World Event - 650pp Fuji - Ferrari F40 / R Tires Only :00 & :30

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,068 comments
It was cool to see a few more GTPers just now. I pulled off a nice move on MisterWeary and a guy he was having a battle with, but I'm fairly sure I gave the other man a little tap into the gravel trap, so I slowed down to let him back through. Not that it would've done much because he fell a fair way back. :indiff:

a few nice races from yesterday:

nice_race_2.jpg

nice_race_1.jpg

nice_race_3.jpg

nice_race_4.jpg

👍👍👍👍

The first was my favourite.. :)

I like the GTR's sound, it sounds so effortless, so smooth. I would like to race a car with similiar sound through an endurance race, rather then a screamy pitchy whining car.

As for the Corvette I think it could race with those 2 on R1 tires, and if not they could just give it more pp to level the playing field like how the F430 has what 10 more pp then the GT-R? I hope for the next International Event they have make it a 3 or 4 make race instead of just 2 to keep it fresh. Also hoping for the events to take place at both Fuji and Suzuka with again equal setups.

I can't drive RWD right now, because as I said earlier my DFP pedals need to be taken apart again because the throttle flucuates even when held steady and that causes big time problems with RWD. Tried to race a GTLM the other day and lasted only a few corners. Now that I have got most of the secrets out of the GT-R I think there is some speed left if my pedals were working properly.

If you're racing during primetime [US] hours then you might as well not even race at all. That's when the monsters come out

The Corvette can run with these 2 in real life further provin the faults in the physics regarding RWD cars without downforce.

PS- Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing from PS3 because my computer monitor died.

The Corvette can run with these 2 in real life further provin the faults in the physics regarding RWD cars without downforce.

PS- Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing from PS3 because my computer monitor died.

Check these two post I made after driving the Corvette for the first time in GT5P on S2 tires:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3000786&postcount=51
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3000891&postcount=54

Man I was mad when I drove the car for the first time. Every car magazine I ever read only had good, or should I say great things to say about the handling of the Corvette, and how it could match the speed of cars twice it's price etc etc. And as I said my beef isn't with wheel spin it's with the general handling of the car and ultra lack of grip on S2 tires.

:24 and :36 and :48 for me

Hyper, sorry for the clip in the hairpin, wasn't sure wether you would go close or far in the turn.

Also what happend to AWD after he went off, when we finished he was listed as last, did he meet a certain foe of GTP members?

Sorry Earth for that bump last night at the second 90 degree turn before the bridge.

In the the grey GTR behind you. I was glad to see you hold it together and keep your car on the track.

I was a mess last night. Too late and too tired, I think.

Beerz, sorry for coming to a holt infront of you heading uo to 130R on the 2nd lap, I missed 5th gear big time. :ouch:

No problem, mate. 👍
I was just happy that you didn't lost control, I was so close that had no time to react.

Up to now, Spaniards are the worst drivers period.
8 races with PAL, no finishes.
5 out of 8 punted off by [ES] drivers.

EDIT: 12 races, no finishes yet. 10x punted off first corner.

Hyper, sorry for the clip in the hairpin, wasn't sure wether you would go close or far in the turn.

Also what happend to AWD after he went off, when we finished he was listed as last, did he meet a certain foe of GTP members?

I don't know who you're talking about, but what you said reminded me that last night, in a race off-schedule I met again the only punter that, so far , as enraged me (BLYZEE). I followed him closely/carefully and saw him punting everything in his path. When I had the chance to overtake him, at the hairpin, I was almost sure I was to be punted at Spoon, and indeed he tried to, but his car got ghosted and flew through me into the sand. And I had my best laugh of the night :dopey:

Dang Cashwars, what was that about?

er, not sure what you mean, if you mean the going pass you at the esses, that was me seeing you all over the place with a clear pass on your inside, if it offended you, my apologies, but like i said you seemed to be all over the place

must have been a connection problem then. I had just recovered from being punted off the track and was accelerating when you hit me from behind and just carried on. I didn't see any other cars jump around in that race, and my connection usually is excellent. Anyways, I believe you didn't do anything intentionally, so let's just carry on racing! 👍

You said sorry on the track. :) 👍

I think awd was just having a bad day. :ouch: :)

?? Pm me.... 👍

Also, while I remember, 💡 where is your GTP tag??

must have been a connection problem then. I had just recovered from being punted off the track and was accelerating when you hit me from behind and just carried on. I didn't see any other cars jump around in that race, and my connection usually is excellent. Anyways, I believe you didn't do anything intentionally, so let's just carry on racing! 👍

don't recall rear ending any one in that race apart from Blyzee brake checking me after spoon

I'l try to be a bit more cautious if i find myself coming up on you from now on

Hey GTP_Captainslow..

Please don't race me like I am some drone..Just because I don't have a GTP tag displayed doesn't make you don't have to race clean.. When you tried to pass me in the esses you bumped me..Besides I was just going slow becuase of traffic..On the hairpin exit you bumped me..and when I bumped you because I slide over, you tried to take me out.. Which is crap..

I am GTP_CWR racing with Racecleanstupid..

Don't race me like some idiot..

CWR - I don't see that name listed on the registry thread, probably some moron who thought it'd be cool to create an account with the GTP tag just for kicks...

He was clean, but when I slide into him..which was a small tap..he tried to take me out..I guess he thought I was trying to take him out..

Thanks Beerz

I'm running 12's and meeting nobody (from GTP) for the last two races ...

EDIT - Now I met you and MisterWeary and got disconnected :indiff:

RE-EDIT - TWICE (after being sent off bad)

I'm running 12's and meeting nobody (from GTP) for the last two races ...

EDIT - Now I met you and MisterWeary and got disconnected :indiff:

RE-EDIT - TWICE (after being sent off bad)

I was there a while back! :( lol

Hey GTP_Captainslow..

Please don't race me like I am some drone..Just because I don't have a GTP tag displayed doesn't make you don't have to race clean.. When you tried to pass me in the esses you bumped me..Besides I was just going slow becuase of traffic..On the hairpin exit you bumped me..and when I bumped you because I slide over, you tried to take me out.. Which is crap..

I am GTP_CWR racing with Racecleanstupid..

Don't race me like some idiot..

CWR - I don't see that name listed on the registry thread, probably some moron who thought it'd be cool to create an account with the GTP tag just for kicks...

He was clean, but when I slide into him..which was a small tap..he tried to take me out..I guess he thought I was trying to take him out..

Thanks Beerz

Allow me to defend myself. Looking at the video of my race, I hit you once at the chicane. You got away ahead of me or else I would have waited for you. That one was my fault, and I apologise for it.

Any other sideswipes which may have occured don't have any blame attached to them. I gave you room at the second corner, and all through the esses. I overtook you into the hairpin, and gave you room at the exit. It looked to me from the view I had in my mirrors that you just accelerated too quickly and lost the back end. Then I was slightly slow coming out of spoon, and we touched again as you came past.

I can appreciate that we don't have full vision and, when you are side to side with someone, you're never entirely sure of their exact position. Perhaps lag had something to do with it too as we are opposite sides of the Atlantic. I enjoyed my tussle with you while it lasted.

I don't appreciate being called an "idiot" and a "moron" though 👎

Back