for 2 season's, then Chris Meeke sacked from Mini, and he beat Dani Sordo 3 out of 6 times that year, gah!

And then we come to Ken Block, who I'm going to feel sick for saying it, deserves a drive in one of the Citroen's A Team car's, or even the top ford team, something is holding him back at MWRT and I think its MWRT as a unit, the learning curve is steep, but roar talent can't carry an inexperienced team, he need to work with a big team to bring the knowledge back to his own, and stop letting people make him into some form of puppet!
 
Things aren't always meant to make sence :lol: though yes, I remember Markko and Michael being interviewed for WRC Magazine around the time of New Zealand 2005 and they said something about 2006 being their year. Imo 2005 would had they sticked to the Ford because they knew the car pretty well (plus the Peugeot 307 was probably the worst rally car ever, 3 WINS! In 2 years! 2 of these in Finland a.k.a. Marcus Grönholm Land! The gearbox/engine always crashing plus that funny scene with the iron bar and Timo's seat :lol::lol: )
 
That iron bar was funny but dangerous one.
 
That would have hurt, plus the git's at peugeot put a 4 speed gear box in it for 5 event's,
 
They didn't want to take any risk to that same thing happenig again.
 
That iron bar was funny but dangerous one.

"..straight through the seat, right up in the 🤬 of Timo." I don't know but I think they joked about it after that. I would've :)

That would have hurt, plus the git's at peugeot put a 4 speed gear box in it for 5 event's,

4-speed? Nah, more like a one-speed. IIRC Grönholm once asked one of the interviewers which gear he had left and he got it right (3rd gear, ALWAYS 3rd gear :lol: ) also that scene with Grönholm stopping to complain about the car to his teammate.. He really was fed up with it. 206 FTW!
 
I hate to say it but mad's is far more deserving of a drive higher then M sport, hopefully not another talent wasted there,

M-Sport (or Qatar M-Sport as it is now) is not a bad team, in fact it's the only major Ford team in the WRC, it's practically the Works team. Mads is in a much better position at M-Sport than he was at Adapta, he had no more money left to continue Adapta, that's why he needed a seat at M-Sport or another team that was financially stable.
TDZdave
And then we come to Ken Block, who I'm going to feel sick for saying it, deserves a drive in one of the Citroen's A Team car's, or even the top ford team, something is holding him back at MWRT and I think its MWRT as a unit, the learning curve is steep, but roar talent can't carry an inexperienced team, he need to work with a big team to bring the knowledge back to his own, and stop letting people make him into some form of puppet!

I don't think Ken going to Citroen would be a good idea. He does far more rallycross than he does rally, and the Fiesta is one of, if not the most successful GRC car. The only Citroen team in GRC is run by Monster anyway. I doubt he'll go to a different team from Monster - the Monster World Rally Team was his idea. If he left MWRT, it'd probably no longer exist.
"..straight through the seat, right up in the 🤬 of Timo." I don't know but I think they joked about it after that. I would've :)

His hand action when he said that was priceless! :lol:
 
MrMelancholy15
Saturday Jan. 19th, 1 PM EST.

I'm doing the event host stuff. Expect to look for me/add me/join.

Sorry forgot lol ty
 
M-Sport (or Qatar M-Sport as it is now) is not a bad team, in fact it's the only major Ford team in the WRC, it's practically the Works team. Mads is in a much better position at M-Sport than he was at Adapta, he had no more money left to continue Adapta, that's why he needed a seat at M-Sport or another team that was financially stable.


I don't think Ken going to Citroen would be a good idea. He does far more rallycross than he does rally, and the Fiesta is one of, if not the most successful GRC car. The only Citroen team in GRC is run by Monster anyway. I doubt he'll go to a different team from Monster - the Monster World Rally Team was his idea. If he left MWRT, it'd probably no longer exist.


His hand action when he said that was priceless! :lol:

Yeah I realised that not long ago, M-sport, Stobart VK and Ford WRC are virtually all the same car built in the same factory just run run by different personel,

I think ford is supplying or sponsoring KB, which either way in financial terms is a nice chunk of pie, and he is a smart man, so he take the free pie, but as with any race driver, roar talent can't carry a team, an experienced team with a roar talent driver can carry under funding,
 
1TDZletterheadOR_zpse0690533-1_zpsfc4bed36.jpg



MAZDASPEED DROP'S FUNDING​

Somewhat out of the blue MAZDA dropped the funding to TDZ motorsport's estimated less then half,
TDZ motorsport's upon acquiring a new sponsor found this news difficult to take in, "It was really out of the blue, But MAZDA is a struggling company and we wish them all the best in their venture's, there is a window for us to work with each other again we will do so" Dave told us earlier today, another set back to a season yet to begin in the 2013 WRC championship's,
However they have already sourced a new PWRC car, iit get's delivered to the factory in the next 24 hour's,
A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04, In what is fast becoming the TDZ motorsport's racing colour's, Blue over white,
Dave was quoted in saying, " we would be silly to run the Atenza without financial backing from MAZDA, the car wouldn't be competitive, but it was fun to drive, so now with the Evo we may have a title shot, the Mazda was over 200KG heavier then the next heaviest car and nearly 30BHP from maximum allowed, The Evo is bang on power and weight target's"
10 Day's out from the first event and a new car, and a budget cut, can this work, only time will tell,
 
Last edited:
Hehe - that's finnish TV program. Where you get this? Do you wanna me to translate what they are saying?
 
YouTube, first hit when searching for "marcus Grönholm 2004" :D I guess none of us would mind. Who knows, maybe we'll all be learning some finnish :)
 
@rallymorten: i do know what you mean (ps. i'm still waiting W.M.A. Rising Star Fiat Trophy to continue and what happened to WMA Karting)

Karting: Season 1's over; you won that championship... If ever a Season II comes, you and BanditKarter will win the second season, too. :lol:

Rising Star FIAT Trophy: We like the idea (really, we do,) but we don't know if anyone else does. We need to run it, to see if anyone else wants to join. I don't have any idea of who likes it/doesn't like it. For some reason, I think people really just like race cars with decals. :dopey: Not FIATs, even thought the FIATs are more fun.
 
I think I said it in the thread back then too, TIME is the only thing keeping me from entering most of the competitions :) (this just gave me a thought which I'll give a second thought and if I find it good enough I'll reveal it in a special thread once we're about done with WRC S1 👍 )
 
Write it down, and mail it to me. :dopey: By the time it gets here, S2 WRC will be finished. :lol:


But, in seriousness, if it's a good idea, write it down.
 
I'm not sure how the second half of first line is to be understood but you're probably right :lol:

PM for the idea
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back