World Event - 650pp Fuji - Ferrari F40 / R Tires Only :00 & :30

• Thread starter Earth
  • 1,068 comments
everyone knows there's also a chat right?

a chatroom may be more suitable for our ad hoc needs.

well anyway it's on irc.enterthegame.com -channel gtp_online with a client or

a java version on http://www.enterthegame.com

and look for the same channel :cheers:

Or not :cheers:

Nice lineup

@PrudentBear:

i am so sorry that i ruined your race :(

It's ok - I didn't cry. :)

I don't mind getting tagged when I know it's accidental - it happens to everyone. I've definitely sinned tonight.

Thanks everyone for more great racing - last one was a prime example - first 3 within half a second 👍👍👍

That picture was a pretty close finish and damn fast, but guys, have a look at what just happened a few minutes ago....

2cgjxgp.jpg

I'm really sorry about the awful awful picture, I just had to get some evidence and the only thing close at hand was my camera phone...How's that for close? And you could only dream of such a quality race line-up before private rooms.

That's me in 3rd, what an unbelievable race...I can't believe how much grunt advantage an F430 has over a GTR, Zabeu slipstreamed me AND Pappa on the same straight before 130R.

Just before that I had a magnificent race with GTP_Timppaq, super close and clean for 3 laps, both did 6:43/44..credit to you Timo, you took defensive lines all the way through the esses and left me no gap yet you never blocked, never tapped and always mainatined your speed despite never being on the optimum line. The best race I've had online yet in a month of owning this game.

Also, I must mention edebert, GTP_mr_VOLCANO and Hawkfum for superb racing, fast and clean. I've had an absolute blast tonight.

Synwraith, good race. I think you were having major lag (to me at least) you were all over the track, often sideways and smoking. I gave you plenty of room because of that. I could have stuck a nose under you at least 5 times and taken the line on the last lap and a half but because of the lag I didn't want to take the chance of punting you. I hope to see you again sans lag!

Aw man, I'm sorry about that, I wish there was something I could do about it. I've followed other laggers and it's a complete lottery as to whether you'll hit them, get hit or just cause a wreck. You did a great job not hitting me and being patient and courteous if the lag was as bad as I have experienced from others, I really look forward to racing you again soon mate.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Apologies to fusflash there for hitting you at the hairpin - really sorry!

First race that wasn't full of punters and I somehow manage to be one myself! And when I wasn't doing that I was busy punting myself off.

wow,we had race now with Turtle_GTRP 6:34.xxx 1.place

don't have a pic:indiff:

I saw that too! 👍 ..funny, but now I can see that the times are different depending on where you are looking... my best (in the first picture) was 6'37.518.. and that race what Honeycar referred to was here 6'35.093 ...funny thing.

It's ok - I didn't cry. :)

I don't mind getting tagged when I know it's accidental - it happens to everyone. I've definitely sinned tonight.

Thanks everyone for more great racing - last one was a prime example - first 3 within half a second 👍👍👍

👍 Thank you!

That picture was a pretty close finish and damn fast, but guys, have a look at what just happened a few minutes ago....

2cgjxgp.jpg

I'm really sorry about the awful awful picture, I just had to get some evidence and the only thing close at hand was my camera phone...How's that for close? And you could only dream of such a quality race line-up before private rooms.

That's me in 3rd, what an unbelievable race...I can't believe how much grunt advantage an F430 has over a GTR, Zabeu slipstreamed me AND Pappa on the same straight before 130R.

Just before that I had a magnificent race with GTP_Timppaq, super close and clean for 3 laps, both did 6:43/44..credit to you Timo, you took defensive lines all the way through the esses and left me no gap yet you never blocked, never tapped and always mainatined your speed despite never being on the optimum line. The best race I've had online yet in a month of owning this game.

Also, I must mention edebert, GTP_mr_VOLCANO and Hawkfum for superb racing, fast and clean. I've had an absolute blast tonight.

