World Event: Fuji 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 /:30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 701 comments
According to my wife;
If you travel at speeds of 150mph instead of 152mph on 1/4 mile

at speed of 150mph 1/4 mile will take 6 seconds
at speed of 152 mph 1/4 mile will take 5.94 seconds
time saved 0.06 seconds

in the video speed was higher than 152 mph and fuji straight is longer than 1/4 mile
so the time saved is more than 0.06 seconds

The amount of time gained is irrelevant. In fact, the time is irrelevant before turn one was over.

The amount of time gained is irrelevant. In fact, the time is irrelevant before turn one was over.

I don't know wtf you're talking about, my brother from the next mountain over, but cheating is cheating. 1 microsecond advantage, and it's entirely relevant. :)

Not that I care too much, but since there aren't many races to be had these days, why not argue about new cheating techniques to help pass the time? :dopey:

Ok, if i may ask if we are talking about cheating technics.., how many of you use a driving line? One friend told me to that he dont drive on it on the racing line as his driving line, he use it only for breacking.. whell thats my point exactly, you have to be very carefull if you dont use it and its a lot easier to make mistake, which is natural in racing.. to make mistakes.. not to talk about breacking point, which is very important in racing, one late bracking and your out, or to early bracking and you lose sec..

Any way i am just qurious about it and want to know some other opinion, i didnt read any thread about it or similar.. maybe i am wrong and i will hear something good about usage of driving line, maybe even to clear something if i am racing against softwer or a racer..

This is tottaly positive remark, i just want to hear someother opininon, thats all..

Ok, if i may ask if we are talking about cheating technics.., how many of you use a driving line? One friend told me to that he dont drive on it on the racing line as his driving line, he use it only for breacking.. whell thats my point exactly, you have to be very carefull if you dont use it and its a lot easier to make mistake, which is natural in racing.. to make mistakes.. not to talk about breacking point, which is very important in racing, one late bracking and your out, or to early bracking and you lose sec..

Any way i am just qurious about it and want to know some other opinion, i didnt read any thread about it or similar.. maybe i am wrong and i will hear something good about usage of driving line, maybe even to clear something if i am racing against softwer or a racer..

This is tottaly positive remark, i just want to hear someother opininon, thats all..

Don't really understand what you are talking about ... what "driving line"are you talking about??...the virtual one you can turn on and off??...

If you meen that,no way i use something like that in a 'driving simulator'...for me it has to be as real as it can possibly be,so:cockpit view all the times and as few aids as possible...:)

spy.

I don't know wtf you're talking about

Ok, I'll explain: The amount of time gained was irrelevant because the lap isn't valid. I'm not worried about how much time was gained, it is obvious some was gained, nuff said, brother.:dopey:

I use driving line for breaking points and i think more people should do it than not.

Yes necko my friend, driving line is a good thing for safety and you are apsolutely wright but that line is killing racing spirit, i encorage few of my friends to turned it off and the most beautiful thing in it is a lets say a long fuji straight when is 3 cars in battle and the pressure who will brake first.. sometimes all off three cars are out of track, and thats the beauty off racing, i mean sometimews i jump from chair of exitment..:crazy:

I just wanted to find out if there is anyway of detecting cheating in doing a power lap in free run. I found out yesterday that u could go over 700pp and still do a power lap. I didn't go pass the start finish (to see if it would red flag me) coz I was already irritated that u could still do a free run.
Can u trust all these power laps u see all the time, esp. these super low times...?
Also to me, using the grass to gain more speed is like using the run off areas. Is this allowed...?

Don't really understand what you are talking about ... what "driving line"are you talking about??...the virtual one you can turn on and off??...

If you meen that,no way i use something like that in a 'driving simulator'...for me it has to be as real as it can possibly be,so:cockpit view all the times and as few aids as possible...:)

yes, you are wright, this is real driving simulator and its a completely waste of time if you use it, ABS everyone use it and its not a cheat, i mean my car in life have ABS..:)

My finall opinion is that all off yours tt times, is irellevant if you ask me, its so easy when the softwer tells you when to brake.. but like i said it will be nice to hear some other opinion, and tnx spy..

yes, you are wright, this is real driving simulator and its a completely waste of time if you use it, ABS everyone use it and its not a cheat, i mean my car in life have ABS..:)

My finall opinion is that all off yours tt times, is irellevant if you ask me, its so easy when the softwer tells you when to brake.. but like i said it will be nice to hear some other opinion, and tnx spy..

No worries...

