World Compact Car Race

• Thread starter OGpimp
  • 8 comments
Is this the one in the professional hall? If it is, use the Toyota 7 if you want to B-Spec it, assuming you won't A-spec it. Because you could probably win in A-spec with any car... like the Mini, I think that's what I used.

Use the Ginetta. Pretty straight forward win as long as you get used to braking in a straight line.

Supercar festival is easy with the NSX LM road going.

OGpimp
by the way, i cant find an NA car to race and which car is best for the Supercar Festival
I'd recommend the Nardo, but you can't get it until the Extreme Hall. The Cadillac Cien should be alright (you'll need to win an "easy" tarmac rally), but I recommend the Mercedes SLR McLaren. You'll pull about 50 points per race with it, but it's actually a suprising challenge even at that.

But be aware of the SLR's gearbox, while you'll be going over 200km/h with it (don't know conversion for miles), you'll still only be in fourth gear. Plus, the brakes leave a lot to be desired - I cannoned into the wall at the Broadway Complex (my name for Turns 1 and 2 of NYC - I HATE refering to corners with numbers ...) six times out of six laps becuase I didn't brake enough and though the HUD said I was in 2nd, I was still doing 120km/h within 50 metres of the actual corner.

There is a way around the "stock" regulation (ie no modifications), but I'm not going to tell you.

Mr.Slow
Use the Ginetta. Pretty straight forward win as long as you get used to braking in a straight line.

I don't think the Ginetta brakes at all does it - it stops purely by air resistance...
But I still love it.

I completed the Compact Car Cup with a '76(?) VW Golf GTi (the first one anyway). Have a look at the "Stock car comparison/challenge" thread, my race is in there. I can't remember the points I got, but it weren't hard in that car. :)

Do you race?
There is a way around the "stock" regulation (ie no modifications), but I'm not going to tell you.

Will you tell me?

Back