Aw man, I'm sorry about that, I wish there was something I could do about it. I've followed other laggers and it's a complete lottery as to whether you'll hit them, get hit or just cause a wreck. You did a great job not hitting me and being patient and courteous if the lag was as bad as I have experienced from others, I really look forward to racing you again soon mate.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

I have to say, that you are the rising star... :D ..very fast!! 👍 ..and my lines were not defensive (on purpose) through the esses.. that's just how I drive them... lol. :) one of the best in my books also!! ;) 👍

Taking a breath here, but not quitting yet... 👍

-Timo

I have to say, that you are the rising star... :D ..very fast!! 👍 ..and my lines were not defensive (on purpose) through the esses.. that's just how I drive them... lol. :) one of the best in my books also!! ;) 👍

-Timo

Thanks for the kind words mate, also I do apologise if my comment about "defensive" lines didn't come out right, I meant it as a compliment that you were actually driving how I would expect any quality professional race driver to drive with another driver just behind and waiting for a mistake. A mistake that you never made.

If online racing carries on like this I may never get bored of Prologue.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Nice finish Zabeu, that was the closest finish for me in the WE, side by side with my front wheels matching your rear wheels, or .070

Sorry for the contact coming to the checkers, something took over me and made me squeeze you, I have no idea what it was

Just wanted to say thanks to GTNDC-Honeycar for absolutely the best race I've been in 👍 👍 👍 Both of us got past the punters on turn 1 and 2. You passed me on the run up to 130R on lap 1, I passed you on the run up to 130R on lap 2, you passed me again on the main straight and then side by side through casio on lap 3. It was crazy!! I'm grinning from ear to ear :D

P.S. Sorry for the little bumps, you were braking a bit earlier than I expected :dunce:

Thanks for amzing racing throughout the hole night!!! There were a couple of races with XXX_namehere only, and what a difference it does make!!

Special mentioning to el_greco, nice to finally race against/with you!! 👍 ..looking forward to seeing you again!

Nice finish Zabeu, that was the closest finish for me in the WE, side by side with my front wheels matching your rear wheels, or .070

Sorry for the contact coming to the checkers, something took over me and made me squeeze you, I have no idea what it was

I finished right behind you both in that race on Zabeu's bumper, I saw the little nudge you gave him ;)

I should have lead that race for longer, if it wasn't for inexplicably going off the road on the main straight :ill:

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

After my bad night last night I was back on pace tonight with a 6'43 first race after a bad first lap.

Too bad I ran into too many punters this time though.

Just tried the F430... :yuck:

Cudos to anyone who can drive it fast, I am still a mortal, but more to the point a crap one at that.:P

Just tried the GTR... :yuck:

Really?

The GT-R is in my opinion the best handling car available. It's become one of my favorites now. The engine note is so smooth, the power is laid down very smoothly, gear changes are so smooth and sound so right.

With whatever setup PD gave it all you have to do is point it in the right direction and follow basic racing line theory and your fast. That's the mark of a great car. And it matches my driving style perfectly, neutral handling going in, with some throttle induced oversteer coming out of corners.

I hate to say this but I can see why it's a better/faster car then the Ford GT

Err, I thought the GTR's engine sounds rather lazy, and too quiet for a supercar.

Why isn't the Corvette in this event? It is in the same class as these 2. Unfortunately since switching to the interior view, I still can't drive RWD too well.

Err, I thought the GTR's engine sounds rather lazy, and too quiet for a supercar.

Why isn't the Corvette in this event? It is in the same class as these 2. Unfortunately since switching to the interior view, I still can't drive RWD too well.

I like the GTR's sound, it sounds so effortless, so smooth. I would like to race a car with similiar sound through an endurance race, rather then a screamy pitchy whining car.

As for the Corvette I think it could race with those 2 on R1 tires, and if not they could just give it more pp to level the playing field like how the F430 has what 10 more pp then the GT-R? I hope for the next International Event they have make it a 3 or 4 make race instead of just 2 to keep it fresh. Also hoping for the events to take place at both Fuji and Suzuka with again equal setups.