I just think that if you want to really learn a track inside out and get a ' as close as possible' race experience,you do it like in real life...so you pick your braking spots by visual things next to the track(brake signs/tree /shadow/fence/etc etc)or even a color change on the asphalt...if you do this often enough you will eventually brake on sight and feeling instead of allways keeping your eye on a virtuall colored line...this helps a lot when racing online going into a corner side by side were you need your eyes for more important things...:)

But he!,this is my opinion and if others like using the driving line its fine by me...don't really think it is cheeting at all...it wont make you go any faster as often this driving line is not the best line through a corner...💡

If i would have a say in creating the next GranTurismo,i would leave the line out of the game,aswell as the HUD and bumperview...just to make it as "real"as possible...👍

spy.

If i would have a say in creating the next GranTurismo,i would leave the line out of the game,aswell as the HUD and bumperview...just to make it as "real"as possible...👍

My wish: People racing standard physics could use driving line if they want, but all expert events should be as realistic as possible. (= no driving line help)

My 2nd wish: Inside view that does not include a steering wheel. (like Supercar Challenge has). I used to drive from inside view, but switched to bumper view after getting a wheel. It was odd to see two wheels; one in front of you and another one on TV... Too much for a guy with small brains! :P

Yes necko my friend, driving line is a good thing for safety and you are apsolutely wright but that line is killing racing spirit, i encorage few of my friends to turned it off and the most beautiful thing in it is a lets say a long fuji straight when is 3 cars in battle and the pressure who will brake first.. sometimes all off three cars are out of track, and thats the beauty off racing, i mean sometimews i jump from chair of exitment..:crazy:

You need a seat belt. lol

edit- Now, I'm in the mood :D

Killin' me man!

rastafarian_dancing.gif

wtf did I started here....lol Damn people, I just wanted to show that the R8 can be fast at Fuji, and not get murdered by technicality. The guy didn't post his time on gtbd. Not defending anyone, just wanted to show that it was a nice and fast lap with the R8.
:D dapper and El_Z :D

No worries...

I just think that if you want to really learn a track inside out and get a ' as close as possible' race experience,you do it like in real life...so you pick your braking spots by visual things next to the track(brake signs/tree /shadow/fence/etc etc)or even a color change on the asphalt...if you do this often enough you will eventually brake on sight and feeling instead of allways keeping your eye on a virtuall colored line...this helps a lot when racing online going into a corner side by side were you need your eyes for more important things...:)

But he!,this is my opinion and if others like using the driving line its fine by me...don't really think it is cheeting at all...it wont make you go any faster as often this driving line is not the best line through a corner...💡

spy.

My point exactly, you do it like in real life, like in hsr in reverse you have in tunel at the end of it up on left side plates for speed, to slow you down, only you will decide will you brake on 100kmh plate or 50kmh plate, or even later..:)..

But racing line will make you consistenci, you will not make mistake not in one lap and you will drove 10 perfect laps, if you ask me thats very wrong because we all make mistakes, nobody is perfect..

wtf did I started here....lol Damn people, I just wanted to show that the R8 can be fast at Fuji, and not get murdered by technicality. The guy didn't post his time on gtbd. Not defending anyone, just wanted to show that it was a nice and fast lap with the R8.
:D dapper and El_Z :D

Haha its funny isnt it? :cheers:

Did a few races today in my F430,some good clean races but mostly bad ones...

Don't know,maybe people are bored with prologue and there are just the punters left,but it whas really horrible today...can't remember the last time i saw guys brake checking others all the time....sad!!!...

spy.

wow, I had the same experience yesterday. After a few, I had to stop before I break my damn TV....lol

:nervous: i know what you're saying mate...

Tried a few races again this evening and it whas much better,kids went to bed i presume...:)

And man do i love the F430 in this trim...can't wait to drive the 458 in gt5...👍👍👍

spy.

:nervous: i know what you're saying mate...

Tried a few races again this evening and it whas much better,kids went to bed i presume...:)

And man do i love the F430 in this trim...can't wait to drive the 458 in gt5...👍👍👍

spy.

Thanks for clean and nice race yesterday :)

Per

The strong slipstream in Prologue doesn't come in handy against R35sp-shima, you just can't pass him on the long Fuji straight. Racing with these kind of drivers with overtaking being close to impossible makes the game even more realistic. Just can't wait till November:dopey:
Anyway, great racing here tonight especially marichan, shima, Knilch and a bunch of other JP racers. 👍

Yes, hope GTR bug is gone in GT5, Shima isnt so fast when he dont use bug..:)But its not many who can use the bug as Shima..:) When I play cards I dont like to play with cheating people and I m not boasting them if they are good at it. it is really annoying..
Have tested this on both the Subaru and gtr, it was really fake. Do not think anyone bothered to sink so deeply ... good improvement!

Per

Back