I can't drive RWD right now, because as I said earlier my DFP pedals need to be taken apart again because the throttle flucuates even when held steady and that causes big time problems with RWD. Tried to race a GTLM the other day and lasted only a few corners. Now that I have got most of the secrets out of the GT-R I think there is some speed left if my pedals were working properly.

Oh man. Worst night of racing in my life. :ouch:

If you're racing during primetime [US] hours then you might as well not even race at all. That's when the monsters come out

Really?

The GT-R is in my opinion the best handling car available. It's become one of my favorites now. The engine note is so smooth, the power is laid down very smoothly, gear changes are so smooth and sound so right.

With whatever setup PD gave it all you have to do is point it in the right direction and follow basic racing line theory and your fast. That's the mark of a great car. And it matches my driving style perfectly, neutral handling going in, with some throttle induced oversteer coming out of corners.

I hate to say this but I can see why it's a better/faster car then the Ford GT

You are very right there about the fastness, the handling is more a personal preference... :) ..I tried hotlapping and was left wondering how the hell can I put a fight with the f430.. but it just lacks the speed. For me it get's somehow more stressfull when racing... And when I see a f430 in my mirror, I know I have a 30% chance to fight back (would get better if trained a bit more.. :) ).. with the fast ones, there is nothing for me to do. I give really much respect you fast dudes with it, not mentioning any names(many drives a red, white, black or a grey one), there is too many of you. Now have seen the both sides of the story and feels good to go home.. :D (f430) I like the feeling that if you make the corners right, there is nothing for the gtr's to do to get past.. against the GTR's, it leaves all the keys to me when sitting in the f430.

edit: is there more clours available? :lol:

edit2: ..I just have to catch you first.. 👍

You are very right there about the fastness, the handling is more a personal preference... :) ..I tried hotlapping and was left wondering how the hell can I put a fight with the f430.. but it just lacks the speed. For me it get's somehow more stressfull when racing... And when I see a f430 in my mirror, I know I have a 30% chance to fight back (would get better if trained a bit more.. :) ).. with the fast ones, there is nothing for me to do. I give really much respect you fast dudes with it, not mentioning any names(many drives a red, white, black or a grey one), there is too many of you. Now have seen the both sides of the story and feels good to go home.. :D (f430) I like the feeling that if you make the corners right, there is nothing for the gtr's to do to get past.. against the GTR's, it leaves all the keys to me when sitting in the f430.

edit: is there more clours available? :lol:

haha, yes there is black and white also. I bought an extra F430 just for this event, a lovely blue one, and I wish Soooooooooooooooooooo much that I could go as fast in it as I do with the GTR. You're absolutely right, I've been RIGHT on a Ferrari bumper on the long Suzuka straights and the slipstreaming just isn't happening. The strengths of the GTR appear to be the chicane at the end because you can get the power down sooner and lamp the kerbs more, and also I've noticed it's pretty good out the hairpin and the first 2 esses.

Also I feel the GTR has a huge 1st lap advantage, but even with my 4 second lead and slightly sub-par driving, you won the race last night. Hunted me down superbly. That black F430 of yours is pretty fearsome.

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

I have driven both as well. And I do think the Ferrari is the faster car head to head. I choose the GTR for a couple of reasons, though. First, if you can get through the first few corners unscathed, and if you are good with the car, the GTR is hard to catch at that point. Obviously not impossible, but hard. Second, it is forgiving. Getting bumped in the GTR doesn't always mean you are off the course. From what I have experienced with the Ferrari, it does. I might be going back to the Ferrari, though. I will at least practice with it some more. I do love the engine sound. :D

How are you guys so fast? It's not fair...

I win the next race or infractions will be handed out....

:dopey:

Going in for my first laps on this event so if I am all over the place don't forget to wave as you pass me :D ... seriously I will be a disaster for the first few races until I get to grips with it so please keep a wide berth .. I'll try my best anyway and cya's in there 👍

Back